Have you cracked your Nexus 4 yet?

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll lighten the mood ..... My phone is wrapped in a cheap tpu case from amazon. It sustained a drop from approximately 5' onto tile floor....... NOT a mark on it!! :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The thing that kills me is all this talk about glass being a mistake. There IS NO mistake. The mistake is dropping or mishandling the device. You drop something, it breaks. That's called gravity. It seems to me more people are worried about shattered glass than the phone itself. If I were ever to drop my Nexus, the first thing going through my head would be "please don't be broken," and that would be directly related to my phone, not the glass. Do you think dropping a SIII onto a hard floor will have no ill effects? Do iPhones come with some new age anti-break coating? You paid hundreds of dollars for the thing. Pay attention to how you handle it and where you place it. It can't take care of itself.

These "types of people" blame Google because they are not capable of holding a phone. Lol Im done arguing. It's takes 2 fools to argue.

If you drive your rims into the curb they scratch right? Does the blame go to the rim maker or chrome maker? Nope...

If you drop your WiiU or PSP and the plastic cracks or screen shatters, do u blame Sony or Nintendo? Nope.

So why blame Google for your physical mishandling? You have options to protect this device. It's not a BlackBerry or DINC. Stop comparing it. That's like me comparing my last 4 GF's simply because they all have s. It sounds stupid.

You broke it, your fault. Go night night!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

dmbro

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine slid off my desk this morning from 3 feet and hit a 15lbs free weight on the floor. The entire front shattered and the screen doesn't respond to touch at all. Fml.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i dont think the glass is a mistake. i love it. however, both iphone 5 and gs3 will be more durable than the nexus 4. im not saying the ip5 and gs3 wont have any ill effects if you drop them on a hard floor, it just has a better chance of 'surviving' because of the material composition (i've dropped my GS1 on tar from about 2.5 feet, and i just see some minor scuffing of the plastic on the bottom bezel, while the back remains unscathed) . while i highly dislike the feel of samsung plastic, at least its durable. accidents happen, even if your intentions are good. i will get a nice feeling (not overly bulky) case, but will probably only use when im out of the house. i wouldn't be afraid of using the phone without the case at the serenity of my home

One of my employees has an ip5 and it is all scratched too. Never been dropped. The edges are all scratched. It has its problems. We get a case or we are going to be at risk.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll lighten the mood ..... My phone is wrapped in a cheap tpu case from amazon. It sustained a drop from approximately 5' onto tile floor....... NOT a mark on it!! :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

You sir are a genius.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
These "types of people" blame Google because they are not capable of holding a phone. Lol Im done arguing. It's takes 2 fools to argue.

If you drive your rims into the curb they scratch right? Does the blame go to the rim maker or chrome maker? Nope...

If you drop your WiiU or PSP and the plastic cracks or screen shatters, do u blame Sony or Nintendo? Nope.

So why blame Google for your physical mishandling? You have options to protect this device. It's not a BlackBerry or DINC. Stop comparing it. That's like me comparing my last 4 GF's simply because they all have s. It sounds stupid.

You broke it, your fault. Go night night!

Oh mommy I dropped my glasses and they broke! Wahhhhhhh. Lol.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm the luckiest person in the world. I've dropped my iPhone 4 case less about 5 times, including one from about 3 rungs up a ladder onto a concrete storeroom floor and it is flawless. No screen protector, no case. My SGS3 has fallen 3 times, from waist level onto very low pile carpet at work, from a table to a wood floor, and a good 4 feet across the mall onto the mall tile. No case, no screen protector, not broken, cracked or nicked.

According to some here, I should buy a lottery ticket. *shrugs*

If I drop it and it breaks, that's on me. I won't complain to Samsung about it, I'll put my simcard into my iPhone or my new Palm Pixi Plus (that I got to mess around with because I miss webos) and go on with my life.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm the luckiest person in the world. I've dropped my iPhone 4 case less about 5 times, including one from about 3 rungs up a ladder onto a concrete storeroom floor and it is flawless. No screen protector, no case. My SGS3 has fallen 3 times, from waist level onto very low pile carpet at work, from a table to a wood floor, and a good 4 feet across the mall onto the mall tile. No case, no screen protector, not broken, cracked or nicked.

According to some here, I should buy a lottery ticket. *shrugs*

If I drop it and it breaks, that's on me. I won't complain to Samsung about it, I'll put my simcard into my iPhone or my new Palm Pixi Plus (that I got to mess around with because I miss webos) and go on with my life.

Yeah, we don't all have two or three brand new phones just sitting around unused, the rest of us have to take care of the one we have.

mmace

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
These "types of people" blame Google because they are not capable of holding a phone.
what about those of us that just put the phones on our desks and it slowly slides off on its own?
who's to blame there?
I have done nothing wrong but put the phone on a flat surface

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, we don't all have two or three brand new phones just sitting around unused, the rest of us have to take care of the one we have.

Brand new? My iPhone 4 is my year and a half old one that I kept when I did my hardware upgrade. I would expect most keep their hardware upgraded older phone around, in case of an emergency. I have kept my previous phone ever since I had my Vibrant sent away for 12 weeks of repair for a manufacturers recall and had no phone until I bought one.

The Pixi was a gift from a customer who I installed dual boot cyanogenmod onto 2 HP touch pads for. I didn't buy it. It was payment.

No need to be petulant or make it sound like I'm rolling around in phones or cash. Get real. Be prepared. If you get a new phone keep the old one. Just in case. And if you had to sell the old phone to afford the new one then perhaps financially speaking you shouldn't be getting the latest and greatest every few months.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
One of my employees has an ip5 and it is all scratched too. Never been dropped. The edges are all scratched. It has its problems. We get a case or we are going to be at risk.

yes true, but i mean maybe he just doesn't take good care of it (even if he hasnt dropped it yet)?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
what about those of us that just put the phones on our desks and it slowly slides off on its own?
who's to blame there?
I have done nothing wrong but put the phone on a flat surface

You should have a case or at least a screen cover on the back. I know that some people like to go naked but anyone I know that does this has the most beat up trashed phone in 6 months. It's just a reality.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
yes true, but i mean maybe he just doesn't take good care of it (even if he hasnt dropped it yet)?

No, he takes great care of it. He picks it up and puts it down just like a phone. He has never dropped it and hasn't abused it. But the edges show slight wear and tear.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Lmfao I am definatly a butter finger so much so I have destroyed 3 boxes in less than 4 months

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No, he takes great care of it. He picks it up and puts it down just like a phone. He has never dropped it and hasn't abused it. But the edges show slight wear and tear.

ok well my macbook pro is made of aluminum and i take it everywhere and still looks beautiful, not exactly the same i know, but still worth mentioning

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
ok well my macbook pro is made of aluminum and i take it everywhere and still looks beautiful, not exactly the same i know, but still worth mentioning

Not even remotely the same. Alluminum isn't all equal. iPhone 5's are actually notorious for having a bezel that's made of really soft alluminum that gets nicked easily