Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

ROM
    ICS

Default Re: Have you cracked your Nexus 4 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Glass is a premium material and gives the N4 a high quality feel and look. I love it but just have to be carful with it as everyone else should be. The glass build is one of the major reason why I got my Nexus 4. I personally am tired of plastic devices. Being also an iPhone user I appreciate materials like, glass, aluminum and stainless steel.

BTW there's no way I'm gonna but my Nexus 4 in a case because it's just too beautiful.
    yes, and it's slippery too...imo just an accident waiting to happen...and from the sounds of things, it won't take much of an accident to make you cry with dismay over your beloved phone....

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Glass is a premium material and gives the N4 a high quality feel and look. I love it but just have to be carful with it as everyone else should be. The glass build is one of the major reason why I got my Nexus 4. I personally am tired of plastic devices. Being also an iPhone user I appreciate materials like, glass, aluminum and stainless steel.

BTW there's no way I'm gonna but my Nexus 4 in a case because it's just too beautiful.
    Well I'm smart enough to case it up because it's going to be ugly when it breaks.

Eventually it will slip and break

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Well I'm smart enough to case it up because it's going to be ugly when it breaks.

Eventually it will slip and break

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Yeah at some point you have to forget about looks when the only thing youre gonna be looking at is cracked glass when it finally accidentally slips from your hand lol. It's pretty inevitable with glass objects.

Unfortunately there really are no sturdy cases yet available.

Quote Originally Posted by D3lit3 View Post
    Yeah at some point you have to forget about looks when the only thing youre gonna be looking at is cracked glass when it finally accidentally slips from your hand lol. It's pretty inevitable with glass objects.

Unfortunately there really are no sturdy cases yet available.
    EBay.

I learned my lesson about cases.

The one i had my gs3 in literally fell apart and as I'm walking onto the train, someone ran into me hard and it fell.

Now i have a broken screen that costs more for the part than an insurance replacement

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Hustle man the same thing happened to me at the gym. I had bought a case from eBay and everytime it would slip out of my pocket the phone would land on its back on the ground and the case would pop right off from any height. I didn't break my screen though thankfully.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    4,260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phstrat View Post
    yes, and it's slippery too...imo just an accident waiting to happen...and from the sounds of things, it won't take much of an accident to make you cry with dismay over your beloved phone....
    I have an iPhone 4 which I don't use anymore but used it a good part of a year and a half and it was just as slippery but never dropped it.The key here is being careful, I know accidents happen but as for me I'm super duper careful (famous last words)

Quote Originally Posted by watstheword87 View Post
    I underestimated how fragile and slippery the phone actually is, I had no cover no screen protector nothing, it slipped from about 2 feet above and slid on floor
    You didn't underestimate. You just were careless and thought you wouldn't damage it. You don't take those chances. This isn't a Nextel Iden rugged device. Defacto would be screen protector and a TPU or bumper. Idk who to tell you to contact but grab a Xtreme Guard screen protector and it'll heal the scratches. Seriously. There's a sale and they're 5 dollars worth no shipping, full body.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Freshly_Snipes; 12-01-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomba View Post
    I got mine delivered few days ago. Left it on my glass TV stand (approximately ~1.5ft high) and it slid from it and screen cracked & touch sensor is dead. Sending it to LG today to fix it, though I don't know how much it will cost.

let us know how much they charge you, thanks

To anyone still doubting whether the back is plastic or glass...

Zudeo and watstheword87 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomba View Post
    I got mine delivered few days ago. Left it on my glass TV stand (approximately ~1.5ft high) and it slid from it and screen cracked & touch sensor is dead. Sending it to LG today to fix it, though I don't know how much it will cost.

It didn't slide. It's a flat phone. Be serious. I've sat this phone on many surface types and it's never just slid by itself. Unless you have ghosts. In that case I apologize.

bobjohnson201 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

He didn't say the tv stand was perfectly flat

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    He didn't say the tv stand was perfectly flat

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    I've never seen a slanted tv stand either. Lol

Ticojpunk likes this.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Freshly_Snipes View Post
    I've never seen a slanted tv stand either. Lol

Then you've never put together one of those cheap ones from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm9007 View Post
    I want an Otterbox.
    I read that Otterbox has no plans to make a case for the Nexus 4.
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

Quote Originally Posted by Freshly_Snipes View Post
    It didn't slide. It's a flat phone. Be serious. I've sat this phone on many surface types and it's never just slid by itself. Unless you have ghosts. In that case I apologize.

Without the case, my N4 slides down desks at school. They only have like a 7-10 degree angle too

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzaa View Post
    They will...
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by watstheword87 View Post
    I underestimated how fragile and slippery the phone actually is, I had no cover no screen protector nothing, it slipped from about 2 feet above and slid on floor
    It's unfortunate. Sorry.

I always felt the bumpers with a screen protector on the back would be a good option. I couldn't put it in an Otterbox.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzaa View Post
    They would be crazy not to. This is a gold mine for them.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

saeufer, I hope you do not mind me using the picture of your phone for a petition to otterbox. The petition can be seen here.

My girlfriend dropped my phone on a chattahoochee walkway. The phone landed on the top corner, shattering the screen near the point of impact and created cracks across the rest of the screen. The screen still comes on, but is no longer touch sensitive. I contacted LG and they said the repair will cost between $40 and $100 dollars (they are going to call me once the phone arrives). I sent it off to them today. I'll let you know how the process goes. I only had the phone for two days. Moral of the story: don't let your gf use your phone unless she is standing on grass or you have a case/bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Simon View Post
    My girlfriend dropped my phone on a chattahoochee walkway. The phone landed on the top corner, shattering the screen near the point of impact and created cracks across the rest of the screen. The screen still comes on, but is no longer touch sensitive. I contacted LG and they said the repair will cost between $40 and $100 dollars (they are going to call me once the phone arrives). I sent it off to them today. I'll let you know how the process goes. I only had the phone for two days. Moral of the story: don't let your gf use your phone unless she is standing on grass or you have a case/bumper
    I hope you have her paying for it.

Thanked by:

Scaring the crap out of me! Just placed my nexus 4 order a few days ago. Just ordered an iBlason S case. Wish to heck Otterbox had a case. I've owned and dropped three different models of Blackberry phones and they had zero to minuscule dings,, all with out a case, veritable blocks of steel, now I'm buying a China Shop!!! LOL!!

I really like the idea of the bumper because it reminds me of the Ballistic case on my Blackberry Playbook, the rubber corners can take a heck of a drop and just bounce. But you not gonna get a bumpered NX4 into a case, plus I doubt it will slide easily, in and out of pants pocket, your stuck holding it.
    The Practical BBQ'r !

Quote Originally Posted by phstrat View Post
    IMHO<< At a minimum, those who choose not to have a phone case should at least cover the front and the back glass with the plastic screen protectors, it will make the back much less slippery and not interfere too much with the aesthetics. Also, doesn"t Gorilla glass have a warranty??? Sounds more like chimp than Gorilla to me! LOL
    The Practical BBQ'r !
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

You know I just had a thought while I was leaving a post on the front page.

THIS IS THE MOST BRILLIANT MARKETING SCHEME EVER!

Hear me out. One of the strengths of Android has always been the ability to customize the phone the way you want. We all do not have to have the same look and feel like iOS. Google has taken it one step further on their flagship Nexus phone. Now you can customize the OUTSIDE as well. By adding a easily broken glass back, you can crack it to your will and truly make your phone, your phone. BRILLIANT!

THIS IS PURE ANDROID at it's heart. We should all have one instead of Samsung flavored Android Phones, or HTC or Moto (Look for them to come out with something close since they get as close as they can to pure Google so I am told...repeatedly)

Not trying to troll here...maybe succeeding though.

/sarcasm
    eeleechan and AppsLasVegas like this.

The thing that kills me is all this talk about glass being a mistake. There IS NO mistake. The mistake is dropping or mishandling the device. You drop something, it breaks. That's called gravity. It seems to me more people are worried about shattered glass than the phone itself. If I were ever to drop my Nexus, the first thing going through my head would be "please don't be broken," and that would be directly related to my phone, not the glass. Do you think dropping a SIII onto a hard floor will have no ill effects? Do iPhones come with some new age anti-break coating? You paid hundreds of dollars for the thing. Pay attention to how you handle it and where you place it. It can't take care of itself.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast