Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Have you cracked your Nexus 4 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    I'll lighten the mood ..... My phone is wrapped in a cheap tpu case from amazon. It sustained a drop from approximately 5' onto tile floor....... NOT a mark on it!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    You sir are a genius.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Freshly_Snipes View Post
    These "types of people" blame Google because they are not capable of holding a phone. Lol Im done arguing. It's takes 2 fools to argue.

If you drive your rims into the curb they scratch right? Does the blame go to the rim maker or chrome maker? Nope...

If you drop your WiiU or PSP and the plastic cracks or screen shatters, do u blame Sony or Nintendo? Nope.

So why blame Google for your physical mishandling? You have options to protect this device. It's not a BlackBerry or DINC. Stop comparing it. That's like me comparing my last 4 GF's simply because they all have s. It sounds stupid.

You broke it, your fault. Go night night!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Oh mommy I dropped my glasses and they broke! Wahhhhhhh. Lol.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

I guess I'm the luckiest person in the world. I've dropped my iPhone 4 case less about 5 times, including one from about 3 rungs up a ladder onto a concrete storeroom floor and it is flawless. No screen protector, no case. My SGS3 has fallen 3 times, from waist level onto very low pile carpet at work, from a table to a wood floor, and a good 4 feet across the mall onto the mall tile. No case, no screen protector, not broken, cracked or nicked.

According to some here, I should buy a lottery ticket. *shrugs*

If I drop it and it breaks, that's on me. I won't complain to Samsung about it, I'll put my simcard into my iPhone or my new Palm Pixi Plus (that I got to mess around with because I miss webos) and go on with my life.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I guess I'm the luckiest person in the world. I've dropped my iPhone 4 case less about 5 times, including one from about 3 rungs up a ladder onto a concrete storeroom floor and it is flawless. No screen protector, no case. My SGS3 has fallen 3 times, from waist level onto very low pile carpet at work, from a table to a wood floor, and a good 4 feet across the mall onto the mall tile. No case, no screen protector, not broken, cracked or nicked.

According to some here, I should buy a lottery ticket. *shrugs*

If I drop it and it breaks, that's on me. I won't complain to Samsung about it, I'll put my simcard into my iPhone or my new Palm Pixi Plus (that I got to mess around with because I miss webos) and go on with my life.

Yeah, we don't all have two or three brand new phones just sitting around unused, the rest of us have to take care of the one we have.

Yawn

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freshly_Snipes View Post
    These "types of people" blame Google because they are not capable of holding a phone.
    what about those of us that just put the phones on our desks and it slowly slides off on its own?
    who's to blame there?
    I have done nothing wrong but put the phone on a flat surface

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Yeah, we don't all have two or three brand new phones just sitting around unused, the rest of us have to take care of the one we have.

Brand new? My iPhone 4 is my year and a half old one that I kept when I did my hardware upgrade. I would expect most keep their hardware upgraded older phone around, in case of an emergency. I have kept my previous phone ever since I had my Vibrant sent away for 12 weeks of repair for a manufacturers recall and had no phone until I bought one.

The Pixi was a gift from a customer who I installed dual boot cyanogenmod onto 2 HP touch pads for. I didn't buy it. It was payment.

No need to be petulant or make it sound like I'm rolling around in phones or cash. Get real. Be prepared. If you get a new phone keep the old one. Just in case. And if you had to sell the old phone to afford the new one then perhaps financially speaking you shouldn't be getting the latest and greatest every few months.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    You sir are a genius.

Why thank you Brad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

One of my employees has an ip5 and it is all scratched too. Never been dropped. The edges are all scratched. It has its problems. We get a case or we are going to be at risk.

yes true, but i mean maybe he just doesn't take good care of it (even if he hasnt dropped it yet)?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mmace View Post
    what about those of us that just put the phones on our desks and it slowly slides off on its own?
    who's to blame there?
    I have done nothing wrong but put the phone on a flat surface
    You should have a case or at least a screen cover on the back. I know that some people like to go naked but anyone I know that does this has the most beat up trashed phone in 6 months. It's just a reality.

Android Evangelist

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    yes true, but i mean maybe he just doesn't take good care of it (even if he hasnt dropped it yet)?
    No, he takes great care of it. He picks it up and puts it down just like a phone. He has never dropped it and hasn't abused it. But the edges show slight wear and tear.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Lmfao I am definatly a butter finger so much so I have destroyed 3 boxes in less than 4 months

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by cyanogen-man; 12-05-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No, he takes great care of it. He picks it up and puts it down just like a phone. He has never dropped it and hasn't abused it. But the edges show slight wear and tear.

ok well my macbook pro is made of aluminum and i take it everywhere and still looks beautiful, not exactly the same i know, but still worth mentioning

ok well my macbook pro is made of aluminum and i take it everywhere and still looks beautiful, not exactly the same i know, but still worth mentioning
    Not even remotely the same. Alluminum isn't all equal. iPhone 5's are actually notorious for having a bezel that's made of really soft alluminum that gets nicked easily
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Not even remotely the same. Alluminum isn't all equal. iPhone 5's are actually notorious for having a bezel that's made of really soft alluminum that gets nicked easily
    well than that bezel is a bad design choice. thanks for informing though, since i've never heard of it
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

well than that bezel is a bad design choice. thanks for informing though, since i've never heard of it
    Part of it is more how small the phone or compared to the size of your laptop. A tiny scratch may not be detectable on your laptop but on a small phone you see them on the edges. Not a huge deal just not something you want to see every day.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Part of it is more how small the phone or compared to the size of your laptop. A tiny scratch may not be detectable on your laptop but on a small phone you see them on the edges. Not a huge deal just not something you want to see every day.

im looking pretty thoroughly at my MBP and see nothing but sexy aluminum. as the other guy mentioned, the problem was with the bezel for the ip5 so its not the same as MBP
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

im looking pretty thoroughly at my MBP and see nothing but sexy aluminum. as the other guy mentioned, the problem was with the bezel for the ip5 so its not the same as MBP
    I bet if your mbp was black like the iphone you would see a few minor scratches. Maybe not, but that's the case on his phone. Could be softer aluminum etc.

Android Evangelist

I bet if your mbp was black like the iphone you would see a few minor scratches. Maybe not, but that's the case on his phone. Could be softer aluminum etc.

I think he was talking specifically about the silver bezel outlining the edge of the iPhone 5. It's way more shiny than a MBP too. I've had my MBP for a few years now and haven't knicked it once, really a great material choice for a laptop. I do keep it in a case at all times of course though
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Understatement of the year. Remember the aluminum PowerBooks that replaced the titanium ones? Before the current MacBook Pros with the "chiclet" keyboard?

I worked for Apple when those were new. I swear you could dent the damn things by breathing on them. We had a lot of angry customers.

Same goes with this phone... yeah, we should be more careful (leave my crash out of this; that'd have destroyed it even in a case) with them, but the fact remains that some devices are more durable than others. If you want a Nexus 4, you have to take appropriate precautions to protect it because it's not the most durable device out there. It's all a design trade-off: they could make it more durable, but it'd be heavier and less attractive to look at. It's not as if the design is somehow defective--it doesn't break when you use it, only when you drop it.

My backup phone is a Samsung B2100. Not only can I throw it and drop it, I can drop it in the swimming pool. I have dropped it in the river and gone back to fish it out. I simply toss it in my bag with all manner of heavy and pointy things. I'm not careful with it AT ALL because it's designed to be abused. The N4 isn't, so don't abuse it.
    Thanked by:
    FYourProblems likes this.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    didn't know you were on such intimate terms with cheap ***.
    No, but apparently you are. Stop being a cheap *** and buy a case and/or screen protectors. You break it? Tough. Your fault and no one else's.

Cry someone else a river about why its everyone else's fault except yours for you breaking your phone.

PS: If you've ever used a Samsung phone you are on more than intimate terms with cheap *** plastic, seriously. And don't even try to deny it. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Last edited by KitN; 12-06-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I didnt mention plastic in my post

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I didnt mention plastic in my post
    Read again. :rolleyes:

Good day to you and your Christmas Hanky Poo.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

ok well you edited your post. I am not nor have I complained about breaking my phone or the back. Why? Because I havent...ever.

I think you have forgotten the beginning of the thread and what I have said in it. I have no problems with mine,

Happy Holidays to you as well!

I recently just today recieved my Nexus 4. I was activating it about ten minutes ago. I set it on my computer desk and tried activating it. when I picked it back up i looked at the camera. on the back I noticed a little hairline fracture about 2 inches long with no spiderwebbing. I was immediately infuriated that my new device broke. I looked it up and found that if you place your Nexus 4 on a surface with a great enough difference in temperature of the phone, the glass may actually crack. So I went back to my desk and felt it. It was actually considerably colder than the phone... I cannot get a good picture of the crack but if I can, I will post it here. I am just soooo mad that after setting it down on a cold surface it Cracked????
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast