Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by tejasoffroad View Post
    Kinda late or early. But the only new development on my end is that my credit card has now been fully charged and is not pending anymore. Was pending since about last friday, same day i got the shipping email on 30th @3:05cst. I ordered on 27th @3:10. But i saw a few others who posted that the $389 charge and then they was a seperate $1.00 charge. I don't understand the dollar charge but my total was $389. If, after I recieve my phone, and the charge for $1.00 is still there, I will be tryin to figure that out. But that dollar charge is still pending though.
    Also UPS just says shipping label created, nothing new there
    The $1 charge is Google's way of checking that the card is authentic. It should disappear in a couple of days.

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

I am slightly frustrated by the lack of any status change on the shipping of my Nexus 4 (I know, first world problems), but I am unsure of who to blame.

I want to blame UPS, as I really dislike them as a company, but it just could be as easily Google who has again screwed up the shipping order/shipping process.

I would be curious to hear from those who had their N4s shipped from the first round, did it originate in Louisville, KY, UPS largest hub or somewhere else. It would be of great help in determining who to blame on the lack of updates since the label was created.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan1431 View Post
    I am slightly frustrated by the lack of any status change on the shipping of my Nexus 4 (I know, first world problems), but I am unsure of who to blame.

I want to blame UPS, as I really dislike them as a company, but it just could be as easily Google who has again screwed up the shipping order/shipping process.

I would be curious to hear from those who had their N4s shipped from the first round, did it originate in Louisville, KY, UPS largest hub or somewhere else. It would be of great help in determining who to blame on the lack of updates since the label was created.

Dan
    No. You could just sit back and be patient. My God! It's not even late yet. They went on sale again sooner than anyone thought and they've started shipping sooner than they said. Chill out bro!

ROM
    Build JR003E

ROM
    Build JR003E

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    What don't you guys understand about this?!?! When the "charge" first appears, that's to see if it's there. You weren't actually charged. That "charge" will disappear and come back only after they actually send it. So when you seen the first one they didn't actually charge and ship it...so it wasn't "by their own admission" shipped cause it wasn't actually charged. So until it is actually late, stop calling every company involved and asking where your phone is. Chill out!!
    First, that "disappearing" act that you so vehemently defend has yet to occur; another way of saying it is, it is not a pending charge. The charge has remained on my card since 11/27 and, like all other charges before and after it, I intend to pay them when the cycle ends.

Second, and this is definitely part of the online component of communicating, your tone and tact is offensive at worst and irritating at best. I am cool and, as I stated, I am sticking with the 1-2 week lead time I was provided during the transaction. If you are unsure as to what I am referring please check your use of punctuation (i.e., "...?!?!").

I have another package (not related to google) that departed from Louisville on 11/30 with full updates from UPS. With arrival in Minneapolis and out for delivery this morning.

The pending charge on my debit card for the nexus 4 went away Saturday...and still no update on tracking other than, "shipping label has been created"...just gonna wait it out and see what happens today. might call if no new information by Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by shea-bird View Post
    The pending charge on my debit card for the nexus 4 went away Saturday...and still no update on tracking other than, "shipping label has been created"...just gonna wait it out and see what happens today. might call if no new information by Wednesday.
    Yep - same here.

It seems they have created these labels prematurely to actually having these phones ready to ship out. Not sure the reason for that. Could be anything from wanting to get your money in the bank asap, to stolen goods, to a return to the factory for some reason, to UPS inept at reporting this mass shipment, to Google just trying to make it seem like they are on the ball and shipping things suddenly very quickly but not really?

What do you mean by disappeared. Was it charged or the transaction is all gone?

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    Yep - same here.

It seems they have created these labels prematurely to actually having these phones ready to ship out. Not sure the reason for that. Could be anything from wanting to get your money in the bank asap, to stolen goods, to a return to the factory for some reason, to UPS inept at reporting this mass shipment, to Google just trying to make it seem like they are on the ball and shipping things suddenly very quickly but not really?
    I really feel like you hit that one on the ball, I feel that they just created those labels to make you think they are actually getting things done in terms of shipping at this week. Probably just want you to think UPS is screwing up or something.. idk but i really want this phone to come in already. It's been on 2-day air for like 4 days with no change.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Google is currently quite stupid at selling stuff. We who ordered (or even tried to order) this phone know that quite well. I think that right there adequately explains the odd (lack of) shipping information, so there's no need to spin conspiracies.
    zen2go, DogPsyche and minnemike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseu View Post
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Google is currently quite stupid at selling stuff. We who ordered (or even tried to order) this phone know that quite well. I think that right there adequately explains the odd (lack of) shipping information, so there's no need to spin conspiracies.

You are most likely correct, but sometimes these conspiracies can take on a power of their own and maybe even get Google to respond to them to debunk them. LOL

Global Posts
    1,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

I wonder if the delays we're seeing have anything to do with the current mess happening at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. It's possible Google created the shipping labels assuming the phones would arrive on Friday for processing, but they've since been delayed. Just speculating.

I got an email from UPS that I would have a package delivered today from Google.

I received the message last Friday that the phone was shipped..

They are going out...

Steve

Hi Steve,

How did you receive the email? Did you sign up for a service like that or did you specifically request the information?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtrixz View Post
    [...] It's been on 2-day air for like 4 days with no change.
    UPS "two day shipping" is two *business* days. Weekends don't count. Just sayin'.

Myself, I can't really complain. I didn't get the shipping email from Google until 7pm (eastern) on Friday night. So I didn't expect anything to happen over the weekend and I actually would have been surprised if it did. I've had similar things happen with places like Newegg where they announce they've shipped something to me on a late Friday afternoon but nothing really starts happening until Monday.
    But yeah, most people got the email in the wee hours of Friday morning and it's odd that nothing else happened that day. If what has to happen next is going to be on California time on a Monday, then we still have a couple hours for Google to really be open up and operating for business.

ROM
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by mananukani View Post
    When I ordered on Nov. 27, on my Debit card showed pending charge, today when I checked, the pending charge allocated for the Nexus 4 dissappeared and the funds reverted back to available. My guess is I went fishing, caught a big 16GB Nexus 4, then the line broke and it got away. Supposed to have been 2-3 weeks delivery.

ROM
    Build JR003E

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    When I ordered on Nov. 27, on my Debit card showed pending charge, today when I checked, the pending charge allocated for the Nexus 4 dissappeared and the funds reverted back to available. My guess is I went fishing, caught a big 16GB Nexus 4, then the line broke and it got away. Supposed to have been 2-3 weeks delivery.
    Did you receive a UPS tracking number from Google via email?

ROM
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by rsenator View Post
    Did you receive a UPS tracking number from Google via email?
    No, like I said, the funds allocated for the Nexus 4 went back to my available funds, IDK exactly what is happening, but my guess is Google Play put a reserved from your funds and it gets charge when it ships, since there's nothing to ship, they cancel the reserve and goes back in your bank account to spend anyway you like. So, my guess is I won't be getting a Nexus 4 anytime soon. Anyone else has a disappearing act on their bank account, I'm curious.

My tracking information was updated today as "Out for delivery"

fingers crossed...

right after I bought the phone, my bank account showed a pending charge for the full price (which was also showing as deducted from my account). This charge completely disappeared over the weekend (saturday I believe). I figured once I got the "your item has shipped" email from Google, everything was complete...but now the tracking number provided does not show any information other than "shipping label created" (like most) and the charge was dropped...lol who knows what is going on. def. a shady operation though...I have never dealt with this kind of transaction before where everything was in a cloud of smoke..

Quote Originally Posted by BAlGaInTl View Post
    My tracking information was updated today as "Out for delivery"

fingers crossed...
    Seriously???? Congrats! That should give the rest of us some hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    No, like I said, the funds allocated for the Nexus 4 went back to my available funds, IDK exactly what is happening, but my guess is Google Play put a reserved from your funds and it gets charge when it ships, since there's nothing to ship, they cancel the reserve and goes back in your bank account to spend anyway you like. So, my guess is I won't be getting a Nexus 4 anytime soon. Anyone else has a disappearing act on their bank account, I'm curious.
    Well my funds became available again too (eg- the google charge disappeared) and I still got a tracking number email early Friday morning...

So, the people who have their account saying shipped by google, did your amount get deducted from the bank account?

So, the people who have their account saying shipped by google, did your amount get deducted from the bank account?
    I just logged into my Visa account and discovered that google charged me for the phone on 12/1 (Saturday). I guess that's good news. But on the other hand, still no update on UPS other than "label has been created".
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast