Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415
Like Tree61Likes

Default Re: -------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)-------

I've never had any probs with battery on nexus 4 so far. Easily has lasted me the day. I try to wait until I get home before playing games on it . I browse a lot during the day, its handling is superb

I'm seeing a lot of improvement in the battery since I got the phone two weeks ago. Either I'm fiddling with the phone less and/or the battery is settling. Didn't I read somewhere that it takes some time for the o/s to calibrate the running time of each battery before it can accurately report how much juice is left?

If you've only had your n4 a few days I would be patient before going crazy over your battery!

I use most of the tricks listed in this thread, but I don't have my screen brightness set to auto (I figure that uses a bit of juice) so I set mine to a couple of pips above the lowest setting. Oh, and a setting in WiFi somewhere that "optimises WiFi to save battery": not sure if that's enabled by default.

I'm often still using my phone at 1 in the morning with 10% or so juice to spare...

Today my fifth full day with my new Nexus 4, like I said been getting pretty darn good battery life each day, around 15 hours total battery life and 5h On Screen time.

Well was surprised to see the red alert battery life go off at 5:00pm today, unplugged off the charge at 7:00am. This was the first time the battery light went off so early in the day, the past four days, it was good until 10:00pm.

I know I used the phone a crazy amount today, was on it non stop, tons of phone calls, million texts, lots of e-mails, and surf the web quite a bit today too. I checked the usage just now, and my On Screen time was at 5h 30m already Total time off charger 10h 20m.

So basically the Nexus 4 for me, tops out around a little more than 5h On Screen time, before going to red alert. That is still much better than my previous Galaxy Nexus, and little better than my old international HTC One X. Not too bad to get 10.5 hours total usage on a very heavy workday.
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07

some tips that helped me, turn mobitel data OFF when u dont need it, you will still receive calls and sms, but wont be able to surf and stuff

and also in advanced wifi settings, keep wifi on during sleep - Never.

those tips may be here in this topic already, but for those who have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by mamutarka View Post
    some tips that helped me, turn mobitel data OFF when u dont need it, you will still receive calls and sms, but wont be able to surf and stuff

and also in advanced wifi settings, keep wifi on during sleep - Never.

those tips may be here in this topic already, but for those who have missed it.
    Thanks, but when I do that, it says data usage will increase. Wouldn't that be harder on the battery ?
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07

that't exactly what I was wondering too, but I think it means, when phone is on sleep and you receive something on facebook or whatsapp, It will use mobile data instead of wifi

so can someone confirm this or explain how to put this wifi option, always, or never?

after 6 days of using this phone, here is my battery

so, for me, 1 hour of screen takes 20% of battery

5 hours screen = 100% battery

Im cool with that I guess..

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamutarka View Post
    after 6 days of using this phone, here is my battery

so, for me, 1 hour of screen takes 20% of battery

5 hours screen = 100% battery

Im cool with that I guess..
    looks good

about to pull the trigger on a N4 again (I had a release day dog of a N4, 1% minute screen on = 1% battery)

this has settled me on getting the N4 again.

It's been a couple of days since I got the Nexus 4 and while I absolutely love it I'm having a nightmarish time figuring out how to keep the phone's battery alive.
    After reading numerous threads on Android Central I was able to fix most issues except one: the Gmail app continues to drain my battery. This afternoon it was 77% of my battery with everything else under 5%. I thought getting the paid version of JuiceDefender would help resolve this but it hasn't. This is weird because I just noticed that JuiceDefender also stopped email push into Gmail. So I can't figure out why gmail is still gobbling up my battery. I would really appreciate any advice or insight you guys can offer. As of this moment, I just uninstalled JuiceDefender, am charging my phone again and still cant get Gmail to work.

Actually finding the battery alot better on my new Nexus 4 compared to other phones I've had.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz55 View Post
    I paid hard earned money for a device, it should work the FIRST time I obtain
    Yes, and we should have world peace as well.

This is ridiculous. Doesn't matter which phone you love or hate, every smartphone ever released has had problems, either generic ones that get fixed with OS updates or else isolated problems with individual production runs.

My first N4 was a bit unstable. I was extremely impressed that when I called Google, the guy basically didn't even ask me any questions, he just said 'here's your RMA'.

By the way, my battery life on the N4 isn't quite what I got on the iPhone, but it lasts a day with 4+ hours screen time and that's fine with me.

Now if I could only figure out why my Gmail push is intermittent...

Tried another Kernel? I recommend Franco.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mset View Post
    My first N4 was a bit unstable. I was extremely impressed that when I called Google, the guy basically didn't even ask me any questions, he just said 'here's your RMA'.
    I finally called up Google as well about the battery life (and signal strength issues) and was surprised how quickly they said they would just RMA it. All they suggested as a factory reset and after telling them I had done that it was RMA and that was that.

The new one is a bit better in that regard as I think it hunts better for a stronger signal which is causing the battery to drain less.

my n4 is also not that good battery wise. the screen drains my battery!
    it is set on very low brightness and it turns off after 1 min of non use.
    this screen shot is after 9 hours of use, with 1 hour and 47 min screen time. (damn how do i upload the photos?)

please take a look at the photos and help me, this doesn't look normal to me,

thanks
    Last edited by Orr Hazout; 05-24-2013 at 10:29 AM.

I cant understand this language
    Orr Hazout likes this.

haha...this is the translation:
    the battery is on for 9 hours since i last charged.
    I have 44% battery left.
    the screen time is 1 hour and 47 min. and it says it uses 45%.

the screen is always around 45-50% for me. and i think it drains the battery real fast, i don't know how people get 5 hours with it.

3.5-5 hours of screen time? I HATE YOU ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Orr Hazout View Post
    haha...this is the translation:
    the battery is on for 9 hours since i last charged.
    I have 44% battery left.
    the screen time is 1 hour and 47 min. and it says it uses 45%.

the screen is always around 45-50% for me. and i think it drains the battery real fast, i don't know how people get 5 hours with it.
    I can get 5-6 hours on stock phone, but I must be on wifi. Screen uses the most battery yes..thats normal

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

im getting 2.5 - 3.5 hours screen time. 8-15 hours total unplugged. i have the snapdragon battery guru disabling almost everything. i dont play games, i just need my phone for email, calls, twitter, messaging and browsing but my biggest issue is I need my phone away from the charger for a lot longer than 15 hours unplugged. other battery apps dont work. Next android phone that can give me 8+ hours of screen time, 30+ hours unplugged gets my money

Pretty satisfied, all stock.

Kept the pedal down on it today. Only nine hours, but got six hours of screen time. -------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)--------uploadfromtaptalk1369709686055.jpg-------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)--------uploadfromtaptalk1369709697796.jpg-------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)--------uploadfromtaptalk1369709708849.jpg

And one thing I would like to say, my battery drains A LOT when it is at 20%, so:

100%->80%=1h15min
    20%->0%=much more lower time, lets say half an hour

Dont know why is that so, but it bothers me

Had my Nexus 4 for 6 days now and just love it. Get good battery life out of it

Nexus 4 w/CyanogenMod 10.1 RC2

hey yes i am also facing same problem exactly same problem but my screen time was 1hr 35min wen my battery was 2% alive
    mine is more horrible den urs!
    mine also battery goes down from 98% to 95% if i use net(3G) within no time...!!
    is this normal...???
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415