Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By winenerd
  • 1 Post By 2defmouze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Groove IP on sale!

I don't know how long this sale is, but GrooveIP is 50% off in the Play Store right now. I know I lot of N4 owners are going to be using it, so I thought I'd toss it in here. I was thinking about waiting til I had my N4 in hand, but figured I'd just grab it now while it's half off.
    Thanked by 3:
    Mac58 likes this.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

Default Re: Groove IP on sale!

I use Talkatone - an ad supported Google Voice app, and I wanted to try out Groove IP the other day. So I bought the pro version, but my experience was pretty bad with it. I tried making and receiving calls on it, and while whatever I say on Groove IP is heard on the other end almost instantly, whatever is said on the other end takes a couple of seconds before I hear it, which is terrible for carrying on a conversation. The situation is marginally better over wifi than over mobile data connections, but not by much. Thankfully, I got to do all these tests within 15 minutes of my purchase, and I hit the refund button to get my money back.

What's everyone else's experience with the connection?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just had a decent conversation over wifi with it, but I'm only going to be using it on wifi so I'm able to make calls at work where I don't have reception. I'll test it out with the mobile network right now though. Wifi and mobile for me had about the same delay, under 0.5 seconds. But I get about 30mbps down on TMobile where I am.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Thanks for the heads up.. been meaning to grab this. Just tested it out over wifi and it worked perfectly, which is all I plan on using it for anyways. Definitely a must-have since I'm going with the tmobile $30 prepaid plan and only 100 minutes to spare, lol
    Mac58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by winenerd View Post
    I don't know how long this sale is, but GrooveIP is 50% off in the Play Store right now. I know I lot of N4 owners are going to be using it, so I thought I'd toss it in here. I was thinking about waiting til I had my N4 in hand, but figured I'd just grab it now while it's half off.
    Thanks, I just purchased it too

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased it. Quality over WiFi at home sounded a lot better than Verizon's typical call quality. Would switch to using this and port my primary number to GV but MMS still ends up in No Man's Land with GV.

In the meantime, this will be awesome when I have no signal inside the hospital and I need to make a call!

Thanks for the tip man. I have no idea when I will have the N4 in my hands but I'm definitely going to give GrooveIP a shot when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by winenerd View Post
    It was supposed to be a cyber Monday sale but we decided to start it early. It will go back to the regular price after cyber Monday.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    It was supposed to be a cyber Monday sale but we decided to start it early. It will go back to the regular price after cyber Monday.
    Just purchased!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the sale. Love it so far!