Can we all just chill out a bit...

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Mods please feel free to delete this topic but I just wanted to say, folks, it's only a phone. Thats all, our lives won't crumble as a result of having to wait a bit longer.

Yes Google "got it wrong".
Yes I am one of the backordered people so yes I am annoyed but what can I do?

Companies historically get caught with their pants down when new stuff launches, it's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.

All the speculation about when we will get them, when they will restock blah blah is getting old now. We'll get them when we get them, simple as.

And no I do not work for Google lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

undertothenight

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Its simple supply and demand. I just think they didn't count on that big of a demand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I WANT IT
veruca-salt-now.jpg

a61737025

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mods please feel free to delete this topic but I just wanted to say, folks, it's only a phone. Thats all, our lives won't crumble as a result of having to wait a bit longer.

Yes Google "got it wrong".
Yes I am one of the backordered people so yes I am annoyed but what can I do?

Companies historically get caught with their pants down when new stuff launches, it's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.

All the speculation about when we will get them, when they will restock blah blah is getting old now. We'll get them when we get them, simple as.

And no I do not work for Google lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wait till u be the last one to get delivered, wondering whether u would still say so..

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
wait till u be the last one to get delivered, wondering whether u would still say so..

I wouldn't be happy, but what's the point in getting stressed out? I'm past the initial "WTF" point so it'll come when it comes. No use getting worked up about it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
backordered people are pretty much the last people to get the phone from the last order spree.

I am backordered too. so what?? I wait for months for this phone why not a couple of weeks?

its just a phone get over it..

a61737025

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
backordered people are pretty much the last people to get the phone from the last order spree.

I am backordered too. so what?? I wait for months for this phone why not a couple of weeks?

its just a phone get over it..

if it comes that u have to wait another month, would u be ok?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
if it comes that u have to wait another month, would u be ok?
I would still be OK but with one exception. the person who ordered first has to get the device first.

thats when it make sense to get pissed. if people who ordered on second batch gets the phones before the first batch then its not acceptable.
it happened with nexus 7. I would understand if they were pissed.

right now, it doesn't seem like its happening. google said the backordered units will be shipped with in 3 weeks and it almost 2 weeks.

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would be a lot more okay with waiting if there wasn't so much uncertainty. Google could at least enlighten us about a general time to expect more devices.

life4eva

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Only reason I want the phone now is so I can buy it and forget about it. I was going to buy the S3 Galaxy and didn't for this phone. Google to my understanding is a billion dollar company, with that kind of money they should be able to get these phones up and out the door earlier rather than later. Only thing I can possibly think is there are problems, hopefully we can get them real soon.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
They are not making the phone. LG is. They have an order for xxx amount of phones with another order for xxx amount and so on. The assembly line can only pump out so many variations of the Optimus G at a time

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious about those of you that are back-ordered... would you have preferred Google put up the "sold out" notice immediately instead of taking your order?
Nope. I am glad i am back ordered. My shipping cost is waived off. so i save $14 since i am back ordered i would be the first to get the phone before the next sale goes live.
who know it might sell out too and end up waiting few more weeks. now i am guaranteed a phone with some $ benefits.

Last edited:

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah some of these threads makes me think ya'll are a bunch of tech junkies. Especially the people raging and making online petitions against Google, then going and letting TMobile rip them off by $150 and coming and posting comparisons between their new phone and the One X+ or iPhone 5 they previously had (relatively brand new phones). What a consumer culture.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah some of these threads makes me think ya'll are a bunch of tech junkies. Especially the people raging and making online petitions against Google, then going and letting TMobile rip them off by $150 and coming and posting comparisons between their new phone and the One X+ or iPhone 5 they previously had (relatively brand new phones). What a consumer culture.

What an elaborate way say to impatience, pompous and materialic people but I agree completely by the way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
What an elaborate way say impatience, pompous and materialic people but I agree completely by the way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Don't get me wrong I'm as excited to get a Nexus 4 as the next guy, but everybody needs to loosen up. There's a lot of tension in here, and at the end of the day it's just a phone. In a month your excitement will wear off, and your new toy will be just the phone you have in your pocket, nothing more nothing less.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I agree everyone needs to chill. They'll be in stock when they are in stock. Once everyone has that nexus in their hands they won't care much about the time it took to get it so no sense getting all worked up about it now.

The nexus 7 sold out fast too, but after it was back in stock it stayed in stock so hopefully the 4 will follow suit

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not like anyone here is going to return or cancel their orders because of this. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca