Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up. I just received a call from ST saying may data usage was excessive and in violation of the terms of service.
I used 2.26GB of data from Nov 21 - Dec 20. 1.6GB of that was from streaming Google Music.
I think I'll probably switch carriers

Hope you find a service that meets your needs. Good luck.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up. I just received a call from ST saying may data usage was excessive and in violation of the terms of service.
I used 2.26GB of data from Nov 21 - Dec 20. 1.6GB of that was from streaming Google Music.

dang that sucks. what area you in?

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Did they provide you these numbers? Do you have the proxy setup in the APN or is it blank?

Digitally transmitted from my unlocked Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had ST and used 3gb in a month and they never called, they just throttled me down to 0.24mbps. When I called they denied throttling me, but said my speed would go back to normal when I refilled my monthly fee.

I sold the Nexus 4 and I am remaining on Verizon until they force me out of my unlimited data. I was willing to give ST a try but lying to me (and them barely speaking English) made my mind up.

Good luck with them! Oh, it was an AT&T compatible sim card. My proxy line was blank.

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

dmowry7300

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This amazes me how strict at&t must be with their data... 2.26GB in a month does not seem and should not be considered excessive. You would think in today times with everyone hurting for $ that ST would be a little more apt to retain customers. Unfortunately though their hands are probably tied by at&t.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My MMS messages are not going thru on ST-ATT. Anyone know what the problem could be. They just say "sending" for hours and hours and never go thru.

Edited to add my APN settings:

APN: att.mvno
Proxy: not set
Port: 80
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: not set
APN type: default, supl, mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enabled
Bearer: unspecified

Could it have *anything* to do with me having the Google Voice app on my phone? I'm only using it for voicemail. I haven't done the whole GV integration thing.

Last edited:

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My MMS messages are not going thru on ST-ATT. Anyone know what the problem could be. They just say "sending" for hours and hours and never go thru.

Edited to add my APN settings:

APN: att.mvno
Proxy: not set
Port: 80
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: not set
APN type: default, supl, mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enabled
Bearer: unspecified

Could it have *anything* to do with me having the Google Voice app on my phone? I'm only using it for voicemail. I haven't done the whole GV integration thing.

If you are trying to send or receive MMS with your GV number, it will not work. GV does not support MMS.

If you are actually using your ST number then it should work. Double check the settings in the GV app to make sure that texts are not being sent via Google Voice.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my settings and they seem correct. Google voice does not make calls and texts are sent by the messaging program and not gv. I don't know what the problem is with my MMS messages not going out.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my settings and they seem correct. Google voice does not make calls and texts are sent by the messaging program and not gv. I don't know what the problem is with my MMS messages not going out.

I am going to assume you cannot receive them either, correct?

Your APN settings seem to match what I had on my N4. But I no longer have mine so I can't be sure.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Was the number you ported into Straight Talk a previous Google Voice number that you ported out of Google Voice?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This amazes me how strict at&t must be with their data... 2.26GB in a month does not seem and should not be considered excessive. You would think in today times with everyone hurting for $ that ST would be a little more apt to retain customers. Unfortunately though their hands are probably tied by at&t.

i agree. att is most likely the one calling the shots.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Was the number you ported into Straight Talk a previous Google Voice number that you ported out of Google Voice?

No, the number ported was from Sprint. Yes, I can receive MMS texts, I just can't send them (picture texts).

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you use Sprint Integration with Google voice while you were on Sprint ?

No, this is the first time I'm using Google Voice. I was using YouMail before for voicemail, but it won't work with ST because of the conditional forwarding problem, so I had to switch to Google Voice.

Edited to add: I just uninstalled GV from my phone and then I sent a MMS message and it went thru. I also called my phone to make sure GV still answered and it did. My only problem now is listening to messages without the app. I'll try reinstalling it and see if it clears the problem or not.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Try to send an MMS to yourself.

If that doesn't go through, delete ALL APN's completely.
Then re-add the ST ATT APN > Click #4 once you open this page Support | Straight Talk

j

Thanks, but now MMS isn't working at all. I reinstalled the GV app, tried to MMS, and it just hangs. I uninstalled it, tried to send a MMS and it just hangs. I then deleted all APNs (stock ATT & ST-ATT) and then added the ST-ATT one back in. Rebooted the phone, tried to send MMS and it still hangs. UGH!!!!!! Regular SMS messages go thru.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc