Groove IP on sale!

winenerd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how long this sale is, but GrooveIP is 50% off in the Play Store right now. I know I lot of N4 owners are going to be using it, so I thought I'd toss it in here. I was thinking about waiting til I had my N4 in hand, but figured I'd just grab it now while it's half off.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Talkatone - an ad supported Google Voice app, and I wanted to try out Groove IP the other day. So I bought the pro version, but my experience was pretty bad with it. I tried making and receiving calls on it, and while whatever I say on Groove IP is heard on the other end almost instantly, whatever is said on the other end takes a couple of seconds before I hear it, which is terrible for carrying on a conversation. The situation is marginally better over wifi than over mobile data connections, but not by much. Thankfully, I got to do all these tests within 15 minutes of my purchase, and I hit the refund button to get my money back.

What's everyone else's experience with the connection?

winenerd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just had a decent conversation over wifi with it, but I'm only going to be using it on wifi so I'm able to make calls at work where I don't have reception. I'll test it out with the mobile network right now though. Wifi and mobile for me had about the same delay, under 0.5 seconds. But I get about 30mbps down on TMobile where I am.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up.. been meaning to grab this. Just tested it out over wifi and it worked perfectly, which is all I plan on using it for anyways. Definitely a must-have since I'm going with the tmobile $30 prepaid plan and only 100 minutes to spare, lol :)

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how long this sale is, but GrooveIP is 50% off in the Play Store right now. I know I lot of N4 owners are going to be using it, so I thought I'd toss it in here. I was thinking about waiting til I had my N4 in hand, but figured I'd just grab it now while it's half off.

Thanks, I just purchased it too

EnderTheThird

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I purchased it. Quality over WiFi at home sounded a lot better than Verizon's typical call quality. Would switch to using this and port my primary number to GV but MMS still ends up in No Man's Land with GV.

In the meantime, this will be awesome when I have no signal inside the hospital and I need to make a call!

cynicist

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip man. I have no idea when I will have the N4 in my hands but I'm definitely going to give GrooveIP a shot when I do.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

It was supposed to be a cyber Monday sale but we decided to start it early. It will go back to the regular price after cyber Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair