Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

OK after I made an UPS MyChoice account, it said it's going to arrive at the end of the day today (northwest coast here), but it's still on "shipping label created"...

Interesting, the shipper name Shipper: "GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS" indicates that Google is using UPS Supply Chain Services as the 3PL(3rd Party Logistics providor).

This means that the devices never leave a UPS facility i.e. there is no delivery to UPS from Google as UPS are acting as the Fulfillment and Warehouse provider as well as shipper. This explains why the shipping notice isn't always updated as often when they have large shipments they skip the step that kicks off step by step tracking on the website. I've had the same thing with iPad deliveries where the device showed up before the tracking info was uptodate
    Thanked by 2:
    donecTsaan 
    zen2go, A_S_V and uberness132 like this.

Multiple people have said they received theirs, so now I feel good, even if mine doesn't happen to come tomorrow. I know I'll have it by Thursday (my day off work!), so I'm good now. I'm not really concerned about the 2-day shipping, as there was no other option any way, plus it's still very early in the 1-2 week window, so I'm good. Hope those who got their phones are enjoying them.
    zen2go likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rexhunt View Post
    Interesting, the shipper name Shipper: "GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS" indicates that Google is using UPS Supply Chain Services as the 3PL(3rd Party Logistics providor).

This means that the devices never leave a UPS facility i.e. there is no delivery to UPS from Google as UPS are acting as the Fulfillment and Warehouse provider as well as shipper. This explains why the shipping notice isn't always updated as often when they have large shipments they skip the step that kicks off step by step tracking on the website. I've had the same thing with iPad deliveries where the device showed up before the tracking info was uptodate
    how do you know this? just curious

ROM
    Stock 4.2

Geez, talk about first world problems. I didn't expect it to ship until after the upcoming weekend. If I find it in my mailbox before then I'll be overjoyed.

Mine still says 'Label has been created'. No charge apparent on my card.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    how do you know this? just curious
    I was their customer in a past life so industry experience
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was their customer in a past life so industry experience
    thnx 4 sharing

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    Did your google wallet status change at all during this, or did it remain at pending ?

Just checked, still says pending.
    Thanked by:
    bilago 

Quote Originally Posted by hisownhero View Post
    What happened to you gives me hope, thanks.

Sent from my Toro ()

With that in mind, is it possible that these shipments are going out geographically depending on which UPS warehouse has stock? (i.e. if there's stock in an east coast UPS warehouse, they ship to the east coast and the west coast have to wait until their warehouse has some...) I'm learning a lot about how these logistics providers work (and don't work, in some cases).

Quote Originally Posted by hisownhero View Post
    Ha! You should see if you could cancel the purchase now.

So has anyone gotten their phone whose tracking always resulted in the shipping label message? That is what mine is still showing.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Has anyone gotten a delivery without any kind of notification? I'm working late and kind of worried it might be sitting at home, although I'm doubtful since my card was refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonymous666 View Post
    I just logged into my Visa account and discovered that google charged me for the phone on 12/1 (Saturday). I guess that's good news. But on the other hand, still no update on UPS other than "label has been created".
    And tonight I got my November Visa statement emailed to me by the bank. The charge for the N4 is on it as one of the very last purchases. No actual phone, for me though, of course.

Google's got the "taketh" portion of a sales transaction mastered. They still need to work on the "giveth" part.

Quote Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
    As seen above, I created a free UPS My Choice account

Once created, I went back to the Tracking page and refreshed

Now it says:

Label Created On:
    11/30/2012

Scheduled Delivery:
    Tuesday, 12/04/2012, By End of Day

I guess if someone wants to see the scheduled delivery date, they can do the same. Just not sure how accurate it is, especially if UPS doesn't have the package yet.
    where is your location? i do not think there is someone got the delivery details from Eastern.
    for me, it is still Created but not shipped from UPS.

Over on XDA we've been trying to get a trending topic on Twitter regarding the lack of information by Google. Here's the post:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Official] Play Store orders & shipping thread!

I received the tracking number on Sunday. Google Wallet says shipped, credit card has posted the transaction, and the tracking number says "A UPS shipping label has been created".

The email from Google says it'll be delivered tomorrow, and PackageTrackr says the same thing (since that's what it originally said). It's now just a shipping label message on the UPS site. For now I'm assuming it shipped, since the confirmation email from Google said: "Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information." -- which if you're doing two day shipping which was the only option, means that tomorrow it should say out for delivery.

That said UPS will just move the estimated date if it did indeed not ship.
    Thanked by:
    Yulun Song likes this.

ROM
    Build JR003E

Quote Originally Posted by jyemenai View Post
    Multiple people have said they received theirs, so now I feel good, even if mine doesn't happen to come tomorrow. I know I'll have it by Thursday (my day off work!), so I'm good now. I'm not really concerned about the 2-day shipping, as there was no other option any way, plus it's still very early in the 1-2 week window, so I'm good. Hope those who got their phones are enjoying them.
    Did not get mine either and considered "racing" home but steeled myself for a residence without the perfect parcel. I am chillin' on this since I, like you, am good with the 1-2 week window. That said, I have to say that Google is looking disastrous in the supply chain and customer service departments. Check back tomorrow! (Oh yeah, and since I got the email guaranteeing delivery today, don't think I am not holding their feet to the fire.)

Ordered November 27, 2012 4:07:47 PM and still waiting!!

It's getting frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVagabond View Post
    Not to burst anyone's bubble, but my status says delivery by the end of the day today as well. I just saw the UPS truck pull into my apartment complex and then leave a few minutes later. no knock on my door, and no package.

Maybe that just shows what was supposed to happen and not what is going to happen :/
    Did you check with the office? Many times UPS will drop off the package at the apartment office, even if they've dropped off at your door before.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Monday, 12/03/2012

If the scheduled delivery needs to be changed, select the Tracking Number below or log on to ups.com to request a delivery change from the tracking detail.

Shipment 1
    Tracking Number: [excized]
    Shipper: GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS

Delivery Commitment: by End of Day
    Liars, liars, SMTP servers on fires.

According to my tracking number it should have been here today. I'm calling google if it doesn't show up tomorrow for a shipping fee refund. Tomorrow will be the second day and when second day air should deliver assuming the 30th (when it supposedly shipped) is not counted.

ROM
    Build JR003E

Quote Originally Posted by laser155 View Post
    According to my tracking number it should have been here today. I'm calling google if it doesn't show up tomorrow for a shipping fee refund. Tomorrow will be the second day and when second day air should deliver assuming the 30th (when it supposedly shipped) is not counted.
    I am doing the exact same thing, using the same logic. It is not so much inconvenience as it is, for me at least, a promise of products/services not rendered. You want me to pay for 2-day shipping, then provide it; you say it will be delivered then please do it.

My concern is that buyers from back on 11/13 have yet to receive the phone (cf., #whereismyNexus4). One can only hope the chain around the supply gets loosened while quality remains assured.

Good luck everyone!

Order date: Nov 27, 2012 1:36:30 PM MST
    Shipping "confirmation" email: Nov 30, 2012 2:07 AM MST

Label Created On:
    11/29/2012
    Scheduled Delivery:
    Monday, 12/03/2012, By End of Day
    - I asked UPS how late their "End of Day" could be and they told me that typically, especially during the holiday season, that it can be as late as 9:30 PM and very rarely 10:00 PM. Considering the current time I'm certainly not expecting it tonight, though it would be nice.

It's now 8:10 PM and I have yet to receive any package. I've been playing ping-pong with Google and UPS throughout the day to try and figure out what is going on. Google has assured me that UPS has the package, and that they have had it since Friday (11/30). UPS on the other hand is not so sure, considering they still show the "A UPS shipping label has been created" message.

I was wondering if I was the only person who had this issue, though after a Google search coincidentally I came across this post. I'll be sure to reply to this post once again when I do receive my delivery.

On a side note, I can't wait to get this new phone. I've been neglecting to purchase a new phone for quite some time. In fact, the phone I currently have is the original, Nexus One! I'm certainly do an upgrade by now.

Edit:
    I just received this email from UPS right after I posted:

Scheduled Delivery Date: Monday, 12/03/2012

If the scheduled delivery needs to be changed, select the Tracking Number below or log on to ups.com to request a delivery change from the tracking detail.

Shipment 1
    Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Shipper: GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS

Delivery Commitment: by End of Day
    UPS Service: UPS 2nd Day Air
    uberness132 likes this.

I sent an email through the play store asking them to refund my shipping (being that it was past 2 days) and to give me an update on my order. I figured it was worth a try. I don't mind paying for two day shipping... when it is in fact two day shipping. The reality is the phone "supposedly" shipped 4 days ago but weekends don't count, which is why I would never pay for two day shipping with UPS on a Thursday.

I will update what I hear from customer service when they get back to me.
Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast