Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One easy question for Nexus 4 owners about headphones.

Does the Nexus 4 support wired headsets? Pause/Play and volume up and down is all I want.
    The Nexus 7 doesn't support wired headsets, it just has a regular headphone socket. I really find this a problem for me because the Nexus 7 will fit in the pockets of my running pants but is hard to pull out while running. Bluetooth headsets just don't cut it for me.
    I like the Nexus 4 but not supporting wired headsets would be a deal breaker for me. Can't get one now anyway as I am not going the E-bay way.

Default Re: One easy question for Nexus 4 owners about headphones.

Yes, but the funky angle of the headphone jack may cause some of the features to not work depending on your headset.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Wired headsets with a single button inline remote/mic work just fine. If you have a three button inline remote (Apple style) only the middle button will function. I have a pair of Klipsch S4a-II IEMs and they work great. One click of the button is play/pause, a double click is skip track, a triple click is back track, pressing and holding will reset the volume to quiet and slowly increase it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroshane View Post
    Wired headsets with a single button inline remote/mic work just fine. If you have a three button inline remote (Apple style) only the middle button will function. I have a pair of Klipsch S4a-II IEMs and they work great. One click of the button is play/pause, a double click is skip track, a triple click is back track, pressing and holding will reset the volume to quiet and slowly increase it.
    I just tried my Klipsch headset with my Nexus 4, and volume keys do not work, but one click pauses/plays, double click skips and press/hold brings up google play.
    Thanked by:

I have a nexus 4 and it does work great for play / pause / end / answer calls and my volume buttons all work on a wired headset. I am having people complain about my voice quality when I am on a voice call with the mic built into my headset. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I have tried 2 headsets and seems to be consistent complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by havanahjoe View Post
    I just tried my Klipsch headset with my Nexus 4, and volume keys do not work, but one click pauses/plays, double click skips and press/hold brings up google play.
    With what player? I think this is an optional setting in PowerAmp.

Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

just get a bluetooth headset. All buttons work flawlessly. plus no wire to mess with. sound quality might not be as good as wired headset, but i like it so much better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I am having a similar issue with the inline microphone. Did anyone discover what was causing this?