Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Buying Nexus 4 from Google Play store Vs. Buying from Tmobile or retail store ?

Hi all,

I am completely new to this Gogle LG Nexus 4 phone and was planning to buy one online today. Got some basic questions about this phone.

I'm currently a T-Mobile customer in USA. Still in contract until 2014. I have value plan with T-Mobile.

Questions:

1) Is there any difference in buying the Nexus 4 phone from Google Play store Versus buying directly from T-Mobile online/store ?

2) When I buy the nexus 4 online from google play store, will it ask if I need an unlocked phone or a locked phone ?

3) Does the Nexus 4 work for all GSM carriers across the world, if I travel outside USA ?

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Default Re: Buying Nexus 4 from Google Play store Vs. Buying from Tmobile or retail store ?

Welcome to the AC forums

1. No difference
    2. No, it's unlocked only
    3. Yes worldwide GSM device
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Buying Nexus 4 from Google Play store Vs. Buying from Tmobile or retail store ?

Price wise will there be any difference. Buying from google play store Versus Tmobile online/store ?

Quote Originally Posted by vijrtk View Post
    Price wise will there be any difference. Buying from google play store Versus Tmobile online/store ?
    Yes, Tmobile only sells the 16GB version for $499. In the play store you can choose from either 8GB or 16GB for $299 and $349.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Yes Google Play is $299/349 (8 and 16gb) whereas T-Mobile only has the 16gb and it's $499
    You can try to order from GP today starting 3pm est
    That's your best bet
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Is there a limit as how many we can order in google play store ?

Quote Originally Posted by vijrtk View Post
    Is there a limit as how many we can order in google play store ?
    5 was the max last go around. I just want one. So order your five at 3:05pm please.

I called T Mobile and they tell me they only sell contracted phones. True?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

They should be selling them off contract as well

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    You should be able to buy them off contract as well.

The T Mobile website doesn't show the $499 deal. Can I buy one in store?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Correct you have to go to a store for it..

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Yes you can, I bought one the first day they were available without a contract or even a Tmobile phone #.

How can I check local T Mobile inventory

How can I check local T Mobile inventory
    I would like to know this also!!!! Besides calling stores what other options do we have????

None of the T Mobiles around me sell the $499 model. I wonder how long it takes to arrive if I order the 16gb online?
    Last edited by valpd; 11-27-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Yes, but...once you buy an on-contract phone from T-Mobile for $200, you can then pay them $200 more to unlock the phone and let you out of your contract (i think you still owe them 1 month of service).

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Yes, but...once you buy an on-contract phone from T-Mobile for $200, you can then pay them $200 more to unlock the phone and let you out of your contract (i think you still owe them 1 month of service).
    I would rather buy an unlocked phone right away vs dealing with T Mobile and their unlocking wait times/procedures.

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

Quote Originally Posted by greenlantern5 View Post
    I would like to know this also!!!! Besides calling stores what other options do we have????
    That's it, if you want to get an unlocked version from T-Mobile you have to call individual stores.