- 159 Posts
New to Android, moving from iPod Touch to Nexus 4 - NEED HELP
i just purchased a nexus 4, it should arrive in 1-2 weeks supposedly. i'm completely new to android and i just have two simple question.
1) on my jailbroken ipod touch 4g, i installed activator. this basically let's me set up my hardware button to do certain features. for example, i set up my volume buttons in such a that that holding down the volume up plays next track and pressing and holding down volume down plays previous track. is there any way for me to do this with the volume buttons on the nexus 4 ?
2) does installing custom roms delete everything on my device?
Last edited by jinjin12; 11-28-2012 at 11:24 AM.
- 11-29-2012, 02:39 AM #2
Re: NEw to android, moving from ipod touch to nexus 4 - NEED HELP
lots of custom roms can take care of number 1
number 2 is trickier. If you root (jailbreak) you can backup your data and everything, then restore it after you install a ROM. Initially though you will have to do a full wipe. this will ensure a clean installation of the ROM. I use Mybackup pro to do all my backups and restores.
- By Jim1348 in forum General Android Device ChatReplies: 29Last Post: 10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
- By tkm20 in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 4Last Post: 06-10-2011, 10:32 AM
- By jameswest777 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-17-2011, 07:26 PM
- By tbizzy1985 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 01-19-2011, 02:52 PM
- By rsxtcy4me in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 15Last Post: 12-12-2010, 06:39 PM