Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Default Re: Anyone using Nexus4 on Straight Talk?

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    Tell me about it. I have been waiting for 12 days for my T-mobile activation kit while having my Nexus 4 for 10 days. I don't even know if I'll get good call quality yet.
    I'd just go to walmart, buy a tmobile sim, take it home and cut it with a pair of scissors.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    I live in Texas and was told over night delivery. USPS is really screwed up to take 2 weeks to deliver a a little item.
    Things might be getting delayed a little over the holidays. It'll be so worth it when it comes though!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock (for now)

question about numbers, I'm almost up on my Verizon contract and leaning toward a nexus 4 on ATT ST. It sounds like you can port your number, but if ST shuts you off, you loose it. I want to use ST, but don't want to loose my number. Any suggestions? I'm not sure I want to use google voice. Has anyone lost their number because of ST?

Just a heads up. I just received a call from ST saying may data usage was excessive and in violation of the terms of service.
    I used 2.26GB of data from Nov 21 - Dec 20. 1.6GB of that was from streaming Google Music.
    I think I'll probably switch carriers

Quote Originally Posted by bgs99 View Post
    Just a heads up. I just received a call from ST saying may data usage was excessive and in violation of the terms of service.
    I used 2.26GB of data from Nov 21 - Dec 20. 1.6GB of that was from streaming Google Music.
    AT&T or TMobile?

I'm using the AT&T sim card on ST
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

Hope you find a service that meets your needs. Good luck.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

I'm using the AT&T sim card on ST
    Try TMobile on straight talk. I've heard they aren't as strict.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

dang that sucks. what area you in?
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts

Did they provide you these numbers? Do you have the proxy setup in the APN or is it blank?

Digitally transmitted from my unlocked Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk using Tapatalk 2
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    dang that sucks. what area you in?
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by tcapote View Post
    Did they provide you these numbers? Do you have the proxy setup in the APN or is it blank?

Digitally transmitted from my unlocked Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk using Tapatalk 2
    Those numbers came from my phone. The proxy is blank in the APN.

Default Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

I had ST and used 3gb in a month and they never called, they just throttled me down to 0.24mbps. When I called they denied throttling me, but said my speed would go back to normal when I refilled my monthly fee.

I sold the Nexus 4 and I am remaining on Verizon until they force me out of my unlimited data. I was willing to give ST a try but lying to me (and them barely speaking English) made my mind up.

Good luck with them! Oh, it was an AT&T compatible sim card. My proxy line was blank.

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

This amazes me how strict at&t must be with their data... 2.26GB in a month does not seem and should not be considered excessive. You would think in today times with everyone hurting for $ that ST would be a little more apt to retain customers. Unfortunately though their hands are probably tied by at&t.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

My MMS messages are not going thru on ST-ATT. Anyone know what the problem could be. They just say "sending" for hours and hours and never go thru.

Edited to add my APN settings:

APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: not set
    Port: 80
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: not set
    APN type: default, supl, mms
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    APN enabled
    Bearer: unspecified

Could it have *anything* to do with me having the Google Voice app on my phone? I'm only using it for voicemail. I haven't done the whole GV integration thing.
    Last edited by kmcochran; 12-21-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    My MMS messages are not going thru on ST-ATT. Anyone know what the problem could be. They just say "sending" for hours and hours and never go thru.

Edited to add my APN settings:

APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: not set
    Port: 80
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: not set
    APN type: default, supl, mms
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    APN enabled
    Bearer: unspecified

Could it have *anything* to do with me having the Google Voice app on my phone? I'm only using it for voicemail. I haven't done the whole GV integration thing.
    If you are trying to send or receive MMS with your GV number, it will not work. GV does not support MMS.

If you are actually using your ST number then it should work. Double check the settings in the GV app to make sure that texts are not being sent via Google Voice.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

I just checked my settings and they seem correct. Google voice does not make calls and texts are sent by the messaging program and not gv. I don't know what the problem is with my MMS messages not going out.

I just checked my settings and they seem correct. Google voice does not make calls and texts are sent by the messaging program and not gv. I don't know what the problem is with my MMS messages not going out.

I am going to assume you cannot receive them either, correct?

Your APN settings seem to match what I had on my N4. But I no longer have mine so I can't be sure.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Was the number you ported into Straight Talk a previous Google Voice number that you ported out of Google Voice?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dmowry7300 View Post
    This amazes me how strict at&t must be with their data... 2.26GB in a month does not seem and should not be considered excessive. You would think in today times with everyone hurting for $ that ST would be a little more apt to retain customers. Unfortunately though their hands are probably tied by at&t.

i agree. att is most likely the one calling the shots.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycinla View Post
    Was the number you ported into Straight Talk a previous Google Voice number that you ported out of Google Voice?
    No, the number ported was from Sprint. Yes, I can receive MMS texts, I just can't send them (picture texts).

No, the number ported was from Sprint. Yes, I can receive MMS texts, I just can't send them (picture texts).

Did you use Sprint Integration with Google voice while you were on Sprint ?

Did you use Sprint Integration with Google voice while you were on Sprint ?
    No, this is the first time I'm using Google Voice. I was using YouMail before for voicemail, but it won't work with ST because of the conditional forwarding problem, so I had to switch to Google Voice.

Edited to add: I just uninstalled GV from my phone and then I sent a MMS message and it went thru. I also called my phone to make sure GV still answered and it did. My only problem now is listening to messages without the app. I'll try reinstalling it and see if it clears the problem or not.

Try to send an MMS to yourself.

If that doesn't go through, delete ALL APN's completely.
    Then re-add the ST ATT APN > Click #4 once you open this page Support | Straight Talk

j

Try to send an MMS to yourself.

If that doesn't go through, delete ALL APN's completely.
    Then re-add the ST ATT APN > Click #4 once you open this page Support | Straight Talk

j
    Thanks, but now MMS isn't working at all. I reinstalled the GV app, tried to MMS, and it just hangs. I uninstalled it, tried to send a MMS and it just hangs. I then deleted all APNs (stock ATT & ST-ATT) and then added the ST-ATT one back in. Rebooted the phone, tried to send MMS and it still hangs. UGH!!!!!! Regular SMS messages go thru.
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast