Have you cracked your Nexus 4 yet?

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Had a piece of 1" steel pipe fall on my leg today while my N4 was in my pocket. . . GAYYYYYYYYYYYY

IMG_20130204_185319_zpsd45d006e.jpg

nigeljennings

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Gonna have to stop checking notification at middle of the night. I had a dream that I dropped my N4 and it shattered both sides :-(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

royalpig180

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus survived a tumble from about 5 feet onto a concrete floor. I can't find any mark on it aside from a tiny scratch on the faux-metallic trim just above the front camera.

Guess I got REALLY lucky...

Elysion76

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Received my Nexus 4 this week and put it in a White Rearth Ringke Slim case that I ordered from Amazon a while back. I also bought a Skinomi Tech Skin for the device which is pretty much invisible once applied.

Total was about $20 and this is the end result:
SnTbvA7.jpg

The Nexus 4 is a pretty slippery device, and can slide on a flat surface even if you don't touch it for a while. Glass is notorious for breaking. The case feels nice and solid. It seems like this particular case is popular, and I was wondering if any of you here also have a Rearth case / what your experience is with them / how durable are they, etc.

Andrw

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Have not cracked my nexus since. *knock on wood*

I like your wall. Do you mind sharing?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ladeef

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Just dropped mine off a 5ft high treadmill while jogging. I have the bumper and a skinomi and there's not a scratch on it. :D

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My N4 fell while I was getting into a friends car, so it was a foot from the asphalt when it slipped. Fortunately no cracks *knocks on wood* but the bumper (original) has a bit of a scratch on it, which I can certainly live with.

siegbert

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Just got my new nexus 4 the first day (my girlfriend drove approx 300 km to buy it in germany since it's not available in belgium) and the back is already cracked.
There is one big crack all over the back, from the left to the right. And no, I didn't drop it :(

I think it happened when it was in my pocket. Probably to much pressure or something like that?
Not really happy with it, always had iphone before this and never used a case since I'm very carefully with it, never had any cracks only few scratches and now already cracked after one day :'(

I'll ask the vendor if its guarantee, but I doubt it

Attachments

• IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 67

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Just got my new nexus 4 the first day (my girlfriend drove approx 300 km to buy it in germany since it's not available in belgium) and the back is already cracked.
There is one big crack all over the back, from the left to the right. And no, I didn't drop it :(

I think it happened when it was in my pocket. Probably to much pressure or something like that?
Not really happy with it, always had iphone before this and never used a case since I'm very carefully with it, never had any cracks only few scratches and now already cracked after one day :'(

I'll ask the vendor if its guarantee, but I doubt it

Ouch man.. That's gotta hurt.. I too travel with it in my pocket. I too never used a case/cover. But this thing is pretty scary. Its like an unknown force comes and breaks the phone. And we are left wondering "What just happened?"
Damn man..scary as hell.

Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.

Inferis

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!
My first post here. I had my Nexus 4 in my pocket. My jeans was laying on floor. When I took my jeans, my Nexus fell out the pocket on the floor and cracked quite well.
I live in Sweden, is there any way to order a new backside? I talked with a company that repair iphones, but they couldnt manage Nexus 4 they told me.

Whats the best way to do? I know the best thing isnt dropping it, but this is the first time for me. I dont want an ugly bumper eigther, I Just want to replace the back side.
Will the glass stay there? I had a lots of small glass pieces in my hand at first.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    901.9 KB · Views: 55

RodLS

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!
My first post here. I had my Nexus 4 in my pocket. My jeans was laying on floor. When I took my jeans, my Nexus fell out the pocket on the floor and cracked quite well.
I live in Sweden, is there any way to order a new backside? I talked with a company that repair iphones, but they couldnt manage Nexus 4 they told me.

Whats the best way to do? I know the best thing isnt dropping it, but this is the first time for me. I dont want an ugly bumper eigther, I Just want to replace the back side.
Will the glass stay there? I had a lots of small glass pieces in my hand at first.

Tampa de Bateria LG Optimus Nexus 4 - LG E960

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance