Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sold out AGAIN!!!

I'm trying to buy a Nexus 4 again and now it says its sold out again after trying to put it in my cart!!!!

Default Re: Sold out AGAIN!!!

Yeah forget Google. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Yeah forget Google. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
    Or people bought them. Since they are selling an $800 phone for $349. Maybe that's why its selling so fast?
    Thanked by:
    nickacs and TheLibertarian like this.

Are you serious? The price has nothing to do with how they are handling this.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

16GB sold out in about 15 minutes. 8GB still showing as available but with a 4-5 weeks shipping estimate.

15 min? Not even...it was about 6. I seen it was available at 3:09...

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Update now it's showing 8GB a sold out and 16GB as in stock but get error when adding to cart.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Please explain with your infinite wisdom on online retail about how you would do it better? It's a popular device with THOUSANDS waiting to get in on it, and it shows in stock now to me.
    Google it.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    16GB sold out in about 15 minutes. 8GB still showing as available but with a 4-5 weeks shipping estimate.
    welcome to the issue with Play store.. one minute it says one thing another minute it says something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Please explain with your infinite wisdom on online retail about how you would do it better? It's a popular device with THOUSANDS waiting to get in on it, and it shows in stock now to me.
    I was there the moment it turned to IN STOCK. I have been unable to check out. Errors after errors.

Please bring Amazon to the play store. Let them do the selling!!
    Thanked by 2:
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

16 Gb Ships in 1 - 2 weeks.
    8 Gb Ships in 4 - 5 weeks.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Finally got it to work. Good luck rest of you!!!!

Btw I just kept nailing the proceed button nonstop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WeNeedCupCakes View Post
    I'm trying to buy a Nexus 4 again and now it says its sold out again after trying to put it in my cart!!!!
    You should have stuck with it. It did the same thing to me (it varied between saying it was sold out, saying it was removed from my cart and saying there was some unknown error), so I retried it 17 times! Finally purchased one on the 17th try.

Had a 16 GB in my cart since 11/13 that for some reason showed as "Cancelled" today when I logged into the Play Store to check on shipping. So, also got the email about being back on sale and had one in my cart now since 3:03 PM EST 12:03 PST but unable to check out, continue to get error messages stating "Due to high demand, your order could not be processed. Please try again." I continue to hit the proceed button with no success.

If it doesn't manage to work this time around with all the issues over the past few weeks I am done. Will come back in the Spring and try once the demand is down and maybe Google has the servers in place to process my order.
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Really? *facepalm*

Also, not sure where you're getting the idea it sold out in 15 minutes or less.... just went through for me, no refresh, on my first try, using my phone.

On Google Play: "Google Play is currently experiencing very high traffic. Nexus 4 is not sold out and will still be available for purchase. Please try again shortly. Thank you for your patience."

clayjohn, I've been trying to check out for over an hour now. It won't go past the cart. I've never seen the checkout page. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it worked for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by redfoxdude View Post
    clayjohn, I've been trying to check out for over an hour now. It won't go past the cart. I've never seen the checkout page. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it worked for everyone else.
    I'm aware what a mess this is, my point was that it is not sold out... because it's not. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Really? *facepalm*

Also, not sure where you're getting the idea it sold out in 15 minutes or less.... just went through for me, no refresh, on my first try, using my phone.
    Yeah I'm serious. The price is why everyone wants it. Has nothing to do with how they are handling it.

Yeah I'm serious. The price is why everyone wants it. Has nothing to do with how they are handling it.
    The price has everything to do with the traffic to the site. As Ziptied asked (and you ignored), please tell all of us your superior plan to handle this dilemma. Or, better yet, create another thread about it.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Guys, assortment it's NOT sold out yet! I just went to check on a the bumpers and at the top of my screen Google officially starts they are having problems but the Nexus 4 is NOT sold out (yet)!!!
    Sold out AGAIN!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1354053930042.jpg

There's still a ray of hope. Keep trying and pray you get your order through.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I have been able to see both 8 & 16 gb since they have went back on sale. Both still available for purchase. 8 gb says will ship 4-5 weeks but 16gb still says 1-2!

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Im guessing traffic will die down and tomorrow's buyers will have an easier time. Sort of the same thing Apple goes through. Website's can only handle so much traffic until they fail. I'm glad its so popular, Google will continue making better and better nexi's.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.4(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5, ONE+64GB N7(4.4.4) AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

I bought one around 5:20PM PST and got a confirmation email. At first I was able to add it into my cart but not process to checkout but I kept refreshing line a madman and then did the tab>enter trick for a few minutes and it went though.

Anybody moaning about Google should spend their money elsewhere

I was just messing around and it seems right now its pretty easy to buy. Unfortunately, it shows 7-8 weeks for 8GB and 2-3 weeks for 16GB.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast