Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T Mobile SIM question.

I ordered the .99 T Mobile SIM card the other day and just got it. The SIM is a regular size. I know I can cut it down, but I was wondering if I screwed up and ordered the wrong one, or is this the only SIM they send out?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Default Re: T Mobile SIM question.

Oh man, same thing happened to me; I sent off to Wally World for the 'activation kit. Now I have a full sized SIM card. I've seen that template on the web for cutting down a standard size to the micro, but it just doesn't seem exactly the same size... I'm very nervous about not getting it right. I'm thinking that the actual gold contact surface has to be in the exact right place or it won't work. Anyone have any help for getting this re-sizing correct??

radio
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

You wanted the Micro, lol: Sim Card Activation Kit For Prepaid Phone or Unlocked iPhone | T-Mobil

The regular sized ones can be cut, yes.. But if it were me I rather get the correct one. Plus it's only a dollar, although I know they are out of stock at this moment..
    Thanked by:

You want the micro-sim, thats what i ordered and received. Order more than one, however, because the activation code I got in the first one wasn't valid.
    Thanked by:

I think there is more room for error than you think. I used pdf template to cut mine my hand just marked where the lines went with sharpie and cut with scissors. Started by cutting a little too big then little slivers until got the right size. It was much easier than I thought.

I had the standard size T-Mo from Straight Talk and took it to the local T-mobile store. They cut it without question. Works perfectly.

Thanks for the info guys! I tried ordering thru that link for the 99 cent one but you have to order a plan and the lowest plan offered there is 40 bucks. I want the $30 100 min plan. My closest real TMo store is 90 miles away in Santa Barbara, CA. So, I have an email into Wally World where I bought the "monthly4g" activation kit. BTW, it was $17... TMo kept telling me to order it from Walmart for some reason...
    We'll see what they say about my email,

r

I walked into the store and purchased 2 new micro sims the other week. They charged me $10 each.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

hey,

I just bought this kit as well. When you go to checkout online you don't need to get any plans, unless you ended up picking one of the sim cards on one of the other pages (I made this same mistake at first as well). It should definitely be free though. Once you receive it, there will be a booklet to get you started with activation... but they have a known issue with the activation codes. If you get one that doesn't work, just call them up and they will force the activation of the SIM over the phone for you.

hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by radiocycle View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! I tried ordering thru that link for the 99 cent one but you have to order a plan and the lowest plan offered there is 40 bucks. I want the $30 100 min plan. My closest real TMo store is 90 miles away in Santa Barbara, CA. So, I have an email into Wally World where I bought the "monthly4g" activation kit. BTW, it was $17... TMo kept telling me to order it from Walmart for some reason...
    We'll see what they say about my email,
    r
    I ordered two with no plan. I received two with no plan. I used a old prepaid T-Mobild phone number I had to activate with. I was surprised how easy it was to activate with no plan. That does not give me any data but I have over a 1000 minutes on the phone number so with WIFI and the minutes I do ok. I have a verizon MYFI jet pack in my car for data and it works good. I did have to activate on an unlocked iPhone as I have not been lucky and got a N4 yet. I think I will like the N4 because I did get a Nexus 7 and love it.

Global Posts
    1,718 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

You can cut cut it down it's pretty easy with the right cutter. I just ordered a micro sim from Tmo.

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    You can cut cut it down it's pretty easy with the right cutter. I just ordered a micro sim from Tmo.
    Yeah, I'll give that a try if all else fails...