Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data issues

Has anyone else had data issues with their nexus 4? I have noticed that if connected to WiFi with no data signal, when you leave the WiFi range the data will not reconnect without enabling airplane mode. The symptoms are similar to those of the one x when it first came out. Yesterday I left work and halfway home I noticed I was still connected to my company WiFi. After turning of WiFi data reconnected and all of the missed emails and texts came in.

AT&T hspa

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Default Re: Data issues

I haven't noticed any issues overall but, at my job I have a little. My job is weird with cell phones. They put in repeaters to allow cell phone usage inside but, only verizon & at&t work ok for data. With T-mobile it's a strange crapshoot. It tries to access H+ but usaully falls back to no data unless I connect to my Mifi, then it goes to Edge.

mine likes to connect to 3g until I use data and then switches to hspa+ (t-mo) but I havent had any issues switching between wifi and cellular networks.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuay04 View Post
    Has anyone else had data issues with their nexus 4? I have noticed that if connected to WiFi with no data signal, when you leave the WiFi range the data will not reconnect without enabling airplane mode. The symptoms are similar to those of the one x when it first came out. Yesterday I left work and halfway home I noticed I was still connected to my company WiFi. After turning of WiFi data reconnected and all of the missed emails and texts came in.

AT&T hspa
    Are you using an AT&T MVNO by chance? If so it's a known issue, and has been going on to some extent since this past summer.

I'm having the same issue, and I'm on T-mobile.

Im also having data issues and i have tmobile too. It shows as if i have data but i cannot do anything then i have to restart my phone. Very annoying. I dont know whats up with it

I'm having the same exact issue here. I'm on AT&T.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not that it relates to this phone, but I had these exact issues with my Nexus S. I remember getting so fed up with this.

I saw the same thing with an HTC Evo 4G on Sprint/CDMA. If the phone has an active Wi-Fi connection, it will not initiate a data connection over cellular. If the Wi-Fi connection is weak, you are out of luck.

Temporarily disable the Wi-Fi service and the problem immediately goes away.

having some issues too but not sure if its just tmobile. notification bar keeps switching from 3g to H, unless I start using data then it will latch on to hspa. wireless connection app shows it keeps switching to utms and hspa + (21mb/s) and the status of phone in my settings show it switching between umts, hsdpa 8 and hspa 15. im in chicago where theres supposed to be hspa+42. is this normal?

oh and speed tests are generally as low as 3mbs to 20mbs.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock baby!

I'm on AT&T and have no issues with data, voice or microcell.

I made a video (if u like please Subscribe!)

Nexus 4 Wifi+Cellular Performance! (Compared to Galaxy Nexus) - YouTube

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

For those of you on T Mobile, I have a play store GSM Galaxy Nexus, and it appears that the sitting on 3G or E, while not using data is normal, mine always does, then when I access the internet or check my email it switches to H.
    Thanked by:
    Ed 115