50GB Cloud Storage Through Box.net for the Nexus 4

djmobil2

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
For those who have been playing around with the new LG Google Nexus 4 and didn't noticed, there's an offer running until December 31, 2012 were you can get Box cloud service with 50GB of storage and Box.net will allow you to share your cloud storage with your friends. This is possible thanks to a partnership between manufacturer LG and the cloud storage provider.
I installed the application on my unlocked and rooted Nexus 4 and after signing in from the phone, the cloud storage became automatically upgraded from 5GB to 50GB. That's was very easy and cool so people like who take a lot of pictures and videos daily don't worry about fill to capacity the 16GB storage of the phone.
But I found some issues during the use of the application: First of all I can't create a file that directly syncs photos taken from the phone everytime it's connected to a wifi like Dropbox do. So, you will have to upload photos manually. Secondly, when uploading photos you will want to upload multiple files at the same time by selecting Multiple Select from the settings menu but, it will let you choose the files then it will freeze during the upload.
In summary, for now, you have to upload photos and videos manually and one by one from your Nexus 4 if you don't want to be stuck waiting for the upload. I haven't tested how it works when downloading files from the cloud to the phone so, I'll post my comments later.
Are you having this issues with the Box cloud storage?

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how long the 50GB storage can last. One year, two year, or forever:)?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

I got this thru my iPod touch over a year ago when they were having a similar promotion for iOS devices and I still have 50GB. Too bad I couldn't get another 50 added on to it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

djmobil2

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder too, but How they will cut your storage capacity from 50GB to 5GB if you have a lot more than 5GB used by that time? I hope they don't take the 50GB accounts and throw their data away for dropping them to 5GB. At least they have to inform us before so we can arrange to pay or juat take the data out of the cloud.

djmobil2

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So there are other people experiencing the same issues for the Nexus 4. Of course, there will be other device users with the same situation but my focus is in terms of Nexus 4 users

Last edited:

djmobil2

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Already a thread for this.

Close it up, mods.
Hi,
I can tell you that I checked the Nexus 4 threads before posting mine and didn't found any information regarding the Box storage cloud issues with the Nexus 4. It will be great if you can provide me the link to the threat so I can look what other Nexus 4 users has said about it.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how long the 50GB storage can last. One year, two year, or forever:)?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

I read somewhere on their website I believe that it was good forever. Just that the offer ends sometime in December.

Hi,
I can tell you that I checked the Nexus 4 threads before posting mine and didn't found any information regarding the Box storage cloud issues with the Nexus 4. It will be great if you can provide me the link to the threat so I can look what other Nexus 4 users has said about it.

Here is the original thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/227227-n4-qualifies-50gb-cloud-storage.html

djmobil2

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere on their website I believe that it was good forever. Just that the offer ends sometime in December.

Here is the original thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/227227-n4-qualifies-50gb-cloud-storage.html

Thanks for the link. Although the thread's title is "N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage", when a look is taken inside the replies it can be seen different user complaints from the application that points out what is summarized by my thread. So by this we can conclude that this free cloud storage upgrade is far from the expectations of users. The questions now are: When will Box.net will fix their Android application? Do the iOS version of the Box.net application has the same issues?

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Although the thread's title is "N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage", when a look is taken inside the replies it can be seen different user complaints from the application that points out what is summarized by my thread. So by this we can conclude that this free cloud storage upgrade is far from the expectations of users. The questions now are: When will Box.net will fix their Android application? Do the iOS version of the Box.net application has the same issues?

Additionally, questions here were already answered in the prior thread, which is usually why mods delete repeat threads or merge them.

*cue moderators*

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
And I am........ IN!

Bummer though - it won't allow any large type files, i.e. movies. Seems only good for MP3s and other small sized files. Google play will allow big file sizes.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone want to do me a solid :D
I ordered my Nexus 4 and it'll arrive on January 2nd-5th and this will be after the offer expires :/
Anyone want to sign in on my account and activate it so when I do get my Nexus 4 I can use this service?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36