1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default notification pop-up when phone on standby?

HI guys, looked for a while, there is a heck of a lot of settings/options... but is there a way to make the notification (ie. email or text) pop up briefly on the screen when the phone is in standby mode? Like an iphone can do which is an AWESOME feature so I dont have to unlock the phone to see what the message is?

thanks!

Default Re: notification pop-up when phone on standby?

In Google Talk that is an option now with android 4.2 Talk>Menu> (three buttons top right is the universal android "menu" button)>Settings>IM Notifications>Open Dialog

For SMS there are a lot of third party apps like Handscent ( .) that allow you to have the pop up as well.

For Email, if you use the Gmail App you only get notifications on the notification bar, the same goes for google voice if you are using it for SMS.

I usually just go with the notification light blinking and knowing I have some kind of message. Hope this helps
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks,

so basically, I will have to get an app to make the notifications pop up while the phone is on standby? strange why they didnt put in the feature

Try .
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lochtide View Post
    thanks,

so basically, I will have to get an app to make the notifications pop up while the phone is on standby? strange why they didnt put in the feature
    The great thing about Android is you can put in the features you want. You really get to make these phones your own. Ragnarokx just listed that great popup app, I had not seen that but it is a great option. Another app you should check out if you don't want your screen to always turn on is which lets you change the blinking LED to whatever color you would like for each different kind of notification your phone has.