Have you cracked your Nexus 4 yet?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
yes, and it's slippery too...imo just an accident waiting to happen...and from the sounds of things, it won't take much of an accident to make you cry with dismay over your beloved phone....
I have an iPhone 4 which I don't use anymore but used it a good part of a year and a half and it was just as slippery but never dropped it.The key here is being careful, I know accidents happen but as for me I'm super duper careful (famous last words) :)

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I underestimated how fragile and slippery the phone actually is, I had no cover no screen protector nothing, it slipped from about 2 feet above and slid on floor

You didn't underestimate. You just were careless and thought you wouldn't damage it. You don't take those chances. This isn't a Nextel Iden rugged device. Defacto would be screen protector and a TPU or bumper. Idk who to tell you to contact but grab a Xtreme Guard screen protector and it'll heal the scratches. Seriously. There's a sale and they're 5 dollars worth no shipping, full body.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
To anyone still doubting whether the back is plastic or glass...

tJxW6.png

:p

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got mine delivered few days ago. Left it on my glass TV stand (approximately ~1.5ft high) and it slid from it and screen cracked & touch sensor is dead. Sending it to LG today to fix it, though I don't know how much it will cost.

http://i.imgur.com/w0I4El.jpg

It didn't slide. It's a flat phone. Be serious. I've sat this phone on many surface types and it's never just slid by itself. Unless you have ghosts. In that case I apologize.

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
It didn't slide. It's a flat phone. Be serious. I've sat this phone on many surface types and it's never just slid by itself. Unless you have ghosts. In that case I apologize.

Without the case, my N4 slides down desks at school. They only have like a 7-10 degree angle too

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I underestimated how fragile and slippery the phone actually is, I had no cover no screen protector nothing, it slipped from about 2 feet above and slid on floor

It's unfortunate. Sorry.

I always felt the bumpers with a screen protector on the back would be a good option. I couldn't put it in an Otterbox.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Josh Simon

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend dropped my phone on a chattahoochee walkway. The phone landed on the top corner, shattering the screen near the point of impact and created cracks across the rest of the screen. The screen still comes on, but is no longer touch sensitive. I contacted LG and they said the repair will cost between $40 and $100 dollars (they are going to call me once the phone arrives). I sent it off to them today. I'll let you know how the process goes. I only had the phone for two days. Moral of the story: don't let your gf use your phone unless she is standing on grass or you have a case/bumper :)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend dropped my phone on a chattahoochee walkway. The phone landed on the top corner, shattering the screen near the point of impact and created cracks across the rest of the screen. The screen still comes on, but is no longer touch sensitive. I contacted LG and they said the repair will cost between $40 and $100 dollars (they are going to call me once the phone arrives). I sent it off to them today. I'll let you know how the process goes. I only had the phone for two days. Moral of the story: don't let your gf use your phone unless she is standing on grass or you have a case/bumper :)

I hope you have her paying for it.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Scaring the crap out of me! Just placed my nexus 4 order a few days ago. Just ordered an iBlason S case. Wish to heck Otterbox had a case. I've owned and dropped three different models of Blackberry phones and they had zero to minuscule dings,, all with out a case, veritable blocks of steel, now I'm buying a China Shop!!! LOL!!

I really like the idea of the bumper because it reminds me of the Ballistic case on my Blackberry Playbook, the rubber corners can take a heck of a drop and just bounce. But you not gonna get a bumpered NX4 into a case, plus I doubt it will slide easily, in and out of pants pocket, your stuck holding it.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
yes, and it's slippery too...imo just an accident waiting to happen...and from the sounds of things, it won't take much of an accident to make you cry with dismay over your beloved phone....

IMHO<< At a minimum, those who choose not to have a phone case should at least cover the front and the back glass with the plastic screen protectors, it will make the back much less slippery and not interfere too much with the aesthetics. Also, doesn"t Gorilla glass have a warranty??? Sounds more like chimp than Gorilla to me! LOL

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You know I just had a thought while I was leaving a post on the front page.

THIS IS THE MOST BRILLIANT MARKETING SCHEME EVER!

Hear me out. One of the strengths of Android has always been the ability to customize the phone the way you want. We all do not have to have the same look and feel like iOS. Google has taken it one step further on their flagship Nexus phone. Now you can customize the OUTSIDE as well. By adding a easily broken glass back, you can crack it to your will and truly make your phone, your phone. BRILLIANT!

THIS IS PURE ANDROID at it's heart. We should all have one instead of Samsung flavored Android Phones, or HTC or Moto (Look for them to come out with something close since they get as close as they can to pure Google so I am told...repeatedly)

Not trying to troll here...maybe succeeding though.

/sarcasm

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The thing that kills me is all this talk about glass being a mistake. There IS NO mistake. The mistake is dropping or mishandling the device. You drop something, it breaks. That's called gravity. It seems to me more people are worried about shattered glass than the phone itself. If I were ever to drop my Nexus, the first thing going through my head would be "please don't be broken," and that would be directly related to my phone, not the glass. Do you think dropping a SIII onto a hard floor will have no ill effects? Do iPhones come with some new age anti-break coating? You paid hundreds of dollars for the thing. Pay attention to how you handle it and where you place it. It can't take care of itself.