Getting really hot?

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that the back gets really damn hot even just through normal use sometimes? Maybe the glass back makes it seem worse but it just seems to me that it's way too hot.

Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine will get warm if using a lot, hasn't gotten nearly as hot as the gnex would under similar conditions, nothing crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Is as if none of you have ever used a modern smart phone lol. Sure it's hot, and the glass makes it more apparent but its totally normal.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually my GS3 and iphone4s almost never get hot (4S gets just a bit warm when i play games) And when i had two Galaxy nexuses which happend to be defective they both were getting extremely hot at the top earpice part just from browsing the internet, maybe that's because both of them were defective idk... I ended up sending them back for refund. Oh and i didn't think that was normal...

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well put it this way. I have zero games installed on it. We're talking web browsing, music streaming, odd YouTube video.

Its just been sat on charge doing nothing and I've picked it up and its roasting. Never had anything like this with any phone I've owned. And I've owned a lot of phones

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Try getting one of those apps that let you see running apps/processes and how much CPU the're using. Might have some app running that's mistakenly gone "rogue" and is stuck in some infinite loop chewing up CPU time. I have Dolphin browser do that occasionally on my tablet.... sometimesI notice my tablet getting a little warm and when I go and look at what apps are using CPU, I almost always find out the CPU is pegged and Dolphin browser is using 99% of it for some odd reason. I kill / restart the browser and all is well again.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If you're charging and using it at the same time it will get warm... if you are using it outside in the sun it will get warm..... if you are playing games it will get warm. If you are doing a lot of data connectivity it may get warm, depending on your room temp I'd imagine.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I know what people are talking about. My iPhone never got as hot as this phone did while I was playing a game. I understand that the game was using a lot of processor power so it gets hot, but it was a bit unnerving. It got very warm, not so warm as to feel "hot" but it definitely had me worried thinking I would damage the phone if I kept playing the game.

BobbyJ206

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine gets hot but I've read elsewhere that it's def a result of the quad core processor. Just think how hot your PC would get if it didn't have a fan.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I notice mine gets hot as well but no hotter than any other mobile device I have owned. It may seem hotter because of the glass back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde