any app/widget out there that can show me my memory available?

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
besides task killer?

Also, i posted a screenshot with the task killer app in it and someone told me to delete it. Is it pointless now on these newer versions of Android? I deleted it just because. But now I have nothing to show me my memory usage. Is there an app/widget that can do this?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're talking about the RAM usage I'm just curious as to why you want to monitor it? Especially if you're not killing apps (which you shouldn't be).

System Panel Lite will show you usage.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you're talking about the RAM usage I'm just curious as to why you want to monitor it? Especially if you're not killing apps (which you shouldn't be).

System Panel Lite will show you usage.

why shouldnt we be killing apps? And, no real reason as to why i like to monitor it except for the fact that since my old phone was bad, when i would use task killer widget, it would show me something like (8 apps killed, 320mb avail) and when i put it on the nexus it would be like (8apps killed, 1401mb avail) so it just makes me feel really good that this phone is so much faster.

But seriously why should we not be killing apps/using task killer anymore?

mrkalel

Oct 2, 2010
www.twitter.com
besides task killer?

Also, i posted a screenshot with the task killer app in it and someone told me to delete it. Is it pointless now on these newer versions of Android? I deleted it just because. But now I have nothing to show me my memory usage. Is there an app/widget that can do this?

I use the Sense Clock widget and when you press the lower left a screen pops up with all that info...

Screenshot_2012-11-24-15-12-03[1] by MrKal_El, on Flickr

Screenshot_2012-11-24-15-11-58[1] by MrKal_El, on Flickr

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
On older versions of Android (I think anything before 2.1) the OS wasn't good at managing its memory, which is why task killers started to become popular. You pretty much HAD to use them actually.

Android has matured to the point that it will effectively manage its own memory usage, which is good for us because that means we don't have to do it. Once memory usage gets to a certain point (defined by the MinFree settings) it will kill the oldest running app to free up space.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You have 2GB of RAM on the N4. Why on earth would you want to kill anything even if there was reason to?

For example...mine usually has 1.5GB free RAM at any one time. Memory it isn't using but that is there to be used.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't know why you would want to kill an app for anything other than an error, but System Info Widget by Jason Calhoun is a good display widget.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000