Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

I got throttled last month and it was a pretty easy fix actually. I called 866-667-6472 twice. The first time I spoke to a woman who insisted that I was tethering and said she couldn't do anything for me. I called the next day and I told the guy that I was positive that I hadn't violated the Terms of Service (don't know if that helped at all) but he took about 10 minutes to update something on my account and my speeds were fine. I was also told that you will be un-throttled at the start of your next month of service, but I couldn't deal with 200kbps down until the end of my month of service.

At least they admitted to throttling you. They denied throttling me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by krustyg View Post
    I got throttled last month and it was a pretty easy fix actually. I called 866-667-6472 twice. The first time I spoke to a woman who insisted that I was tethering and said she couldn't do anything for me. I called the next day and I told the guy that I was positive that I hadn't violated the Terms of Service (don't know if that helped at all) but he took about 10 minutes to update something on my account and my speeds were fine. I was also told that you will be un-throttled at the start of your next month of service, but I couldn't deal with 200kbps down until the end of my month of service.
    I sent them an email and then they called me like 5 days later at like 7am...Didn't have the motivation to answer. Then they sent me an email saying we understand you are having problems with your browser's speed. Then I was like **** it...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Since Net10 and Straight Talk appear to be pretty much identical, I figured I'd post in here.

Anyways, I've been using Solavei for the past month on my Nexus 4. The service and data speeds have been fantastic where I live (Columbus, OH), but they're horrendous when I leave the city and visit my parents. I can't even get voice coverage for at least half of my two-hour drive home. And it's nothing but EDGE when I'm at my parents' house. I guess it should be expected, given T-Mobile's focus on large metropolitan areas, but it just doesn't work for me. It's not like my parents live in the middle of nowhere. They're a mile from a major interstate in northeast Ohio, for chrissakes.

But anyways, I'm trying out Net10 on AT&T's network next month. I don't expect the data speeds to be as fast as Solavei/T-Mo, but I need decent coverage when I leave the city. And I put more faith in AT&T to expand/improve their HSPA+ network than T-Mobile.

ROM
    Stock / Stock

I did a few speed test on my N4 in Brea, California. Here is a video I did. Enjoy!.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexg314 View Post
    How long did it take you guys to get your numbers ported? I'm porting mine over from MetroPCS
    I ported from Verizon over weekend. Only took about an hour to complete the process.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

How long did it take you guys to get your numbers ported? I'm porting mine over from MetroPCS
    I ported my number from sprint to straight talk and it took like 10 minutes. I was really impressed.

Yep, all good now!

Now to just call ST to change the name that shows up on the caller ID..
    Thanked by:

Yep, all good now!

Can they do that? I didn't think to ask about caller I. D

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Yep, all good now!

I didn't know you could do that. I'm gonna call when I get home today for sure.

Thanks

Yep, all good now!

What name exactly are we talking about here?

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dmowry7300 View Post
    What name exactly are we talking about here?

Your name. Sprint could do that, caller id would show my name and number.

Thanked by:

Help!!! Lots of good info here, I have had a N4 for a few days. Have a ST Att SIM card and for the life of Me can not get the Data working. The phone & messaging work fine, porting was no problem. Wi-Fi works great at work (none at home). Others with ATT at work and home work well. Location maps say I'm good for 3&4G. Have tried all the different APN settings, even the MMS Proxy setting, mms2.tracfone.com, that the ST service help told me to replace 66.209.11.33 with. All other settings they went over were set right. I am begining to think I have a bad SIM card or a problem with the phone. I'll try Google next. Any ideas!

Sounds like your sim card is bad. I would request a replacement and try that first.

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Well... It's all over. I've been throttled. I'm using the apn settings I found on post #44 of this thread posted by rcliftcon. Never got an email or text warning or anything.

Only used 902mb since early December. I'm sad now cause at&t is too expensive and T-Mobile coverage is bad in my area. I may have to sell my N4 .24mb is the reason I left sprint.

Never tried to tether or anything.

Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?-uploadfromtaptalk1357706284445.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
    Well... It's all over. I've been throttled. I'm using the apn settings I found on post #44 of this thread posted by rcliftcon. Never got an email or text warning or anything.

Only used 902mb since early December. I'm sad now cause at&t is too expensive and T-Mobile coverage is bad in my area. I may have to sell my N4 .24mb is the reason I left sprint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357706284445.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	56189

Where are you located???

How do you know you're throttled? Might just be a bad connection?

WOW....902MB!!! These reports are getting worse and worse. I really hope that using this phone with straight talk doesn't end up being a bad decision. Seems like straight talk subscribers are dropping left and right:-(

ROM
    Stock / Stock

I'm in Ontario California.

I know I'm throttled because I get the same speed over and over. Same speed at my house as I got a few cities away in Brea California where I work.

I've turned the phone on and off also tried toggling airplane mode.

It sucks because I was really happy with the service and even made a YouTube video praising the service. I'm thinking about taking the video down and telling everyone about my new experience.

I'm in Ontario California.

I know I'm throttled because I get the same speed over and over. Same speed at my house as I got a few cities away in Brea California where I work.

I've turned the phone on and off also tried toggling airplane mode.

It sucks because I was really happy with the service and even made a YouTube video praising the service. I'm thinking about taking the video down and telling everyone about my new experience.

Something else to give a try is to go into settings, click on more under wireless and networks, mobile networks, and toggle 2g on and off.

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Tried it it didn't work.

Any other possible fixes?

Thanks Kmcocharm.

After calling Google they offered to replace the phone, but I sed I would try a few more things. I took the phone to Wall-Mart, no real help, and to Radio Shack, better but on answer. After calling ST one more time and meany resets I had a brain storm. I went to the ST web site & sim support and got the T-Mobile APN settings, put them in the phone and what do you know! it came to life. Called ST back & told them they sent a TM card with a ATT kit. Gave them the sim card # and they sed it was an ATT card and even though it was working with TM settings it will still be using the ATT system.I have little faith in that. Can't tell what system I'm on, but TM is very spotty outside of town as it is all over. ATT covers a lot farther, I,ll know before long. Told ST if my coverage is bad they will replace the card at their cost, they sed fine. We'll see.

Tried it it didn't work.

Any other possible fixes?

I would call them and ask why your days is so slow. They may just reset it for you. Also tell them that you haven't tethered or steamed or come close to their data limits. Someone else posted that they called & got their account reset.

Quote Originally Posted by tlberg View Post
    Thanks Kmcocharm.

After calling Google they offered to replace the phone, but I sed I would try a few more things. I took the phone to Wall-Mart, no real help, and to Radio Shack, better but on answer. After calling ST one more time and meany resets I had a brain storm. I went to the ST web site & sim support and got the T-Mobile APN settings, put them in the phone and what do you know! it came to life. Called ST back & told them they sent a TM card with a ATT kit. Gave them the sim card # and they sed it was an ATT card and even though it was working with TM settings it will still be using the ATT system.I have little faith in that. Can't tell what system I'm on, but TM is very spotty outside of town as it is all over. ATT covers a lot farther, I,ll know before long. Told ST if my coverage is bad they will replace the card at their cost, they sed fine. We'll see.
    Well, the don't make micro Sim for t- mobile, so I doubt that is the case. I guess keep trying it & hopefully it will work out.

So I have been trying to order the ST ATT microsim with 1 month service and when I hit the final order button I just go to the home page with no confirmation of the order anywhere. Is this normal? It has not been 3 days yet but even my credit card has not been charged yet.
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast