Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

ROM
    Build JR003E

Default Re: Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    It is a Debit card, but when you don't perform the transaction with your PIN it will use it as if it was a credit card
    But that may explain why some show a pending designation or the funds are removed and added in your account.
    bilago likes this.

My google wallet account now shows the sale as complete, although I am still in UPS tracking limbo. CC used was a business AMEX

I guess I have to assume the phone is somewhere within the UPS matrix.
    A_S_V likes this.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Ordered mine on the 27th in the 1-2 week batch. Been in UPS limbo up until now--it just updated saying that the scheduled delivery date was yesterday...So I guess I'm a step closer outta limbo?

Mine has been showing as shipped since 11/30 and they took the funds but UPS like many others is still showing that label information has been received but no ETA or tracking information available.

Waiting patiently...

Quote Originally Posted by gndprx View Post
    Mine has been showing as shipped since 11/30 and they took the funds but UPS like many others is still showing that label information has been received but no ETA or tracking information available.

Waiting patiently...
    If you sign up for a UPS my choice account they will give you an estimated delivery date among other options. Except mine still says the estimated delivery is "Monday dec 3" which was obviously yesterday

Same here. I signed up and estimated delivery shows as yesterday. Why is this so hard for Google and UPS?

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I just chatted with UPS, and they say that they haven't received the shipment yet. This is what the tracking info says, too. The person said there are no scans to indicate that it's passed into their custody.... I also called Google Play, and they have no idea what's going on. My credit card has actually been charged, and my statement period closed yesterday, so now I have to pay for a phone I don't even have. Great.

ROM
    Stock 4.2

Thankfully the TMobile microSim I ordered with the phone went off without a hitch. It should be on my doorstep this afternoon.

Not sure why Google would buy labels and charge CCs without actually sending the device.

No movement here. Think they really meant 2-3 weeks.HAH

Quote Originally Posted by salamangkero View Post
    mine arrived today, been setting up apps and redownloading media.
    Quote Originally Posted by salamangkero View Post
    i posted it earlier in the thread.

Ordered Nov 27, 12:36pm PST 1-2 week estimate. Received shipping notification on Dec 1 for a delivery on the 4th but was updated to the 3rd.

Was your tracking information updated along the way? Or was it stuck at "Shipping label created" until it was actually delivered?

This isn't UPS problem. I work for UPS and we use different system to track within our hubs/warehouses to track each package/letter. I just checked this morning in my local hub and it showed no sign of Google warehouse (located in Louisville, KY) actually dropped off at their local hub. Just like anyone can create shipping label doesn't mean they guarantee to drop off the pkg at the hub. For 2nd Day service, they can still use either plane or ground trailers to transport your package. Once your package is physically dropped off depends on local pickup time or processing time, UPS would physically scan each package. After that process is done, prior to transporting your package to other hub/warehouse to further process to the final destination, it can take up to 1 hour to show any movement online where everyone else can input tracking number.

I first assumed Google forgot to ship mine, in which my experience big company like Google can easily do while processing possibly thousands of nexus 4 across America, however, I just found out you guys experience the same. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next.
    Thanked by 4:
    Nonymous666 likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

^ good question willdogs, i would like to know the same thing

ROM
    AOSP 4.2

It's strange because the Google Play store page for the 16 gig Nexus 4 now says 5-6 weeks for shipping. That's down from the (I believe) 7-8 weeks which was what it was showing a few days ago. I wonder if this means the 1-2 week ones are on their way?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #514  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    What time did you order. I know I know, it really doesn't matter, but please people tell us what time you ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaedo Tae View Post
    This isn't UPS problem. I work for UPS and we use different system to track within our hubs/warehouses to track each package/letter. I just checked this morning in my local hub and it showed no sign of Google warehouse (located in Louisville, KY) actually dropped off at their local hub. Just like anyone can create shipping label doesn't mean they guarantee to drop off the pkg at the hub. For 2nd Day service, they can still use either plane or ground trailers to transport your package. Once your package is physically dropped off depends on local pickup time or processing time, UPS would physically scan each package. After that process is done, prior to transporting your package to other hub/warehouse to further process to the final destination, it can take up to 1 hour to show any movement online where everyone else can input tracking number.

I first assumed Google forgot to ship mine, in which my experience big company like Google can easily do while processing possibly thousands of nexus 4 across America, however, I just found out you guys experience the same. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next.
    I believe there is a bigger problem, logistic behind the shipping (UPS side) has failed, could be because devices are not ready or not being delivered by LG in quantities as expected (on which the whole logistic is set up). Not many people are reporting delivery of the phone even though UPS is suggesting so. Let's see, it is very sad that Google is not transparent about it.

haven't received my Nexus 4! ordered on Nov. 27th, 1-2weeks shipping..EST

Quote Originally Posted by A_S_V View Post
    I believe there is a bigger problem, logistic behind the shipping (UPS side) has failed, could be because devices are not ready or not being delivered by LG in quantities as expected (on which the whole logistic is set up). Not many people are reporting delivery of the phone even though UPS is suggesting so. Let's see, it is very sad that Google is not transparent about it.
    Yikes. That would be a major "FAIL!" by Google if they're creating tracking numbers and sending out shipping emails for inventory they don't even have in their possession yet.

Well, I think they have been pretty transparent or at least level set you when they told ya above the Add To Cart button you pressed...

Ships in 1-2 weeks.

It's only been a week. Could be stuck in a warehouse in UPS for days... but they still have a week left to get it to you. I'm not gonna worry about where in transit my order is until after my 2-3 week window.

Quote Originally Posted by A_S_V View Post
    Let's see, it is very sad that Google is not transparent about it.
    donec likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Nonymous666 View Post
    Yikes. That would be a major "FAIL!" by Google if they're creating tracking numbers and sending out shipping emails for inventory they don't even have in their possession yet.
    thats honestly what i think is going on...

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Well, I think they have been pretty transparent or at least level set you when they told ya above the Add To Cart button you pressed...

Ships in 1-2 weeks.
    timing isnt the problem. communication is. i would be fine if it came next week, but at least tell me what the hell is going on with my $400 and don't send me emails saying my order has shipped and give me a tracking # (scheduled delivery date that is already over) for a package no one seems to have (UPS says Google's fault, Google says vice versa).
    17veen likes this.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedo Tae View Post

Here is what I do not understand, according to posters on this thread and elsewhere on Android Central and other on-line forums as well as a colleague who was lucky enough to get an order through during the original release. The phones are shipping from Louisville, KY. (SDF) UPS Supply Chain Solutions, "GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS" so how can UPS or yourself not see them in Louisville, KY (SDF)? I am NOT doubting you in the slightest and I appreciate you chiming in as somebody who works for UPS, but Google is passing the buck to UPS and UPS is passing the buck to Google which leaves the customer out in the cold.

Dan

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Ships in 1-2 weeks.

It's only been a week. Could be stuck in a warehouse in UPS for days... but they still have a week left to get it to you. I'm not gonna worry about where in transit my order is until after my 2-3 week window.
    They also said they will not charge me until it ships. The amount posted to my account, and I have no tracking updates. That's where I have a problem.

Could it be they are creating the shipping labels because LG is telling them they are ready and LG is using those lables created (created online but printed at LG) and being shipped directly from LG once the phones are made... somewhat to how Apple will make orders and the the phones will be made and shipped from FoxConn China directly. The the fault could at LGs end then.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    thats honestly what i think is going on...

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dan1431 View Post
    Here is what I do not understand, according to posters on this thread and elsewhere on Android Central and other on-line forums as well as a colleague who was lucky enough to get an order through during the original release. The phones are shipping from UPS Supply Chain Solutions, "GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS" so how can UPS or yourself not see them in Louisville, KY (SDF), I am NOT doubting you in the slightest and I appreciate you chiming in as somebody who works for UPS, but Google is passing the buck to UPS and UPS is passing the buck to Google which leaves the customer out in the cold.

Dan
    maybe the phones haven't arrived to Louisville from LG/Korea?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Could it be they are creating the shipping labels because LG is telling them they are ready and LG is using those lables created (created online but printed at LG) and being shipped directly from LG once the phones are made... somewhat to how Apple will make orders and the the phones will be made and shipped from FoxConn China directly. The the fault could at LGs end then.
    i figured it went like:
    1. LG tells Google how many orders they can take
    2. Google takes said amount of orders via google play
    3. LG sends phones in mass quantity overseas to the warehouse in Louisville
    4. UPS handles the logistics and shipping from there.

so between steps 2 and 3, google may have told UPS to prematurely create labels based upon which bracket your order fell upon (i.e. 1-2 weeks, 2-3,etc) and maybe LG is not on schedule with manufacturing, which could be causing this miscommunication?

this is just my assumption, correct me if im wrong
    Last edited by bobjohnson201; 12-04-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Honestly, they could have told me they will charge the moment I checked out and have to wait 2-3 weeks and I still would have done it. I'm pretty sure they wouldnt wait to charge until it actually 'out to your door' ships... charge when the phone is in a position to shipped. Bottom line is why get a headache even if its a logistical glitch when they say 1-2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by slask View Post
    They also said they will not charge me until it ships. The amount posted to my account, and I have no tracking updates. That's where I have a problem.
Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast