buzz,clicking sound coming from the earpiece?

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been on a number of long calls with the earpiece and hear no distortion or buzzing sound. Could be a hardware issue with your phone?

honestly I can't hear it while on a call, I can only hear it when I unlock/turn the screen on and put my ear next to the earpiece

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want to put the earpiece up to your ear when you unlock the screen? Am I missing something?

I guess you're missing the fact that it actually is an issue which can lead to other issues as the article said (if you read it) such as battery drain etc

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Haven't noticed this myself. Is the article saying the speaker being left on will cause battery drain?

Sent from my Nexus 7

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I guess you're missing the fact that it actually is an issue which can lead to other issues as the article said (if you read it) such as battery drain etc

The article also said it was an issue when people were on calls which is the only time I'd put the earpiece to my ear. If you can't hear anything wrong during calls I would assume it's fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed this myself. Is the article saying the speaker being left on will cause battery drain?

Sent from my Nexus 7

it looks like the earpiece becomes active as soon as you turn the screen on which might lead to a faster than expected battery drain

AbsoluteZerow

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue on both my phone and my wife's phone. It's actually a big issue because our batteries barely last a full day and she doesn't even use hers like I do. I had to plug mine in to charge at 6PM and I took it off the charger at 730AM this morning before heading to work. I used it for maybe... 3-4 hours at most today. The earpiece buzzes and cracks while the display is off, on, and while on a call. It's easy to hear, and its very obvious that this is a biggggg problem. My Nexus 4 also has a stuck pixel and a yellowing screen. Needless to say, I'm a prime example of a user with a crappy launch Nexus 4.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
this is kind of bull , i was all happy and stuff and had minor gripes about the battery...then i put my ear up to it while in idle and was like WTF?! happens either with the screen on or off. i cant even really tell if its the speaker, electronics or just the chips themselves, but its some bs and its eating the battery....simple as that.

apparently most, if not all people who replaced it got the same problem and it makes me wonder if its just the software or what. i have not got the 4.2.1 update yet, but i sincerely hope thats what fixes it. apparently google is replacing these no questions asked though, which raises questions...but questions are also raised again when people complain that the replacements do the same.

i HATE LG, my past experiences indicate that it lives up to its name of "Little Girl" because only preteen girls buy these things...i thought after a few years of growing up and google breathing down its neck, that perhaps it changed its ways and got its together. i feel like an idiot almost for believing any possibility that its software related...but im hoping.

user00265

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... the noise/buzz is there, but its certainly not that bad... and as long as it does not affect the phone or battery life, I don't understand why the fuzz about it.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue on both my phone and my wife's phone. It's actually a big issue because our batteries barely last a full day and she doesn't even use hers like I do. I had to plug mine in to charge at 6PM and I took it off the charger at 730AM this morning before heading to work. I used it for maybe... 3-4 hours at most today. The earpiece buzzes and cracks while the display is off, on, and while on a call. It's easy to hear, and its very obvious that this is a biggggg problem. My Nexus 4 also has a stuck pixel and a yellowing screen. Needless to say, I'm a prime example of a user with a crappy launch Nexus 4.

send it in for replacements. that would definitely bother me too.

fam617

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I too have this problem...sounds the speaker inside is vibrating to the point where its loose. The louder the volume gets the more you can hear it.

ChewieD2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, i'm having the same issue with my nexus 4, i've actually sent one back already and the second one i've received actually seems worse and i can here the strange clicking/buzzing sound much more clearly now. I'm torn as to wether to send back another phone or is this something that will be fixed via an update? Is that even possible? Apart from this really annoying problem i love my phone which makes this all the more frustrating!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this problem today. If I'm in a quiet room, I can hear the buzzing/clicking noise while the phone is ringing. Once the call connects, I don't notice it during regular conversation.

AbsoluteZerow

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys, try this. Pull up a webpage that has a decent amount of content. Hod the phone to your head like you would when on a normal call. Take your other hand and scroll the webpage with the phone to your head. Now you can reallllly hear the buzzing. When the hell will this be ackknowledged by Google/lg? If the noise increasing while using the phone, no wonder battery life drains so much during use. My phone has dropped 3% battery life just from browsing the forum for 5 min and posting this post. 3-4% for 5 min of screentime?! This is a big problem!

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thought I heard a clicking last week, before I knew there was an issue with it.

Then I realized it was just my earring tapping on the glass. :D

So far no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam