Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: Mine is going BACK...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyrockett View Post
    Thank you for that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM 10 M2

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    What would I do without a Starbucks app...yeah, I'd return it too
    I was hoping someone would poke fun at this. People's obsession/addiction with Starbucks is ridiculous. At least put that money towards a real drug addiction.
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    To everyone else, why does it matter if the Starbucks app is important to him? Maybe he likes their half double decaffeinated half-caf with a twist of lemon, and the cost is worth that little bit of joy he gets from it.
    It's not about him disliking the phone, there have been plenty of complains about it on here and people are usually sympathetic.

It's more the fact that he wasted a perfectly good N4 that one of us eager fans could have had all due to his own negligence. One minute of research would reveal that LTE is missing from this phone, and the fact that his chief complaint is that he can't order his lattes from his phone anymore is laughable and kind of pissing me off. These days people return way too much , and it only further increases prices because they take money lost on returns into account.

I know I know, "cool story bro"
    six8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atrixfll View Post
    thank you all for your input...

I have till 5 dec to make a final decision
    uh huh..
    six8 likes this.

In the computer world, hardware is notorious for moving faster than software.

I played with the SGS3 for a little while, but ultimately the biggest turn-off about non-Nexus devices is the short lives they lead before the manufacturer simply terminates that product line. In the past I watched a family member get burned when a manufacturer of a non-Nexus device failed to deliver on the promise of delivering updates to their flagship phone's OS to clear up a big GPU performance problem. Of course there's the custom ROM route though.

But for the Nexus series, Its one of the biggest selling points for me, IMHO.. Constant Google updates, and a long life. I pick up a new phone whenever there's a huge leap in innovation (last phone was a T-Mobile G2x / LG Optimus 2X for example) .. And jumping into a quad-core phone with a powerful GPU AND that's a Nexus device is just too awesome. I'll bite the bullet and see if I can deal with the lack of memory expansion.

The quad core really does make a great difference in performance... and speed and stability have greatly increased! However... I wish the camera and audio quality were a little better...

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I'm surprised that Starbucks even has an Android app. Seems like they'd make that iPhone only in order to keep it isolated to only elite hipsters for whom $5 is a OK price for ground beans in hot water.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...ot-240x180.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
    ...and bitter beans at that.
    Well in fairness a regular cup of coffee at Starbucks is about $1.50-$1.75. Other stuff costs more, but for "ground beans in hot water" it's not really that expensive. A coffee at McDonald's or Dunkin is not a whole lot cheaper.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts

This thread wins first place for worst reason ever to return your Nexus 4. Congrats OP.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

I happened to wonder around US states for 2 years. And i always missed New York City blue cup coffee from grocery stores. All those chain places like McDonalds, Starbucks, dunkin donuts, gas station... No offense but it taste like total crap.
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

Love the device ...feels great

BUTTTTTTT

some of my every day apps are still not working on 4.2 (starbucks/Volume +/live 365)

and NO LTE...

Just got a SGS3 and I am very pleased... (I love that the menu buttons are on the device and APPS use a FULL screen)

I am sure I will be back... but sometimes being first on the block is not the best thing
    Mine is going BACK...!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1354254205742.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    vanilla...mmmmm

I think its stupid that people like the nexus phone for faster updates. So what. Your telling me next year when the nexus 5 comes out you nexus nerds are not gonna buy anyway? So what's useful about the updates when your just gonna buy the new hardware with latest software anyway. I like my s3 running ice cream sandwich. (Update coming Monday) and I like the features it has. I change the launcher to get rid of the uglyness and I'm happy.
    The glass worries the hell out of me too.

Now to be Hippocratical... I tried to get the nexus. It looks nice and the reviews are great. The price is right too. But nothing wrong with my s3.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tanson1011 View Post
    Your telling me next year when the nexus 5 comes out you nexus nerds are not gonna buy anyway?
    No....maybe when the 6 comes out though.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    vanilla...mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    No....maybe when the 6 comes out though.
    Lol. Your so full of it. Its nothing to be ashamed of.
    Can't take these forums seriously, too many nerds trying to be funny on the net.

Lol. Your so full of it. Its nothing to be ashamed of.
    Can't take these forums seriously, too many nerds trying to be funny on the net.

LOL yourself! Hey man...I'm coming from a two year old MT4G! I have self control....unless it pertains to camera gear.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    vanilla...mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    LOL yourself! Hey man...I'm coming from a two year old MT4G! I have self control....unless it pertains to camera gear.
    Touch. Perhaps I'm pissed more than I think about not getting the n4 and ranting randomly.

Hippocratical
    Wowsers.

Anyway, I'm coming from an LG so old that I dont even know the name of it. It was the first android to come to MetroPCS.

It was good to me and took so much abuse it wasn't even funny. It fell hundreds of times and never even cracked the screen once. Yes, it would 'break' open and scatter the battery and back of the phone across the floor every time it fell, but never cracked my screen.

I'm ridiculously careful with this phone though. I love it, It's amazing. I'm just now realizing the battery life really isn't bad at all, I just finally stopped playing with it constantly. I will still get the new one when it comes out in a year and just use this one as more of secondary (bars, nightlife, etc) and use the new one for school and work, just switching out the sim card when necessary.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Love the device ...feels great

BUTTTTTTT

some of my every day apps are still not working on 4.2 (starbucks/Volume +/live 365)

and NO LTE...

Just got a SGS3 and I am very pleased... (I love that the menu buttons are on the device and APPS use a FULL screen)

I am sure I will be back... but sometimes being first on the block is not the best thing
    so much face palm.
    Google Android Affectionado

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

I think its stupid that people like the nexus phone for faster updates. So what. Your telling me next year when the nexus 5 comes out you nexus nerds are not gonna buy anyway? So what's useful about the updates when your just gonna buy the new hardware with latest software anyway. I like my s3 running ice cream sandwich. (Update coming Monday) and I like the features it has. I change the launcher to get rid of the uglyness and I'm happy.
    The glass worries the hell out of me too.

Now to be Hippocratical... I tried to get the nexus. It looks nice and the reviews are great. The price is right too. But nothing wrong with my s3.

your point would be valid if there was only one update a year. Since I first got my galaxy nexus until now there have been roughly 6 updates. With unlocked nexus you get them instantly. VZW galaxy nexus is still 3 updates behind. the GS3 is even further behind.

I was using the GS3 for 3 weeks until i got my nexus 4 and if you put nova launcher on it is a great phone. i absolutely loathe the physical buttons though. The home button is bad but having the menu button hidden killed me.
    Google Android Affectionado

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0me View Post
    your point would be valid if there was only one update a year. Since I first got my galaxy nexus until now there have been roughly 6 updates. With unlocked nexus you get them instantly. VZW galaxy nexus is still 3 updates behind. the GS3 is even further behind.

I was using the GS3 for 3 weeks until i got my nexus 4 and if you put nova launcher on it is a great phone. i absolutely loathe the physical buttons though. The home button is bad but having the menu button hidden killed me.
    Is nova really that much better than Apex? I haven't tried it yet, Will probably download it and fiddle with it here and there until I like it more than Apex I suppose.

And why does no one talk about Go Launcher when it has so many more downloads? I used Go on my last phone the whole time, had no idea about Nova and Apex.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Ogle View Post
    And why does no one talk about Go Launcher...
    Or ADW? Love that launcher!

ROM
    Lollipop 5.1.1

I think its stupid that people like the nexus phone for faster updates. So what.
    Wait until you own a phone that's barely a year old yet stuck on a two year old version of the OS, then come talk about why guaranteed/fast updates are a stupid reason to want a phone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Wait until you own a phone that's barely a year old yet stuck on a two year old version of the OS, then come talk about why guaranteed/fast updates are a stupid reason to want a phone.
    I agree to an extent lol first I think the nexus program is the way to go. But I buy my phones based on what hardware they have and bootloader situations lol nothing more as I hate most stock firmware so I get rid of it asap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    vanilla...mmmmm

6 updates? Really. Probably just fixes. Usually only one update a year. Even 4.1 to 4.2 isn't much except more bugs. And your lock screen widgets.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    vanilla...mmmmm

That wasn't my whole point. If you read the whole post you should of got what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    When the roms start coming out it will get rid of the on screen buttons. Good luck with touch wiz and lack of updates.
    Good luck with a cracked back. Everyone said how stupid Apple was to use glass backs on iPhone, but now Nexus Disciples think its great... O_o

I love TouchWiz. Of course I also love SD card slots and LTE. Also Samsung is leaps and bounds ahead of LG.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast