Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Photo Message Problem

I received my nexus 4 right before turkey day and brought it into a local AT&T store to ensure that it was set up correctly. My data works fine, I have been able to use every aspect of the phone without an issue, but I am not receiving picture messages.

I am not even receiving a message stating that there was a download error, simply nothing. Is there anything that I can do?

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Photo Message Problem

Do you have their messaging plan as well?

I believe you need the messaging plan to get the mms. Otherwise, you will only get the pay per text option. I could be wrong.

Other than that, it could just be a APN setting that gets overlooked sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would open up the APN and make sure the MMS proxy and MMS port are right. I don't know off hand what they are supposed to be for you, as I am on Strait Talk, but I am sure someone here knows...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    "In valor, there is hope."
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    Do you have their messaging plan as well?

Other than that, it could just be a APN setting that gets overlooked sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    I have unlimited messaging/calls with 10gb between 3 family members. I was sending/receiving picture messages with a HTC Inspire days before switching over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    I would open up the APN and make sure the MMS proxy and MMS port are right. I don't know off hand what they are supposed to be for you, as I am on Strait Talk, but I am sure someone here knows...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    THIS

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T Photo Message Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1353901835181.jpg   AT&T Photo Message Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1353901844816.jpg   AT&T Photo Message Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1353901854287.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by noname3151 View Post
    Hope this helps.
    I have adjusted my setting identically and unfortunately no luck. i sent out a group message as well and a photo message to one recipient and both messages are still stuck in "Sending..." land

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbmeicher View Post
    I have adjusted my setting identically and unfortunately no luck. i sent out a group message as well and a photo message to one recipient and both messages are still stuck in "Sending..." land
    Did you reboot after changing the settings?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Did you reboot after changing the settings?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    yes. i powered down the device then powered up. do i need to remove the sim to fully reset?

Are you still having problems?

I'll be using the N4 on At&t (on contract).

Quote Originally Posted by jbmeicher View Post
    I'm having the same exact problem with the same APN settings. Photo messages get "stuck" in sending intermittently. I've found that if I try and send a picture again at a later time, sometimes only minutes later, the new picture will go through and and the old will then send as well. Sometimes photos can get "stacked" up and when I finally get one to go through, all the unsent photos will go all at once. I've called ATT and they are supposed to get back to me. I wonder if it's a Nexus problem though and not an ATT problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Holst View Post
    I'm having the same exact problem with the same APN settings. Photo messages get "stuck" in sending intermittently. I've found that if I try and send a picture again at a later time, sometimes only minutes later, the new picture will go through and and the old will then send as well. Sometimes photos can get "stacked" up and when I finally get one to go through, all the unsent photos will go all at once. I've called ATT and they are supposed to get back to me. I wonder if it's a Nexus problem though and not an ATT problem.
    I get this too once in awhile. Report back if you figure it out. :-)

I haven't been contacted as of today...