Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819
Like Tree49Likes

Default Re: Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

Quote Originally Posted by bshensky View Post

The T-Mobile network upgrades are real.
    We're through the looking glass here, people...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Filmhawk View Post
    Solavei's 'Social Marketing Program' sounds a lot like multi-level marketing of Amway.
    I just wanted to clarify the Solavei plan. It's 4GB unthrottled data - other numbers have been thrown around in this thread. Yes, they have a referral program where you can get paid back, but it's completely optional, and it doesn't change the fact that they have a clearly defined data plan for $49/month on T-Mobile's network . Yes, you can save $4 a month with Straight Talk if you're happy dealing with the mystery data throttling situation.

I chose Solavei because it was the best value for me regardless of the referral aspect. I don't see it being that much different than the various "free calling circles" or back in the day when Sprint to Sprint calls didn't use your minutes. (That's what got us on Sprint many years ago.) It's all about a carrier trying to find a way to get you to recommend them to others. It doesn't do any good if they can't provide good service. So far, I've been very happy with my service.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    Ask me about Solavei.

I just switched from the T-Mo unlimited everything $70 plan. I had no building penetration at home or at work so I got one of the last ST AT&T sims. I got the template to cut it to a micro sim from CNET. Worked like a charm. Got my APN settings from the forums here. Now my phone has data while I'm at work and inside my house. I will say this, I used 8 gb's of data last month using T-Mo (HBO GO and DirecTV) so I will miss that. But I think this will be better for me so I can read about roms and download them right from my phone at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite7154 View Post
    I just switched from the T-Mo unlimited everything $70 plan. I had no building penetration at home or at work so I got one of the last ST AT&T sims. I got the template to cut it to a micro sim from CNET. Worked like a charm. Got my APN settings from the forums here. Now my phone has data while I'm at work and inside my house. I will say this, I used 8 gb's of data last month using T-Mo (HBO GO and DirecTV) so I will miss that. But I think this will be better for me so I can read about roms and download them right from my phone at work.
    I hope you have Wi-Fi at work because AT&T is pretty stingy when it comes to data usage on ST. I've heard anywhere from 1.5gb/month to 100mb a day.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Default Re: Anyone using Nexus4 on Straight Talk?

ATT Sim, taken in the Miami area...

What I cant understand is a lot of times my connection shows completely different states although I'm in FL. mostly Nashville TN comes up and KY which makes no sense to me. But I usually still get at least 1 Mbps when it does that. See my second screen, this particular time was actually good. but i live in south FLORIDA! I have no clue why this happens! sometimes a quick Airplane mode will bring it back to Miami or someplace else in FL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?-screenshot_2013-03-05-02-04-13.png   Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?-screenshot_2013-03-05-02-14-53.png  

ROM
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie4sho View Post
    ATT Sim, taken in the Miami area...

What I cant understand is a lot of times my connection shows completely different states although I'm in FL. mostly Nashville TN comes up and KY which makes no sense to me. But I usually still get at least 1 Mbps when it does that. See my second screen, this particular time was actually good. but i live in south FLORIDA! I have no clue why this happens! sometimes a quick Airplane mode will bring it back to Miami or someplace else in FL.
    I'm in a similar boat like you, only my boats travels further. Check my location and the answers I got.

Speedtest Location Wrong
    Rookie4sho likes this.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

I have a ATT sim. I had to hunt it down because they stopped making them. I get excellent download speeds when not throttled. When throttled I only get 250K. It ends up being about as slow as my Virgin Mobile Optimus V was in real time. The 250k is consistent where as VM was all over the place between 50k-500k.

I was throttled at 1.3GB

Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    I have a ATT sim. I had to hunt it down because they stopped making them. I get excellent download speeds when not throttled. When throttled I only get 250K. It ends up being about as slow as my Virgin Mobile Optimus V was in real time. The 250k is consistent where as VM was all over the place between 50k-500k.

I was throttled at 1.3GB
    I had the same phone and VM until I got the N4. I too have ST Att.. not happy with the speeds but faster than what I had

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819