Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Default Re: -------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)-------

Am afraid your right, I think some of the new batches that were maid were the test devices are likely to have some problems, My phone shows good statistics of usage but the battery does seem to drain. Am gonna use it for a few days and then maybe contact Google, as you said nothing to loose On the whole a great piece of kit, tremendously fast, great features. A winner overall.

I switched from the Galaxy Nexus GSM with larger battery and back. It had very, very good battery life. This new Nexus 4 is disappointing. Sucks because EVERYTHING else about this phone is stellar, screen size (slightly larger width, camera, screen, screen screen).

5:30am - 4:30pm
    Screen at 25% birghtness all day
    Mobile network connection 9 hours
    WiFi 2 hours
    Web browsing all day
    Facebook all day
    Downloaded 2 or 3 apps
    watched a couple Youtube videos
    captured a few pictures
    Played 10 minutes of trials bike
    30 minutes of music from Play Music
    15 minutes of music from Pandora

Pretty decent imo

I had an initial "Not charging "issue - A hard reset didn't fix it but it "Healed "itself after going down to 5% and getting the warning. Battery life seems awful so far . Great site and I will try Gsam battery monitor and turn screen down to 15%. I carry this everywhere--POWERTRIP with 16 Gig --http://www.powerstick.com/microsite/products/powertrip/

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mazariegos View Post
    Get the Note 2 lol,

I'm getting 6 hours of screen on time!

Just so you know, I returned my Nexus 4 to Google because of the battery life and lackluster cam.
    how you returned it? did they give full refund?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #306  

I did end up selling my Nexus 4. I couldn't deal with 3 hours of screen time and the phone not lasting past 7 pm. I know it's off topic but I bought an iPhone 5 and couldn't be happier. Easily get 6-7 hours of screen time on HSPA+ and today I got 8.5 on Wi-Fi. My Nexus 4 will be missed though.

I got 10+ hours of streaming through google music/wtfpod and stitcher today. about 2 hours of screen on, everything set to sync immediately and some texting back and forth. phone was off the charger since 10am, just now at 14%.

I don't understand how you can complain about that. I also don't believe this 6-7 hour screen on time. If I try to use my nexus 4 as much as possible all day I couldn't even manage to find 6 hours to use the screen.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #308  

Quote Originally Posted by severinj View Post
    I got 10+ hours of streaming through google music/wtfpod and stitcher today. about 2 hours of screen on, everything set to sync immediately and some texting back and forth. phone was off the charger since 10am, just now at 14%.

I don't understand how you can complain about that. I also don't believe this 6-7 hour screen on time. If I try to use my nexus 4 as much as possible all day I couldn't even manage to find 6 hours to use the screen.
    Are you referring to my post?

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz55 View Post
    Are you referring to my post?
    Partly. I don't understand your motives either - You insisted something was wrong with your Nexus 4, your battery life was sketchy and bad, and your choice was to just get rid of it. Google has been saving stock specifically for exchanges for issues like you have listed. You continued to complain about it, and sorry if I got this wrong, but it seems like you never actually did anything about it. My phone lasts all day with no issues at all and heavy streaming. The 3500mah battery on my HTC G2 lasted about the same amount of time with the same amount of streaming/internet usage on 2.3.

This entire thread seems like it was created with a purpose in mind, yet the purpose didn't seem to be to get your phone replaced with a properly working one. Again, I am not trying to act like this is a conspiracy or anything, but it seems like you couldn't help but to jump to an entirely different phone instead of getting a working one.
    badbrad17 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #310  

Quote Originally Posted by severinj View Post
    Partly. I don't understand your motives either - You insisted something was wrong with your Nexus 4, your battery life was sketchy and bad, and your choice was to just get rid of it. Google has been saving stock specifically for exchanges for issues like you have listed. You continued to complain about it, and sorry if I got this wrong, but it seems like you never actually did anything about it. My phone lasts all day with no issues at all and heavy streaming. The 3500mah battery on my HTC G2 lasted about the same amount of time with the same amount of streaming/internet usage on 2.3.

This entire thread seems like it was created with a purpose in mind, yet the purpose didn't seem to be to get your phone replaced with a properly working one. Again, I am not trying to act like this is a conspiracy or anything, but it seems like you couldn't help but to jump to an entirely different phone instead of getting a working one.
    Not gonna go through that hassle of shipping it then waiting to get a new one and then that battery sucks too. Why should I? I paid hard earned money for a device, it should work the FIRST time I obtain it. I tried with the Galaxy S3 (battery sucked, I returned it) then I got the Nexus 4 (same thing). And I did try to do something about it. That's why I created this thread? To see what I was doing wrong and to obtain suggestions. I had the phone for about 3 weeks total, not like I sold it 2 days after buying it? And I'm more than happy with my iPhone. Amazing battery life with 6-7 hr screen time. Exactly what I need. That's just my personal preference. Android still holds a spot in my heart but for now, I'll be sticking with the iPhone.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I feel like my Nexus burns through more battery while idle than my iPhone 4 did... but I'm getting the hang of Android and learning how to better manage the battery life now. 5 hours and 40 minutes of screen time seems pretty good, I just wish I could have less idle drain. I uninstalled Facebook which was causing my battery to drain with an always-on GPS connection and switched most apps to update very infrequently, such as Exchange, Gmail, NY Times, etc. because it's just as easy to manually update when I launch them. Overall, battery life management on Android is more of a PITA than iOS but it's not overwhelming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)--------uploadfromtaptalk1355917208463.jpg   -------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)--------uploadfromtaptalk1355917218944.jpg   -------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)--------uploadfromtaptalk1355917235485.jpg  

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

Default -------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)-------

I used to get 24 hours between charges on my old iPhone 4. How much did you get on your 4?

Sent from my iPhone 7
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #313  

Quote Originally Posted by skibbs View Post
    I feel like my Nexus burns through more battery while idle than my iPhone 4 did... but I'm getting the hang of Android and learning how to better manage the battery life now. 5 hours and 40 minutes of screen time seems pretty good, I just wish I could have less idle drain. I uninstalled Facebook which was causing my battery to drain with an always-on GPS connection and switched most apps to update very infrequently, such as Exchange, Gmail, NY Times, etc. because it's just as easy to manually update when I launch them. Overall, battery life management on Android is more of a PITA than iOS but it's not overwhelming.

This is insane. My Nexus would go nowhere near this territory. 3.5 was the absolute max I could achieve before it died. And you're completely right about the battery management. With my iPhone I can just naturally use my phone without having to monitor its use and I know I'll finish the day with 30%. When I had my Nexus I constantly had to baby it throughout the day.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

iOS is just better at managing power. It kills apps better than Android. It's unfortunate that manufacturers are not taking the lead that Motorola and the Note 2 have. I will have my Nexus 4 tomorrow so am hoping to see better battery than my Samsung GS2. I also ordered a portable Anker battery pack to use for long trips and power emergencies.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I get 4+ hours screen on time... Delete facebook, disable currents, and unchecked location reporting. Before I did these things I would be lucky to get 3 hours.

Life is about compromises ..... If having an all day battery on a single charge is THE most important consideration for you, this is likely not the right phone for you.

nickacs likes this.

Someone mentioned this app in reddit...
    Review for it have been well also.

I switched from the iPhone 4 to the Nexus 4 and I love every aspect of the Nexus except for the battery life. I really don't think it's as much a problem of the Nexus 4 as it was just a truly "magical" battery and battery management in the iPhone. I never worried about my iPhone's battery and I used it constantly and hardly ever charged it. I'm charging my Nexus more than I use it, kinda sucks but I still love it.
    I was jogging tonight, listening to music and using mapmyrun. 6 minutes into my run I got an 11% battery warning, 3 minutes later I got 2% battery warning and 1 minute later it shut down. I've run with iPhones for the past 4 years and I never had one shut down during a run.
    If battery life is your #1 concern buy an iPhone. I'll just make sure my Nexus is at 50% before I go jogging, or I'll carry a portable charger. I'm not going to set my screen on dim however, makes no sense to have a phone that you can't see.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Last nite when I wnet to bed I had 65% battery. When I wake up 8 hours later I have 30% battery. How does a phone loose that much battery while the screen is off!?

Quote Originally Posted by hawgs911 View Post
    Last nite when I wnet to bed I had 65% battery. When I wake up 8 hours later I have 30% battery. How does a phone loose that much battery while the screen is off!?
    Apps run in the background.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Galaxy S3 w/ Hyperion 4200mah and Seidio battery cover & ZeroLemon 7000mah

If you want great battery life, like 4 days light use, get franco.Kernel have to be rooted. He even has a play store app that will do configuration for you.
    This is NOT a battery saver app, it's a totally new kernel, the "software" the cpu runs on. It changes the way the phone operating system runs. All the "advanced" "tricked out" phone users change the kernel for lots more battery life.

The official place is for discussing it is.

It has Views: 1,050,955
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.

-------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)--------uploadfromtaptalk1359065928005.jpg

-------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)--------uploadfromtaptalk1359065946021.jpg

Definitely recommend Francis Kernel. I haven't used the phone much today but when my screens off I get 1% discharge an hour. Screen brightness on auto, 3G on, WiFi on, only thing I've turned off is Google Now.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiesui View Post
    That reminds me, are there any special procedures you need to do with the Nexus 4 to prolong battery life? As in, do you have to do any of that "charge for like 10 hours and then drain completely" stuff?
    Not with a moderm Li-ion battery. They don't suffer with memory loss like old cells.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    Definitely recommend Francis Kernel. I haven't used the phone much today but when my screens off I get 1% discharge an hour. Screen brightness on auto, 3G on, WiFi on, only thing I've turned off is Google Now.

I think that kernel is used for the AOKP build 2 ROM? I'm also getting great battery life out of the phone now too.

Before, it just used to die very quickly when web browsing and I would be lucky to get 2 hours screen time before it'd go flat, now I'm getting over 3 hours easily, nearing 4hrs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hi just got my phone and it's great but a curse at the same time cuz I'm super paranoid when it comes to preserving the battery.

I was wondering why the models differ and if I use a charger that did NOT come with my phone (I used a charger that my friend got with their nexus 4 phone) will it damage it? I'm just worried cuz it took a while to reach 100% when I used my friend's charger. My model is mcs-01wd and my friend's is mcs-01wr. The specs are the same. The user guide says "only use the travel adapter that came with your phone or else a different one may damage it" can someone ease my worries? Lol. Thanks!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast