Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 458
Like Tree49Likes
  1. #251  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Would turning on Data Roaming in the settings be advantages for any reason while using at&t straight talk?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  2. #252  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    I received my Nexus 4 a week ago and last night I finally hooked it up with Straight Talk. Pretty good process and it worked out great. Coming from Metro Pcs where I would get about 1-4mbps on average I am now getting 3.5-6mbps on average with Straight Talk using At&t service. Also so far I have had reception everywhere and real world speeds are great. At home or anywhere possible I am using wifi. On the road here in South Fl the At&t service is great.

    Even if T-Mobile were to have faster speeds as of now I am very happy with Straight talk and At&t, especially coming from Metro pcs.

    I've been working a lot lately and haven't really been able to use the phone much, but on the surface I love it and will be an excellent phone for me for at least 6months to a year, until the next one comes out. In January I plan to buy my wife phone. Sometime later this month I may explore some custom roms. Regardless I work 60+ hour weeks (Shooting Editing Video) so back to work I go.

    peace
  3. #253  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Before getting a Nexus 4, I was on verizon for 10 years. I first siwtched to the T-Mobile and their $30 unlimited plan. When I got their HSPA signal is felt almost as fast as my verizon 4gLTE speed, but that signal was unreliable to say the least. Anytime I would go into a building, like work or my house the signal would be spotty I would go from full bars to no bars all the time. Also it seemed whenever I needed to check my phone almost half the time I would have no signal. My battery would start to drain quick with it falling in and out of signal. I live and work near Ocala, FL,

    I got sick of the lack of service and switched to Straight Talk earlier this week, and get a much more reliable signal. The speed is not as fast as Tmobile, but is alot more reliable.

    I do miss the reliability and speed of Verizon's LTE network, but I don't miss the price or the annoying bloatware they put on their phones. My last phone, the Droid Charge had so many annoying Vzn apps on it I couldn't get rid of. I didnt want to root my phone to get it without the bloatware. Also the fact that Vzn would only let me keep my unlimited data if I paid full price for a new phone was the last straw for me and I got a N4.
  4. #254  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    I'm on ST/T-Mobile in Chicago. What a difference versus Sprint!!!

    bobjohnson201 likes this.
  5. #255  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Can someone please help me get some sort of "visual voicemail" (just to see the list of voicemails, not a transcript) on my phone with Straight Talk - AT&T? It seems that I can't use YouMail, which I had when I was on Sprint. Someone else suggested Google Voice Lite, but I can't put in the forwarding number, I get the "incorrect MMI" error after dialing the conditional forwarding number. Is there some other way to get Google Voice Lite working? I really don't want to go back to standard voicemail. Thanks!
  6. #256  
    jimmiekain's Avatar

    Posts
    236 Posts
    ROM
    Stock / Stock

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus4 on Straight Talk?

    This is nerve racking... My nexus 4 was delivered yesterday but my straight talk sim isnt coming until today. I've been up since 6am in anticipation. Every time I heard a loud noise outside I jump up and look out of the window to see if its the FedEx truck.

    I cant to get a sim into my N4 and run some speed tests. I've been on sprint for like 10 years, now its time to see what StraightTalk / AT&T can do.
  7. #257  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Hey guys have a look at
    They are strong advocates of mvnos like straight talk, solavei etc. They have great articles on mvno plans, unlocked gsm phones etc. I am a total gsm pimp now.
    I came from vz and boy am I happy to get out of their lame contract. ST is the bomb.
    bobjohnson201 likes this.
  8. #258  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    Can someone please help me get some sort of "visual voicemail" (just to see the list of voicemails, not a transcript) on my phone with Straight Talk - AT&T? It seems that I can't use YouMail, which I had when I was on Sprint. Someone else suggested Google Voice Lite, but I can't put in the forwarding number, I get the "incorrect MMI" error after dialing the conditional forwarding number. Is there some other way to get Google Voice Lite working? I really don't want to go back to standard voicemail. Thanks!
    Okay, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I hadn't downloaded the GV app and run the configuration on the app. Once I did that, it started working. I found the info here:
  9. #259  
    jimmiekain's Avatar

    Posts
    236 Posts
    ROM
    Stock / Stock

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    These are all indoors

    Ontario California w/ ST - Att sim


    Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?-uploadfromtaptalk1355600414127.jpg

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    dmowry7300 likes this.
  10. #260  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by dmowry7300 View Post
    Would turning on Data Roaming in the settings be advantages for any reason while using at&t straight talk?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    No because I do not think the prepaid deals allow roaming.



    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  11. #261  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Thought I would post my experience porting numbers over from Verizon.

    Ported my wifes phone first using the online steps at the Straight Talk website. Porting completed in about 5 mins!!
    Ported my number next via the ST website and it took about 20 mins to complete.

    So far the service is good but I am only on day one in the Metro Detroit Area.

    Oh yeah....I picked the ATT sim card.
  12. #262  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Does anyone know if Straight Talk works in Puerto Rico? I will be visiting next month and curious to know if it will work ok?

    Puerto Rico has full coverage for AT&T and T-Mobile, just not sure if they support straight talk in PR...
  13. #263  
    Insp_Gadget's Avatar
    Inspector Gadget

    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
    Does anyone know if Straight Talk works in Puerto Rico? I will be visiting next month and curious to know if it will work ok?

    Puerto Rico has full coverage for AT&T and T-Mobile, just not sure if they support straight talk in PR...
    Wherever AT&T or T-Mobile have native coverage Straight Talk will work. You just have to choose either an AT&T-compatible or T-Mobile-compatible SIM when you order.
    --Inspector Gadget

    Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
  14. #264  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Wherever AT&T or T-Mobile have native coverage Straight Talk will work. You just have to choose either an AT&T-compatible or T-Mobile-compatible SIM when you order.
    Thanks! That's what I figured, but their FAQ says otherwise?


    Will I be able to make or receive calls while in Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands?
    You will not be able to make or receive calls on your Straight Talk phone when you are located anywhere outside of the continental United States.


    It makes no sense to me, I'm thinking the FAQ is wrong, but wanted confirmation from someone who may either live or have visited PR recently
  15. #265  
    Insp_Gadget's Avatar
    Inspector Gadget

    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
    Thanks! That's what I figured, but their FAQ says otherwise?


    Will I be able to make or receive calls while in Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands?
    You will not be able to make or receive calls on your Straight Talk phone when you are located anywhere outside of the continental United States.


    It makes no sense to me, I'm thinking the FAQ is wrong, but wanted confirmation from someone who may either live or have visited PR recently
    Don't pay attention to any information you get from . Only pay attention to information provided by the site.

    They use different phones and have different rules. The straighttalk.com site is for buying pre-paid phones from Straight Talk, which are either CDMA or GSM, but are locked to their proprietary proxies and a subset of the spectrum they leased from the big four carriers.

    The straighttalksim.com site is for bringing your own fully AT&T- or T-Mobile-compatible phone, which aren't as locked down or limited as the Straight Talk-branded phones.

    The two sites confuse a lot of customers because one of them shows and discusses the limited coverage of the native Straight Talk network, while the other shows the full coverage available via the AT&T- and/or T-Mobile-compatible SIMs.
    --Inspector Gadget

    Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
    Thanked by 5:
    kendallc123 likes this.
  16. #266  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Don't pay attention to any information you get from . Only pay attention to information provided by the site.

    They use different phones and have different rules. The straighttalk.com site is for buying pre-paid phones from Straight Talk, which are either CDMA or GSM, but are locked to their proprietary proxies and a subset of the spectrum they leased from the big four carriers.

    The straighttalksim.com site is for bringing your own fully AT&T- or T-Mobile-compatible phone, which aren't as locked down or limited as the Straight Talk-branded phones.

    The two sites confuse a lot of customers because one of them shows and discusses the limited coverage of the native Straight Talk network, while the other shows the full coverage available via the AT&T- and/or T-Mobile-compatible SIMs.
    Wow thanks! Didn't know that!
  17. #267  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Also, for anyone curious I just found this speed test using straight talk in puerto rico

    Guess it does work!

  18. #268  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    I don't like how Straight Talk says in their TOS that if you port your number to them from another carrier, you have no ownership of that number and they can change it at any time they want. No warnings needed.

    That and them lying to me about throttling my data is why I am sticking with Verizon for now.



    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  19. #269  
    tcapote's Avatar
    Geek Freak

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    I would port to Google Voice, just to be sure I keep access to my number, just in case.

    So far been on ST for over a month, no problems. Speeds fine, mostly on cell data all day long, wifi at night. In my first 30 days, I did about 2gb.


    Digitally transmitted from my unlocked Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk using Tapatalk 2
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  20. #270  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    I can't port to google voice. Says my number is from an area they don't support...



    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  21. #271  
    jimmiekain's Avatar

    Posts
    236 Posts
    ROM
    Stock / Stock

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Straight talk / Att sim

    Pomona California outdoors while driving.

    Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?-uploadfromtaptalk1355685527438.jpg

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  22. #272  
    jimmiekain's Avatar

    Posts
    236 Posts
    ROM
    Stock / Stock

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Straight talk w/ Att sim

    Clairmont California inside norms restaurant 10fwy and Indian hill Blvd.

    Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?-uploadfromtaptalk1355694562743.jpg

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #273  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    This is nerve racking... My nexus 4 was delivered yesterday but my straight talk sim isnt coming until today. I've been up since 6am in anticipation. Every time I heard a loud noise outside I jump up and look out of the window to see if its the FedEx truck.

    I cant to get a sim into my N4 and run some speed tests. I've been on sprint for like 10 years, now its time to see what StraightTalk / AT&T can do.
    Tell me about it. I have been waiting for 12 days for my T-mobile activation kit while having my Nexus 4 for 10 days. I don't even know if I'll get good call quality yet.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE
  24. #274  
    tcapote's Avatar
    Geek Freak

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    Tell me about it. I have been waiting for 12 days for my T-mobile activation kit while having my Nexus 4 for 10 days. I don't even know if I'll get good call quality yet.
    It should be there soon, they shipped mine from Texas to California, 14days for me. I didn't even think that was possible!


    Digitally transmitted from my unlocked Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk using Tapatalk 2
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  25. #275  

    Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by tcapote View Post
    It should be there soon, they shipped mine from Texas to California, 14days for me. I didn't even think that was possible!


    Digitally transmitted from my unlocked Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk using Tapatalk 2
    I live in Texas and was told over night delivery. USPS is really screwed up to take 2 weeks to deliver a a little item.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can you use the Atrix HD on Straight Talk?
    By dreamliner in forum AT&T ATRIX HD
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 06:18 PM
  2. HTC Google Nexus One no data or MMS on Straight talk
    By Cami Talboy in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM
  3. which will i get better speed out of on a galaxy nexus on straight talk ICS or Jellybean?
    By jazz mcomas in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 05:20 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 02:55 PM
  5. anybody using at&t note or at&t hox on straight talk?
    By silent1643 in forum Other US Carriers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 02:50 PM

Posting Permissions

B