Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

I called UPS for other shipping related issues. Being in NYC receiving a package from UPS is always a nightmare. The expected delivery was a secondary concern to me. Just keeping you guys updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Exergy View Post
    I called UPS for other shipping related issues. Being in NYC receiving a package from UPS is always a nightmare. The expected delivery was a secondary concern to me. Just keeping you guys updated.
    What did they say?

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 17veen View Post
    What did they say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exergy View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I just called UPS because I was curious what was going on and when it will actually be here. My tracking hasn't updated but it says the expected delivery date is Monday. The operator told me that this probably isn't true because from what she could tell UPS doesn't even have the package yet. The expected delivery date was estimated back on the creation of the label. Anyway, it's not great news since it seems like it won't be coming as quickly as we thought. If the UPS agent is right, what is Google doing?!?!

My 16GB order went through at 6:05:18 PM EST and I've had no status change (still "pending"). My window did change from "1-2 weeks" when I first had it in my cart, to "2-3 weeks" once it was finally submitted. This estimate is not on my receipt, but it does seem like I'll be waiting another week for shipping.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Calm down, guys. UPS's tracking system is totally a POS. It takes forever to update, and sometimes doesn't update until a few hours before delivery. I wish Google would use FedEx.
    ExpiredGrammar likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slask View Post
    Calm down, guys. UPS's tracking system is totally a POS. It takes forever to update, and sometimes doesn't update until a few hours before delivery. I wish Google would use FedEx.
    i always thought UPS was better than FedEx...

Order placed 2-3 weeks 7pm EST
    Google has received you order
    Had 10 tabs open when it started again and refreshed them until they got in my cart and then refreshed until my shipping order was entered.
    Worth it

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

FedEx is awesome. Tracking updates are almost instantaneous, and I've never had a single problem.

Nov 27 Google Inc. received your order.
    Nov 27 You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 27. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to [EMAIL]

Order Date: November 27, 2012 4:57:17 PM UTC-8
    Order Number: **********************************

Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play. $349.00
    Shipping (Two Day): $13.99
    Tax: $28.27
    Total: $391.26
    -----------------------------------
    Nov 27: I had the $391.26 pending charge showing on my bank account
    Dec 02: The $391.26 charge has disappeared, and no charges from google present
    I assume I will be charged when they are ready to ship it

just like everyone else... Order status has still not changed.... it was 2-3 week shipping window if I remember correctly

That is my confusion too, I emailed Google to see if they know what it is, but they have not given me a reply yet.

I get paranoid when I cannot track my shipped packages, even if it is something cheap like a adapter, so this is bugging me lol, although I am glad it did ship of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis89 View Post
    Just another clustereff. We paid for two day shipping, and they've notified us (some of us) that it has shipped. If we don't get it within two business days of the shipping notification we have every right to complain, right? I'm not mad really, as this is earlier than I expected anyways, but they have notified us it has shipped..and we paid for 2 day shipping..so..
    Yes, and if you complain enough, Google may waive the shipping fee, that is what I am going to do if I do not get mine by Tuesday, get my $15 back, if I'm forced to pay for 2-day guaranteed, then I want the 2 day guaranteed delivery after shipping.

But when I get a notification that it has shipped, I get very paranoid about tracking it, and when I can't track it, it annoys me, I am happy it shipped at all of course, but I cannot help but get annoyed at what is going on.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

I do wish Google would use FedEx, but UPS is generally much less expensive and most companies tend to ship items UPS if time is not critical.

My employer kicked UPS to the curb a few years ago after dealing with a few nightmares where packages were lost/destroyed and a few time miss delivered.

FedEx has been spot on and even gone out of their way to make a delivery on-time even though we got the package late to them.

Their Custom Critical Group is nothing short of amazing and has been a breeze to deal with, but that does come at a price, since switching to FedEx our shipping expenses have increased.

It comes down to you get what you pay for, like most things in life.

On-topic, UPS still shows my N4 as having a label created and nothing more.

Dan

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    Ugh! Mine went through 6 minutes after yours and I still have yet to get anything .... its killing me lol. It also makes no sense
    Mine went through exactly the same time as yours. Still no shipping

Quote Originally Posted by AppsLasVegas View Post
    Nov 27 Google Inc. received your order.
    Nov 27 You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 27. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to [EMAIL]

Order Date: November 27, 2012 4:57:17 PM UTC-8
    Order Number: **********************************

Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play. $349.00
    Shipping (Two Day): $13.99
    Tax: $28.27
    Total: $391.26
    -----------------------------------
    Nov 27: I had the $391.26 pending charge showing on my bank account
    Dec 02: The $391.26 charge has disappeared, and no charges from google present
    I assume I will be charged when they are ready to ship it

just like everyone else... Order status has still not changed.... it was 2-3 week shipping window if I remember correctly

yup my charge vanished to ... called google. .. they said that they put the money back :/ .. and will charge when shipped.Also told me to make sure the money is in my account when they do charge the card. Cant understand why couldn't they just keep it pending.

ROM
    Build JR003E

I share in what many of you are experiencing. Here is what I have so far.

BEGIN
    1st Email from Google on Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    Thank you.
    You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Order number: XXXX...
    Order date: Nov 27, 2012 3:37:22 PM EST
    Payment method: XXX...

2nd Email from Google on Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:07 AM:
    Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS #XXXX... Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.
    Order date: Nov 27, 2012 12:37:22 PM PST
    Payment method: XXXX...

UPS:
    A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
    Label Created On:
    11/29/2012
    END

Google billed my credit card on 11/27/12, which according to their own admission it shipped on the same day (i.e., "You will not be charged until your order has shipped."). Theoretically, even if I gave them an extra day, the phone should have arrived on Friday or Saturday. That said, I was given a 1-2 week lead time so I am not going to complain; I will take it farther than that, I am one of the few who were able to get through the transaction, get a tracking number and, finally, will receive a phone soon. I remember sitting on the site for 40 minutes using various methods: ranging from the simplest (repetitive clicking) to the more advanced (multiple-tab approach). When I got past the flurry of inconsistent screens (e.g., full cart, empty cart, full cart, etc.) and into the actual secured transaction screen I felt like I had won the lottery—it was exhilarating to say the least. For those that did not get through, came late or did not get in at all—my condolences.
    cynicist likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rsenator View Post
    I remember sitting on the site for 40 minutes using various methods: ranging from the simplest (repetitive clicking) to the more advanced (multiple-tab approach). When I got past the flurry of inconsistent screens (e.g., full cart, empty cart, full cart, etc.) and into the actual secured transaction screen I felt like I had won the lottery—it was exhilarating to say the least.
    lol same exact thing for me although it took me 50 min, but who's counting? i remember happy dancing when i got my order through lol

What don't you guys understand about this?!?! When the "charge" first appears, that's to see if it's there. You weren't actually charged. That "charge" will disappear and come back only after they actually send it. So when you seen the first one they didn't actually charge and ship it...so it wasn't "by their own admission" shipped cause it wasn't actually charged. So until it is actually late, stop calling every company involved and asking where your phone is. Chill out!!

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    How do you know your towards the end?
    I'm assuming because I didn't think the order went through so I made another order about 5 minutes later and the shipping changed to 4-5 weeks on the second order.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    What don't you guys understand about this?!?! When the "charge" first appears, that's to see if it's there. You weren't actually charged. That "charge" will disappear and come back only after they actually send it. So when you seen the first one they didn't actually charge and ship it...so it wasn't "by their own admission" shipped cause it wasn't actually charged. So until it is actually late, stop calling every company involved and asking where your phone is. Chill out!!
    i was just agreeing with him i had a similar experience buying the phone and was happy after i got my order in. i already knew about what you just said. thats why i only quoted part of his post.

haha same exact thing that has happened with me
    Quote Originally Posted by rsenator View Post
    I share in what many of you are experiencing. Here is what I have so far.

BEGIN
    1st Email from Google on Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    Thank you.
    You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Order date: Nov 27, 2012 3:37:22 PM EST
    Payment method: XXX...

2nd Email from Google on Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:07 AM:
    Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS #XXXX... Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.
    Order date: Nov 27, 2012 12:37:22 PM PST
    Payment method: XXXX...

UPS:
    A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
    Label Created On:
    11/29/2012
    END

Google billed my credit card on 11/27/12, which according to their own admission it shipped on the same day (i.e., "You will not be charged until your order has shipped."). Theoretically, even if I gave them an extra day, the phone should have arrived on Friday or Saturday. That said, I was given a 1-2 week lead time so I am not going to complain; I will take it farther than that, I am one of the few who were able to get through the transaction, get a tracking number and, finally, will receive a phone soon. I remember sitting on the site for 40 minutes using various methods: ranging from the simplest (repetitive clicking) to the more advanced (multiple-tab approach). When I got past the flurry of inconsistent screens (e.g., full cart, empty cart, full cart, etc.) and into the actual secured transaction screen I felt like I had won the lottery—it was exhilarating to say the least. For those that did not get through, came late or did not get in at all—my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    I think it has to do with what time you actually checked out. Cause as of now everyone who got shipping emails checked out before me. Nothing to do with how long it was in your cart seeing how they don't process until you actually check out. Btw what's up with all the ... And.....and..... Periods in your post?
    I read on someones email post with Google CSR that they are going by when you got your confirmation email. Which depending on how busy Google was could be in any order irrelevant of when you ordered. Which pretty much sounds like the way it appears to be working.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

Quote Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
    Everything is amazing and no one is happy

Start at 2:15 -

Everyone relax lol. LMAO at the person calling UPS.

It will arrive! I promise! Live your lives!
    Everything in that video is absolutely true. I loved it. Thanks for sharing.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

Kinda late or early. But the only new development on my end is that my credit card has now been fully charged and is not pending anymore. Was pending since about last friday, same day i got the shipping email on 30th @3:05cst. I ordered on 27th @3:10. But i saw a few others who posted that the $389 charge and then they was a seperate $1.00 charge. I don't understand the dollar charge but my total was $389. If, after I recieve my phone, and the charge for $1.00 is still there, I will be tryin to figure that out. But that dollar charge is still pending though.
    Also UPS just says shipping label created, nothing new there

When I ordered, my confirmation e-mail stated 2-3 weeks, now Google Play is saying 5-6 weeks?! UGH, I'm not in dire need like some others being an S3 user but I was hoping to possibly get this device Christmas week, that would make this a Merry Christmas! :P
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast