Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Default Re: Nexus 4 will be available today at Noon PST

Good luck to you guys trying to get the phone. I just wanted the bumper and didn't order it on launch day because I wasn't sure I wanted it and thought it would hold up everything else. I wish i had ordered it now. As for the phone, it's doing just like the last time, just keep trying.
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, ahhh F it *grabs a beer*

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by codeda View Post
    Welp,. I too kept hitting proceed like an absolutely insane person and it worked out. Just finished ordering. Sure I will see it some day and until then I have my lovely GS3 to keep me company. I'd be happy with getting it in time for christmas
    Realizing that 4 weeks is christmas day, 5 weeks new years......so new phone for the new year i guess. Man feels like forever! By the time I get it I will be tempted by new things from CES

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydc View Post
    That sucked.
    As long as you can get it in your cart you have a chance man. I haven't clicked that hard since counter-strike but it was worth it in the end.

As much as I want it, unless I can get it at least ordered from the Google Play Store by the first week in December I'll just move on & buy something else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Must have hit the Proceed button a couple thousand times. No luck.

Default Nexus 4 will be available today at Noon PST

Got one in my cart. Hit "proceed" kept getting error messages and went back. Hit proceed again and got a message saying "you have reached your purchase limit" yet I never actually purchased anything.

Now who is glad that the Nexus 4 has been back ordered on last sale windows??? I am!!!

btw, I have been staying out of playstore just not to hit itself with load and let others order their N4
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

I probably had a dozen ADD TO CART clicks but maybe 6 actually going to cart but as soon as I clicked PROCEED, it would give me an error and eventually empty my cart. Pretty infuriating...

Now will google send out emails again when more is in stock? Looks like at least in a 1-2 weeks?

Realizing that 4 weeks is christmas day, 5 weeks new years......so new phone for the new year i guess. Man feels like forever! By the time I get it I will be tempted by new things from CES
    starting to believe this might not be possible be either...we may be talking about getting one a few weeks into the new year. assuming they're sold out...we're talking what prob another couple weeks before they have them "re-stocked" again? imagine same thing happens like the past 2x....just keep repeating the cycle. might be awhile....google really dropped the ball big time...they need to get their stuff in order before they prepare to launch again.

going to take a hit PR wise and at the worst possible time of the year to be taking one.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchersduel View Post
    starting to believe this might not be possible be either...we may be talking about getting one a few weeks into the new year. assuming they're sold out...we're talking what prob another couple weeks before they have them "re-stocked" again? imagine same thing happens like the past 2x....just keep repeating the cycle. might be awhile....google really dropped the ball big time...they need to get their stuff in order before they prepare to launch again.

going to take a hit PR wise and at the worst possible time of the year to be taking one.
    Yeah, at this rate, we most of us won't be able to purchase this until right before the Nexus 5 comes out.
    codeda likes this.

Just got 2 of the 16GB model... Mashing the proceed button really works.. Let's break some left mouse buttons!

Mash that button man. Just got mine!

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Just got mine! Mashing works!! Has anyone got the conformation email??

I tried the repeated clicking, and eventually got in about 1:10 PT. Rest of the transaction was very fast afterwards.

Then VISA called me about a minute later to confirm it wasn't fraud.

So either I got a phone or I've had my card cancelled. Hoping for the best.

Thanks everyone for the advice on mashing the Proceed button!

Quote Originally Posted by xxjmontxx View Post
    Just got mine! Mashing works!! Has anyone got the conformation email??
    Bah... button mashing not working here. Just getting the same "order could not be processed message". Are you guys hitting it multiple times per second, or waiting in between button clicks?

You know, in a Skinner box the rat at least gets an actual food pellet.

Google Customer << Rat
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
    natehoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by baltassoc View Post
    I tried the repeated clicking, and eventually got in about 1:10 PT. Rest of the transaction was very fast afterwards.

Then VISA called me about a minute later to confirm it wasn't fraud.

So either I got a phone or I've had my card cancelled. Hoping for the best.

Thanks everyone for the advice on mashing the Proceed button!
    two 16gb still sitting in my cart @ 4:20PM EST
    hitting the button like 10000times per min

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjeffala View Post
    Finally got a hold of Google Play support during the 30 hair-pulling minutes of trying to buy the phone. Service rep told me that Nexus 4 had been available since like 8 a.m. this morning PST (despite the ad saying 12 pm) and that it had been sold out since like 8:15 with various trickles of stock becoming available and that it was all sold out when I called. Seriously pissed. This is the second time that I added 2 phone to cart at EXACTLY the advertised sale time and was unable to purchase anything.
    The server rep is high. I had been hitting refresh at least 10 times an hour since 7 am Pacific this morning and nothing showed available before noon. And the fact that it's still blue once in a while means they have stock. The store is probably being overwhelmed with traffic (no excuse, I know), but they still have phones in stock. When you catch it, and put it in your cart, keep hitting the 'Process' button, even if it's grayed out and it shows you the notifications. It WILL work.

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GolferChris68 View Post
    Bah... button mashing not working here. Just getting the same "order could not be processed message". Are you guys hitting it multiple times per second, or waiting in between button clicks?
    I was hitting mine multiple times per second over and over and over. Eventually an order window popped up

I was hitting mine multiple times per second over and over and over. Eventually an order window popped up
    You need a new mouse.
    codeda likes this.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    The server rep is high. I had been hitting refresh at least 10 times an hour since 7 am Pacific this morning and nothing showed available before noon. And the fact that it's still blue once in a while means they have stock. The store is probably being overwhelmed with traffic (no excuse, I know), but they still have phones in stock. When you catch it, and put it in your cart, keep hitting the 'Process' button, even if it's grayed out and it shows you the notifications. It WILL work.
    How sure are you of this? I have it in my care in two different browsers and I must have hit "Proceed" 10k times and all i get is the error messages...

There has been a 16gb in my cart since 12:53 and I cannot proceed. I hope the architect of this fiasco stubs a damn toe tonight, his/her big toe.
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

Thanks. Shouldn't be this hard to buy a phone. I'll stick with the mashing for a few more minutes, then I'm done. No point bashing my repeatedly against the Google Play wall.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Wasn't Google it said "Don't be evil"??!!!
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast