Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: How do I disable the unsafe volume warning?

Quote Originally Posted by AitchKay View Post
    So how can this option be "added" somehow? Surely there must be a fix or a tweak?
    Confirmed on my AT&T Note 3, I do not get the warning when ear buds are plugged in, but I do when I plug up to an audio device via 1/8" cable. No option in settings to disable that I can find. Annoying.

After a long search for rescue from the automatic hearing protection (in a wrong way that drives people like me and you nuts), I finally found Hearing Saver app, which you can set a certain volume level for your media and another one for your ringtone either when you plug or unplug headphones. This would override the manufacture's annoying hearing protection which lower the volume down automatically, even though the warning message still shows. This was actually answered by dannyd86 (thank you for the post) but he didn't give the name of the app but instead gave a link so those who haven't registered for this forum would not be able to see it. I hope this would help you.
    Thanked by:
    vicee 
    vicee likes this.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I'm in the U. S. and I get this pop up on my Note 3. I got it on my S3, my wife got on her S3 & now here S4. It's not just a European thing.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Note 3 with T-mobile usa, I have it. Dont look like you can turn it off but I found a way around it using an app I already had. The app is called Llama (similar to tasker which should work too). Make a setting to change volume to max (or desired volume above this safety limit) upon detecting headphone jack input. This worked, no more nag screen

I really wish there was a fix to this... I use relatively high impedance headphones on my Nexus 5, but every time I turn the volume up, this happens... oh well. :/
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoai Phuong Nguyen View Post
    After a long search for rescue from the automatic hearing protection (in a wrong way that drives people like me and you nuts), I finally found Hearing Saver app, which you can set a certain volume level for your media and another one for your ringtone either when you plug or unplug headphones. This would override the manufacture's annoying hearing protection which lower the volume down automatically, even though the warning message still shows. This was actually answered by dannyd86 (thank you for the post) but he didn't give the name of the app but instead gave a link so those who haven't registered for this forum would not be able to see it. I hope this would help you.
    You are a hero. I have been pulling my hair trying to fix this problem. THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd86 View Post
    There is a reason why they did it though. As an industrial mechanic I deal with injury causing noise levels all the time. When you talk to somebody who does the hearing testing, they see kids in elementary school with damaged hearing more and more every year. Its from headphones. One rule of thumb they say is if you can hear the music in somebody elses earphones they are damaging their hearing.
    Or how it is a federal law that driver's must to wear a seatbelt?

Since when did people lose their right to hurt themselves if the so choose?

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    The correct answer seems to be if you use a headset with the "correct" impedance, you will not get this warning.
    It's not the "correct" impedance. I have Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 250 OHm and Nexus7, so even though I don't like to listen too loud, Nanny Android 4.2 + knows better what's good for me and I have to struggle with this warning quite often which ruins my user experience. Everything was fine up to 4.1.2, before they decided to introduce this feature. I hate to be treated like an id.ot, but it could be worse - they could use gyro to detect if I'm walking and turn the music off completely as it could be dangerous to walk on a street with headphones on. Thanks google!

Not everyone is using headphones. Some of us are in our cars, driving, with our phones plugged into the stereo. Which means we want to control the volume from the stereo but have the phone all the way up. Requiring those of us who utilize this method to remove our eyes from the road in order to touch the screen so we may proceed with or audio pleasures.

Not everyone is like you, nore do they fit into your perception or presumption of what you think we are or should be doing, so leave us to our own devices and stop trying to control the situation with what you think we should or should not be aloud to do. If someone is stupid enough to continue past your warning once while wearing headphones and damages there hearing, then they deserve it.
    But at least give us the OPTION to disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterforce View Post

Since when did people lose their right to hurt themselves if the so choose?
    Example. Kid uses headphones at extreme volume damaging hearing. Parents get lawyer and sue for the company not taking steps to prevent this.

Posted using Nexus 4 via Android Central App

First of all, control your kids. Second, give an option to never warn me again.
    this becomes a hazard when trying to turn your phones volume up after plugging it into the cars stereo, and you have to look at the screen to disable it. That sounds like a bigger lawsuit to me.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

It is here in the good Ole USA too....Sorry but I don't know how to stop it either . It started after Kit Kat FORCED update and then the SNEAKDATE that same night.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234