Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mmace
  • 1 Post By badbrad17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Two weeks waiting, and they are shipping the new nexus4s to US first?

Why can't they just fix all the backorders first???
    There are still so many of us waiting for our devices...(2 weeks waiting only with an email updated pending today)..
    If they had so many time preparing another round selling, they should have had enough time sending out all the backorder devices...
    !
    Last edited by a61737025; 11-27-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    What a google!

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Default Re: Two weeks waiting, and they are shipping the new nexus4s to US first?

agreed, it's an international device, they should ship out ALL backorders first (to all of us around the globe) before selling to new buyers in the US!
    a61737025 likes this.

Default Re: Two weeks waiting, and they are shipping the new nexus4s to US first?

Have you considered they might have enough to fulfill the back orders AND put an amount on sale to new buyers? I realise with the recent calamity faith has been lost to some extend but that's a pretty negative view to take.

I got the email last night regarding shipping, I fully expect to receive an email tonight saying it's on it's way, so whats the problem?

Don't assume too soon...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by peejay1977 View Post
    Have you considered they might have enough to fulfill the back orders AND put an amount on sale to new buyers? I realise with the recent calamity faith has been lost to some extend but that's a pretty negative view to take.

I got the email last night regarding shipping, I fully expect to receive an email tonight saying it's on it's way, so whats the problem?

Don't assume too soon...
    If they had time to prepare more than enough, they should ship our orders first.
    What a google!

Get over it. Now we all get one. Yours is on the way whereas we haven't even ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by a61737025 View Post
    If they had time to prepare more than enough, they should ship our orders first.
    Did you get the email last night that I did stating it will be shipped this week? If so then that proves they ARE shipping our orders first. If they have say 10,000 people on back order who's to say they havent got 50,000 sat in a warehouse of which the other 40,000 will be the ones sold online? It takes time to process an order so it makes sense that they have enough to fulfill backorders AND put some onsale. Wouldn't that seem like the logical approach?

Again, this is all with the assumption that Google have realised their balls up and are sorting it out but I don't see what has got you so wound up? Your phone will be sent out this week, by the time the others go on sale and get processed you'll have likely still got yours first, which is what you want.

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

"The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Get over it. Now we all get one. Yours is on the way whereas we haven't even ordered.
    no, ours aren't on the way (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by mmace View Post
    no, ours aren't on the way (UK)
    You didn't get the email last night saying they will ship this week then?

I ordered mine on 13-November after battling through Google's amazingly user-hostile experience. I received an email three days later that it was shipping. UPS subsequently "lost" the shipment in their system. I called both UPS and Google. Both were unable to resolve the issue and get my phone delivered. Google's customer support is simply awful. They're not able to resolve any issues and they're unwilling to take responsibility.The standard response was that it is now the responsibility of UPS and me to get it sorted. Absolutely zero concern for the consumer.

So two weeks later I have a $400 charge on my credit card, several hours of frustration in dealing with both Google and UPS, and no phone.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by a61737025 View Post
    Why can't they just fix all the backorders first???
    There are still so many of us waiting for our devices...(2 weeks waiting only with an email updated pending today)..
    If they had so many time preparing another round selling, they should have had enough time sending out all the backorder devices...
    !
    If there are more for sale then you will be getting yours first or at the same time.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    a61737025 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    If there are more for sale then you will be getting yours first or at the same time.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    hopefully
    What a google!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Vortura View Post
    I ordered mine on 13-November after battling through Google's amazingly user-hostile experience. I received an email three days later that it was shipping. UPS subsequently "lost" the shipment in their system. I called both UPS and Google. Both were unable to resolve the issue and get my phone delivered. Google's customer support is simply awful. They're not able to resolve any issues and they're unwilling to take responsibility.The standard response was that it is now the responsibility of UPS and me to get it sorted. Absolutely zero concern for the consumer.

So two weeks later I have a $400 charge on my credit card, several hours of frustration in dealing with both Google and UPS, and no phone.
    File a complaint for items not received with your card company. You have up to 30 days or so (varies by issuer) to report a transaction and they have up to 45 days to dispute it.

Who said they are shipping to US........ i am in CA and have not received any shipping confirmation email with tacking number yet. i think they are shipping as per order time.