MMS now working on Solavei.

rjj1976

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have tried changing my APN settings but have not been able to send a MMS. If you have it working could you post your settings. Thanks

Last edited:

rjj1976

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does anyone have MMS working on Solavei.

I have tried changing my APN settings but have not been able to send a MMS. If you have it working could you post your settings. Thanks

I finally got MMS working on the Nexus 4 on the Solevei unlimited plan. The attachment are the settings to make it work.

I have only been using it for a week now in Las Vegas and so far I am pleased.

Attachments

• Solaveo MMS settings.jpg
    Solaveo MMS settings.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 336
Last edited by a moderator:

runfast1986

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I finally got MMS working on the Nexus 4 on the Solevei unlimited plan. The attachment are the settings to make it work.

I have only been using it for a week now in Las Vegas and so far I am pleased.

Are these settings still working for everyone? I have a Nexus 4 and a Solavei setup kit on the way.

yankele

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for that fix, I'll be getting mine this Monday probably and would be using Solavei.

ryanf

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got everything setup and running yesterday but forgot to test MMS. Just tried several MMS sends and its not working. I double checked my settings with those shown above and everything is correct. Rebooted, tried again. Nothing. Any suggestions?

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I got everything setup and running yesterday but forgot to test MMS. Just tried several MMS sends and its not working. I double checked my settings with those shown above and everything is correct. Rebooted, tried again. Nothing. Any suggestions?

Did you delete the APN that was on the card to start with? Mine didn't work until that APN was deleted and the phone rebooted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ryanf

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Did you delete the APN that was on the card to start with? Mine didn't work until that APN was deleted and the phone rebooted.

Mine had a T-Mo APN listed and I deleted that. I now have just the Solavei WEB and Solavei MMS APNs.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
With handcent also from the main page go 3 dots->more ->undelivered. Delete the ones that didn't send and start over. My experience with handcent has been that if it fails initially it takes a resend.

ryanf

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
With handcent also from the main page go 3 dots->more ->undelivered. Delete the ones that didn't send and start over. My experience with handcent has been that if it fails initially it takes a resend.

Thanks for the tip. Recreated the APN as I mentioned and deleted the undelivered MMS. Retried with no change :(

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Back to recheck basics. You've gone to settings -> more -> Mobile Networks, Data Enabled is checked. Also settings -> data usage, mobile data is on.

I also assume you're letting handcent resize the image... If that all looks good. Using something like ES File Explorer navigate to the handcent folder. There's a .txt file - make sure the MMS settings appear there correctly.

I would then uninstall handcent and try the stock messenger as a test.

ryanf

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
All the settings are correct.

I looked for the text file but couldn't find it so I uninstalled Handcent and tried the native app. It worked. Reinstalled handcent and tried again - no go. Removed Handcent again and tested with native app - worked. So its a Handcent problem. I'll reinstall and clear app data and try again.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad it's working for you - sort of... What version of handcent are you using? I'm using 4.6.3. Occasionally, a picture hangs. But it usually works fine.

ryanf

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the latest - 4.6.3. :/ I've used it for years and never had a problem but just setup my N4 yesterday.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the one default I've changed is 3 dots->settings ->application settings -> default messaging application. I selected "All"

There are a lot of complaints about this version of handcent. I don't know what else to try.

ryanf

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the one default I've changed is 3 dots->settings ->application settings -> default messaging application. I selected "All"

Yeah, I tried that too :( Thanks for all the suggestions though. I guess I'll try a different one for a while, maybe check back after the next update :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech