If $$$$ wasn't an option

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Would u still get the nexus 4? Or maybe another phone? Let's hear it.....personally I'd still get this.

Nexus 4, you jelly bro?

Lol I'm not jelly. If money wasn't an option id probably get the HTC OneX+ or possible the Droid Razr Maxx HD. No lte, and 16 gigs of storage with no expansion, believe me ill gladly pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol I'm not jelly. If money wasn't an option id probably get the HTC OneX+ or possible the Droid Razr Maxx HD. No lte, and 16 gigs of storage with no expansion, believe me ill gladly pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Opinions are opinions, at the same time though, why do u need more than 16gb? It's a phone not a computer.

Nexus 4, you jelly bro?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd still get the Nexus 4. If I wanted to compromise with contracts and delayed updates, I would've been like all the other sheep. Instead I'm waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

cnguyen0320

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Opinions are opinions, at the same time though, why do u need more than 16gb? It's a phone not a computer.

Nexus 4, you jelly bro?

With only 16gb on my iphone, I have to compromise by not having music on my phone. I also have to unload my photos onto my computer every once in awhile.

I'm actually in this position. I can have an iPhone 5 on contract $200 or get the N4 for $350. I can sell the iPhone 5 and get the N4 and break even but idk if I'd like the iPhone more. I wish I could test drive an Android for a week or so and not have to pay restocking or whatever...

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
For me, getting the Nexus 4 wasnt a money issue. I had the iPhone 4S and knew that I wanted to try android but also knew that I would only go with a nexus for the immediate updates, pure android, and ease of hackability. I almost jumped on the Galaxy nexus when the price dropped but knew that an update must be in the works. I never expected top notch CPU/GPU/RAM in a Nexus device so when the rumors pointed to the S4 pro and 2gbs of RAM I was sold. Then when the price was revealed it was icing on the cake. Coming from the iPhone 3GS and then the 4S, lack of removable storage/battery and LTE were no big deal.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think price is the main reason a lot of people are buying this phone, I think it is the ability to have pure Android. There is just nothing better than having stock Android, you can create whatever you like from there. My first Android phone was the Nexus 1, then I tried a Droid Incredible (returned it and went back to the N1). Next I got a HTC Inspire, which I ended up putting cyanogen mod on because I really wanted to get back to stock. When the Galaxy Nexus came out I jumped on that and still love it. A couple of month's ago I got a OneX (can't let those upgrades slip by), it is a really nice phone but I still primarily use my GN because I much prefer stock android. Maybe it is because I came to Android from the Nexus 1 but to me any of the skins just seem like a bad cartoon drawing full of clutter that sits on top of Android. I will be ordering this phone as soon as it comes in stock, and I still curse the damn meeting I was sitting in when it went on sale and the fact I could not buy it from my phones browser.

All this being said if it had LTE on AT&T I would pay damn near anything for it.

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Sadly I would still get a Nexus 4 despite the fact that Google doesn't deserve my loyalty. Shame there isn't more choice with regard to high end carrier unlocked devices with pure Android. And no, I don't accept flashing buggy, half baked ROMs with jacked radios and GPS. >_> Been there, done that.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think price is the main reason a lot of people are buying this phone, I think it is the ability to have pure Android.
Price is a HUGE factor for me. While I may not have LTE, I'm going to save over $900 compared to a GS3 on AT&T over two years. (Based on a 16GB model with $45/mo Straight Talk.) Unlocked GSM world phone capability + only $350 + no contract + choice of GSM services + then pure Android = ALL WIN!

I'm soooooooo bored of the whining over lack of LTE, removable battery, SD slot and only 16GB of memory. Until two months ago, Apple sold over 243 MILLION units of the first five versions of the iPhone collectively worldwide while lacking everything that the entitled emo crybaby Android nerd ragers declare mandatory or FAIL. Even now, they've only checked off ONE BULLET POINT (LTE) while still having no expansion and removable battery to go along with the lack of NFC and even a true HD screen.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think price is the main reason a lot of people are buying this phone, I think it is the ability to have pure Android.

Price is MASSIVE. Nexus was created for the pure Android experience, but you can't honestly think part of the allure of this device isn't the price. It's literally half of what any other top level device would be commanding. I mean, it's not even close; it's not like the Nexus 4 is $100 cheaper than the rest of the market... it's more like, buy an unlocked iPhone 5 or buy two Nexus 4's.

Price, again, is huge here. Pure Android is nice, but price is Google's secret weapon here.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd still buy this phone even of it was priced higher.

I've been too spoiled by the pure Android experience on my Nexus 7 to go back! I don't want to own a non-Nexus device anymore, period.

So clearly price was not a factor for me but a HUGE bonus. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nexus 4. I don't want anything else. There is no substitute for Vanilla Android and Google Support.

Pseu

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think price is the main reason a lot of people are buying this phone,
I'm gonna pile on with the disagrees.

I'm not a way-into-phones guy. In fact I just logged in to this forum because it was about time for me to upgrade from my old Virgin phone (Optimus LG for the... ok, not "win", but it gets the job done) and I'd heard interesting things about this new Nexus dealio. If it had been priced $600-$800 I probably wouldn't have given it a second look. If I had all teh ducats in the world I certainly wouldn't be waiting gosh knows how long for Google to get their act together and get this thing back on the market - I'd probably buy one of them Samsung phones that my wife would send me movies on for me not to watch on the plane.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
OK I get it... yes, the low cost is a big deal. Next time I will make sure I put "main reason" in quotes, meaning it is a consideration but not the "main" consideration for "a lot" of people. This was still almost $400 out the door, so for most it would be cheaper to just go the subsidized route and get a really great phone for $200 or less on contract. Last week T-Mobile had great sale prices on the S3 and there was not nearly the buzz this phone is getting. The fact is this phone has a lot of draws and the cost is just one of the many.