Transferring contacts off present phone to N4 sans Google servers?

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I thank God I was able to transfer all of my contacts from my BlackBerry Bold 9700 to my Sensation 4G directly via Bluetooth due to the Transfer app on the Sensation 4G. I don't know/can't tell if this is a stock Google App or is from HTC, is there something similar on the Nexus 4?

Thanks a lot.

Parth Ghetia

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I thank God I was able to transfer all of my contacts from my BlackBerry Bold 9700 to my Sensation 4G directly via Bluetooth due to the Transfer app on the Sensation 4G. I don't know/can't tell if this is a stock Google App or is from HTC, is there something similar on the Nexus 4?

Thanks a lot.
You can send vCards via Bluetooth and then go into the People app and hit import and it'll find all the vCards you transferred through Bluetooth.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
If you are able to back up all of your blackberry contacts on your PC via outlook, you'll then be able to use a program called companion link between outlook and google contacts, where it'll port all of your contacts over. There is a 30 days free trial period so you would not need to buy the utility.

The link is here: http://www.companionlink.com/outlook/

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm actually using a MacPro. RIM actually had excellent BlackBerry Desktop software for Mac and it would successfully sync contacts and media without a hitch. With my Contacts app I exported a VCF file for all my contacts to the microSD card, that was copied it to my computer and Imported with Apple's Contacts.app (as I wrote this I realized I could have directly imported off of the microSD card instead of compying it over, then...) which Mozilla's Thunderbird and Apple's Mail.app utilize.

Google's Android File Transfer doesn't detect my phone in any way, USB Debugging on or off. Good thing they've been working on it or else... oh wait, its still at version 1.0! :confused: