pricing precedent

kobradroid

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I know that there won't be any concrete answers on this question, but with the last few waves of nexus releases do you think Google is setting a precedent for pricing of unlocked cell phones? Apple and other manufacturers will certainly fight to maintain their margins(doesn't hurt to hope :) ), but do you think it's a reasonable assumption that I will be able to find a new high end nexus in the $300 price range each year from here on out?

Prepaid plans are great fit the individual, but they often aren't as enticing for families. TMO value plans can be fantastic when paying for 3-5 lines. In theory I'm able to lock in a great price for as long as I'm willing top pay for unsubsidized phones. Eventually lte will be more widespread and we will definitely want a phone that officially supports it (and whatever technological improvements come over the next couple of years), but if $600 phones rule then what is a simple decision today becomes much more complicated.

Sorry I know this is a pretty pointless post, but it's crossed my mind several times since the N4 was announced. What do you think, $300 price point here to stay?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
yes i believe so. they started it with GNexus for 350. even before Nexus 4 was released i had a feeling that hey will release the phone for $350.

but i never even thought that they will release it for 300. thats a good sign. it will go down to 300 for 16 Gb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv