Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can we all just chill out a bit...

Mods please feel free to delete this topic but I just wanted to say, folks, it's only a phone. Thats all, our lives won't crumble as a result of having to wait a bit longer.

Yes Google "got it wrong".
    Yes I am one of the backordered people so yes I am annoyed but what can I do?

Companies historically get caught with their pants down when new stuff launches, it's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.

All the speculation about when we will get them, when they will restock blah blah is getting old now. We'll get them when we get them, simple as.

And no I do not work for Google lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Can we all just chill out a bit...

Couldn't agree more. Its simple supply and demand. I just think they didn't count on that big of a demand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Thank u!!

Nexus 4, you jelly bro?

I WANT IT

Quote Originally Posted by peejay1977 View Post
    Mods please feel free to delete this topic but I just wanted to say, folks, it's only a phone. Thats all, our lives won't crumble as a result of having to wait a bit longer.

Yes Google "got it wrong".
    Yes I am one of the backordered people so yes I am annoyed but what can I do?

Companies historically get caught with their pants down when new stuff launches, it's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.

All the speculation about when we will get them, when they will restock blah blah is getting old now. We'll get them when we get them, simple as.

And no I do not work for Google lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    wait till u be the last one to get delivered, wondering whether u would still say so..
    What a google!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Can we all just chill out a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by a61737025 View Post
    wait till u be the last one to get delivered, wondering whether u would still say so..
    I wouldn't be happy, but what's the point in getting stressed out? I'm past the initial "WTF" point so it'll come when it comes. No use getting worked up about it.

backordered people are pretty much the last people to get the phone from the last order spree.

I am backordered too. so what?? I wait for months for this phone why not a couple of weeks?

its just a phone get over it..

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    backordered people are pretty much the last people to get the phone from the last order spree.

I am backordered too. so what?? I wait for months for this phone why not a couple of weeks?

its just a phone get over it..
    if it comes that u have to wait another month, would u be ok?
    What a google!

if it comes that u have to wait another month, would u be ok?
    I would still be OK but with one exception. the person who ordered first has to get the device first.

thats when it make sense to get pissed. if people who ordered on second batch gets the phones before the first batch then its not acceptable.
    it happened with nexus 7. I would understand if they were pissed.

right now, it doesn't seem like its happening. google said the backordered units will be shipped with in 3 weeks and it almost 2 weeks.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I would be a lot more okay with waiting if there wasn't so much uncertainty. Google could at least enlighten us about a general time to expect more devices.

Deleted, didn't know how to. Please remove if you would like
    Last edited by eric0668; 11-25-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Only reason I want the phone now is so I can buy it and forget about it. I was going to buy the S3 Galaxy and didn't for this phone. Google to my understanding is a billion dollar company, with that kind of money they should be able to get these phones up and out the door earlier rather than later. Only thing I can possibly think is there are problems, hopefully we can get them real soon.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

They are not making the phone. LG is. They have an order for xxx amount of phones with another order for xxx amount and so on. The assembly line can only pump out so many variations of the Optimus G at a time

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    Just curious about those of you that are back-ordered... would you have preferred Google put up the "sold out" notice immediately instead of taking your order?
    Nope. I am glad i am back ordered. My shipping cost is waived off. so i save $14 since i am back ordered i would be the first to get the phone before the next sale goes live.
    who know it might sell out too and end up waiting few more weeks. now i am guaranteed a phone with some $ benefits.
    Last edited by still1; 11-25-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    a61737025 likes this.

Yeah some of these threads makes me think ya'll are a bunch of tech junkies. Especially the people raging and making online petitions against Google, then going and letting TMobile rip them off by $150 and coming and posting comparisons between their new phone and the One X+ or iPhone 5 they previously had (relatively brand new phones). What a consumer culture.
    bunique4life05 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Yeah some of these threads makes me think ya'll are a bunch of tech junkies. Especially the people raging and making online petitions against Google, then going and letting TMobile rip them off by $150 and coming and posting comparisons between their new phone and the One X+ or iPhone 5 they previously had (relatively brand new phones). What a consumer culture.
    What an elaborate way say to impatience, pompous and materialic people but I agree completely by the way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    FYourProblems likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    What an elaborate way say impatience, pompous and materialic people but I agree completely by the way.

I sum it up simpler than you both, I call them iNexus users

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    What an elaborate way say impatience, pompous and materialic people but I agree completely by the way.

Don't get me wrong I'm as excited to get a Nexus 4 as the next guy, but everybody needs to loosen up. There's a lot of tension in here, and at the end of the day it's just a phone. In a month your excitement will wear off, and your new toy will be just the phone you have in your pocket, nothing more nothing less.
    Thanked by 3:
    a61737025 likes this.

Yeah I agree everyone needs to chill. They'll be in stock when they are in stock. Once everyone has that nexus in their hands they won't care much about the time it took to get it so no sense getting all worked up about it now.

The nexus 7 sold out fast too, but after it was back in stock it stayed in stock so hopefully the 4 will follow suit

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    MERCDROIDRy 
    FYourProblems likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

It's not like anyone here is going to return or cancel their orders because of this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Nexus 4 forums seem to be pretty dull since so many people want to be bitter about something they can not control and that a petition can not fix.

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Thanked by:

Online petitioning is worthless anyway. I can't recall one time where one actually made a difference, and I'm done signing them because every time I do I get a email folder full of bs from the petition site.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Starting these threads every time the one before it dies, is asking for the complaints. Stop pretending like it bugs you while you sit there egging it on.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    The nexus 7 sold out fast too, but after it was back in stock it stayed in stock so hopefully the 4 will follow suit
    ..And that's all the answer I really need, and have been looking for a while
    My concern was not for not having the phone in my hands RIGHT NOW-- but if it will STAY IN STOCK when it does finally return to the market.

Deleted Didn't know how
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast