Mine is going BACK...!!!

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hippocratical

Wowsers.

Anyway, I'm coming from an LG so old that I dont even know the name of it. It was the first android to come to MetroPCS.

It was good to me and took so much abuse it wasn't even funny. It fell hundreds of times and never even cracked the screen once. Yes, it would 'break' open and scatter the battery and back of the phone across the floor every time it fell, but never cracked my screen.

I'm ridiculously careful with this phone though. I love it, It's amazing. I'm just now realizing the battery life really isn't bad at all, I just finally stopped playing with it constantly. I will still get the new one when it comes out in a year and just use this one as more of secondary (bars, nightlife, etc) and use the new one for school and work, just switching out the sim card when necessary.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Love the device ...feels great

BUTTTTTTT

some of my every day apps are still not working on 4.2 (starbucks/Volume +/live 365)

and NO LTE...

Just got a SGS3 and I am very pleased... (I love that the menu buttons are on the device and APPS use a FULL screen)

I am sure I will be back... but sometimes being first on the block is not the best thing

so much face palm.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I think its stupid that people like the nexus phone for faster updates. So what. Your telling me next year when the nexus 5 comes out you nexus nerds are not gonna buy anyway? So what's useful about the updates when your just gonna buy the new hardware with latest software anyway. I like my s3 running ice cream sandwich. (Update coming Monday) and I like the features it has. I change the launcher to get rid of the uglyness and I'm happy.
The glass worries the hell out of me too.

Now to be Hippocratical... I tried to get the nexus. It looks nice and the reviews are great. The price is right too. But nothing wrong with my s3.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

your point would be valid if there was only one update a year. Since I first got my galaxy nexus until now there have been roughly 6 updates. With unlocked nexus you get them instantly. VZW galaxy nexus is still 3 updates behind. the GS3 is even further behind.

I was using the GS3 for 3 weeks until i got my nexus 4 and if you put nova launcher on it is a great phone. i absolutely loathe the physical buttons though. The home button is bad but having the menu button hidden killed me.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
your point would be valid if there was only one update a year. Since I first got my galaxy nexus until now there have been roughly 6 updates. With unlocked nexus you get them instantly. VZW galaxy nexus is still 3 updates behind. the GS3 is even further behind.

I was using the GS3 for 3 weeks until i got my nexus 4 and if you put nova launcher on it is a great phone. i absolutely loathe the physical buttons though. The home button is bad but having the menu button hidden killed me.

Is nova really that much better than Apex? I haven't tried it yet, Will probably download it and fiddle with it here and there until I like it more than Apex I suppose.

And why does no one talk about Go Launcher when it has so many more downloads? I used Go on my last phone the whole time, had no idea about Nova and Apex.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Wait until you own a phone that's barely a year old yet stuck on a two year old version of the OS, then come talk about why guaranteed/fast updates are a stupid reason to want a phone.

I agree to an extent lol first I think the nexus program is the way to go. But I buy my phones based on what hardware they have and bootloader situations lol nothing more as I hate most stock firmware so I get rid of it asap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
6 updates? Really. Probably just fixes. Usually only one update a year. Even 4.1 to 4.2 isn't much except more bugs. And your lock screen widgets.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Wait until you own a phone that's barely a year old yet stuck on a two year old version of the OS, then come talk about why guaranteed/fast updates are a stupid reason to want a phone.

That wasn't my whole point. If you read the whole post you should of got what I meant.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When the roms start coming out it will get rid of the on screen buttons. Good luck with touch wiz and lack of updates.

Good luck with a cracked back. Everyone said how stupid Apple was to use glass backs on iPhone, but now Nexus Disciples think its great... o_O

I love TouchWiz. Of course I also love SD card slots and LTE. Also Samsung is leaps and bounds ahead of LG.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I love TouchWiz. Of course I also love SD card slots and LTE. Also Samsung is leaps and bounds ahead of LG.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lte is a gimmick yes I have it yes I have an lte phone its just as congested and fast/slow as h+

SD valid argument

Sammy vs lg depends on what parts you talk about just a heads up

Touchwiz blows the big one bloated worthless software overlay.

The only thing your s3 has on my skyrocket is ram and size I saw it as pointless to upgrade to it.

Yes I'm a happy Samsung owner but let's face facts here :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That wasn't my whole point. If you read the whole post you should of got what I meant.
No, I read it. Some of us would like to keep our phones for more than a year, but that's hard to do when your phone is abandoned by its manufacturer after 14 months. Google supports its Nexus phones for at least two years, and the modding community can easily further stretch that. For me, that's a perfectly good reason to like a phone.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with a cracked back. Everyone said how stupid Apple was to use glass backs on iPhone, but now Nexus Disciples think its great... o_O

That couldnt be further from the truth. Having used a GS3 and a N4, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the nexus 4 is a nicer phone. If you have to have LTE and SD cards than the N4 may not be for you but the build quality is superb and the N4 is faster and just great of a phone than the GS3. P.S. touch wiz is a horrid disgusting disgrace, the UI is fugly and it is a downgrade from stock. Saying samsung is leaps and bounds ahead is simply not true. I threw a hard shell case on the N4 and will not have to worry about cracked back. Not ideal but the build design of the phone is beautiful, just very fragile. If i had to chose though I would not put glass on the back.

Is nova really that much better than Apex? I haven't tried it yet, Will probably download it and fiddle with it here and there until I like it more than Apex I suppose.
And why does no one talk about Go Launcher when it has so many more downloads? I used Go on my last phone the whole time, had no idea about Nova and Apex.

Apex and Nova are pretty similar. I personally prefer Nova but have no qualms about using Apex, as long as it isnt the stock touchwiz UI. GO launcher is goofy and ugly. I could care less about the themes and icons etc. Go launcher is tacky and doesn't feel as close to stock android to me. I think the amount of downloads come from its support for versions of android before ICS and from people who and to DL cheesy themes off of the app store (barf)

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Lol OP you really shouldn't be on the internet during your caffeine crashes. Don't blame the N4 for the fact that you're wired. Stop drinking poison!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2