Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #726  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by laser155 View Post
    I really wish the tracking numbers would actually track. A lot of people in this thread keep reporting that they receive their device but never had any tracking status changes.
    I am curious to know if they received the device in 2-3 days or 5-7 day after the credit/bank card was charged.

Yesterday I spoke with a fairly candid Google representative. The air in which he conveyed the info felt like he had a hunch--the specifics of which he was prohibited from disclosing--that I would get my order by the end of the week. Despite the lack of specifics or concrete details, it feels like there is a consensus, at least in the form of esprit de corps, that the 1-2 week customers will receive them by the end of this week.

I am curious if the LA strikes have had an impact on this round of shipments. Afterall, these are coming from Korea (right?). Then again, one would think with such high demand this merchandise is being flown in on B-52s and drop shipped to major metropolitan areas.
    Interesting, you're not the first person who has gotten that hunch. Someone over a xda-dev noticed that the past few weeks shipments have been batched out on Tues/Wed. Not that the comment necessarily means anything, but... I have my fingers crossed. (As I have many times before =/)

Another guy at xda-dev pointed out that UPS Worldport in Louisville, KY (where shipments seem to be originating from) is having trouble filling holiday positions, which may be related to the backup.

For the record I'm a 1-2 week order, got my shipment email on Nov 30th and stuck in UPS limbo like everyone else here. =(
    Thanked by:
    alvefa and rsenator like this.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Received my shipping confirmation at 4 this morning. Order was placed at 5:36 PM EST. I'm not going to get into this wild shipping speculation though. Good luck to the rest of you

Quote Originally Posted by A_S_V View Post
    I am curious to know if they received the device in 2-3 days or 5-7 day after the credit/bank card was charged.
    They ordered on the 27 and google reported shipping on the 29/30th. They received them on monday and tuesday. It was only a few people a couple pages back. It wound up being 3/4 days after getting the shipping notice. They were charged on their bank/credit cards on 29. I got my shipping notification on the 29 or 30th too but haven't received anything and UPS still says processing. It has been more time than 2nd day shipping has ever been anytime that I have paid for that service. It is very irritating.

Order date: Nov 27, 2012 5:42:29 PM EST - Given 1-2 week shipping estimate.
    1x 16GB N4

Received shipping notification from Google Play today (12/5) at 4:09am. UPS doesn't have a record of the tracking number.

Based on the experiences here and at xda, I'm not expecting to see it by Friday.

Update: just checked my AmEx pending charges... the pre-authorization from the 27th has not disappeared yet, and it appears they re-authorized my card for another $390.00 this morning rather than just finalizing the existing pre-authorization. I'm not worried about that, AmEx will take care of it if there's a problem, but man what a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevMoore View Post
    Received my shipping confirmation at 4 this morning. Order was placed at 5:36 PM EST. I'm not going to get into this wild shipping speculation though. Good luck to the rest of you
    Exact same for me...

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Quick update for my posts from yesterday:

As of 4:00 am my package is tracked as being out for delivery in my city. Here's hoping I'm not the only one with an unlimboed tracking number.
    bobjohnson201 likes this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rsenator View Post
    You are a super moderator and you just asked this?
    Yes I did. Does being a Super Moderator mean that I can't ask questions or something? I haven't ordered a Nexus 4 yet, so I'm not going through what you guys are. I decided to wait for the rush to be over so that I don't HAVE to go through it.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I am really becoming impatient now. I made my order at 17:04 and got my confirmation email at 17:06. But I haven't got any shipping emails yet.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #735  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    What time did you order. I know I know, it really doesn't matter, but please people tell us what time you ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by dipdewdog View Post
    Order date: Nov 27, 2012 5:42:29 PM EST - Given 1-2 week shipping estimate.
    1x 16GB N4

Received shipping notification from Google Play today (12/5) at 4:09am. UPS doesn't have a record of the tracking number.

Based on the experiences here and at xda, I'm not expecting to see it by Friday.

Update: just checked my AmEx pending charges... the pre-authorization from the 27th has not disappeared yet, and it appears they re-authorized my card for another $390.00 this morning rather than just finalizing the existing pre-authorization. I'm not worried about that, AmEx will take care of it if there's a problem, but man what a mess.

I noticed the same thing on my Amex account too

My status:

Order Date: November 27, 2012 2:33:18 PM UTC-8 <-- PST time

Your Google Play Order from Nov 27, 2012 Has Shipped --> Email received today at 1:06am PST.

Not able to track package through UPS which is fair since it stated it won't have an update after 24 hours.

I had a pending charge on Nov 27 and it dissappeared on Monday. I now have a pending charge again.

====================================================================================
    Dec 5
    Google Inc. charged your VISA XXXXXXXX for $393.53. "GOOGLE *Devices" will appear on your billing statement.

Dec 5
    Google Inc. shipped your order.
    Track UPS package #1ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nov 27
    Google Inc. received your order.

Nov 27
    You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 27. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

This is what I got.
    Your order has been sent to Google Commerce Ltd.
    Google Commerce Ltd is responsible for charging and shipping your order. Have questions? Contact Google Commerce Ltd.

Dec 4
    Google Commerce Ltd received your order.

Dec 4
    You placed an order with Google Commerce Ltd on Dec 4. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak Ramchandani Vensi View Post
    I am really becoming impatient now. I made my order at 17:04 and got my confirmation email at 17:06. But I haven't got any shipping emails yet.
    If you were in the 2-3 weeks window there's no reason why you should have a shipping email. Some just got lucky and as it stands now they may not be that lucky. If you got 2-3 weeks then you have up to 3 weeks until they even ship it..then you can start getting impatient.

Got my shipping email also today. Even if bs, I am happy!

Has anyone who's received their device despite the lack of tracking updates checked the tracking number on the package against the number in their email. I wonder if the tracking numbers that were emailed out are incorrect.

No. I was one of the first ones to get it. It was on the 1-2 shipping period.

- - - Updated - - -

No. I was one of the first ones to get it. It was on the 1-2 shipping period.
    If you were in the 2-3 weeks window there's no reason why you should have a shipping email. Some just got lucky and as it stands now they may not be that lucky. If you got 2-3 weeks then you have up to 3 weeks until they even ship it..then you can start getting impatient.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by dipdewdog View Post
    That XDA thread is a nightmarish mess to make sense of. I gave up after about 15 minutes. Most of the recent posts are all torches and pitchforks stuff about Twitter campaigns.

I've given up expecting the phone to appear. I'll just wait for shipping to update (if it ever does) and if the phone does appear, well then happy day. If nothing changes by next Friday (the end of the 1-2 week window from the initial shipping notice), then I'll grab my unruly mob implements.

My bad. By all means get impatient! It seems to help and the phone comes even faster I've heard. Hasn't worked for me though. I got the shipping email this morning but I won't believe any of it until it's in my hands.

Btw, you weren't one of the first. You were actually towards the end of the 1-2 weeks if 17:00 means 5 pm

Ordered: 27 November 5.23 pm EST
    Credit Card: Charged
    Shipment: 1-2 Weeks
    Tracking info: Label Created 11-30 and email received on 12-1 6:36 pm EST.
    UPS tracking still has "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated"
    Delivery Estimate: 12/4/2012.... which was yesterday WTH!

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just wanted to point out something again that was briefly mentioned earlier in the thread. The whole "A shipping label has been created" yellow bar of hell for UPS tracking is nothing new for devices bought through Google Play. Exact same thing happened with my Nexus 7 when it was released. The following was the full tracking detail for my Nexus 7. Seem familiar?

Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking-screenshot002.jpg
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by 2:

The site didn't go live at 17:00 exactly. I went live a bit late.
    My bad. By all means get impatient! It seems to help and the phone comes even faster I've heard. Hasn't worked for me though. I got the shipping email this morning but I won't believe any of it until it's in my hands.

Btw, you weren't one of the first. You were actually towards the end of the 1-2 weeks if 17:00 means 5 pm

Quote Originally Posted by ock View Post
    Just wanted to point out something again that was briefly mentioned earlier in the thread. The whole "A shipping label has been created" yellow bar of hell for UPS tracking is nothing new for devices bought through Google Play. Exact same thing happened with my Nexus 7 when it was released. The following was the full tracking detail for my Nexus 7. Seem familiar?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot002.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	49653

And with that, our target delivery time frame from first shipping notice is.......................................... ***drum roll please*** ................................. 6 DAYS!!!

Oh wait.... did that include weekend days? EDIT: just checked my calendar - yes it does!

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by ock View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot002.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	49653
    Interesting. So you got it six days after it shipped, even though it was "2 day shipping"? Its my understanding that everything from the playstore is purchased with 2-day shipping, let me know if I'm wrong.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Toth View Post
    Ordered: 27 November 5.23 pm EST
    Credit Card: Charged
    Shipment: 1-2 Weeks
    Tracking info: Label Created 11-30 and email received on 12-1 6:36 pm EST.
    UPS tracking still has "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated"
    Delivery Estimate: 12/4/2012.... which was yesterday WTH!
    The delivery estimate, if you have one, is based entirely on when the label was reported created and the shipping method/speed on the order. It has nothing to do with the actual status of your device. Don't worry, you're not alone in this. Lots of company here in the thread.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

16 GB ordered Order date: Nov 27, 2012 3:19:27 PM PST. My shipping window was 2-3 weeks when I placed the order, but I had been hitting the proceed button for about 2 hours straight at that point, so I may have gotten lucky and ended up in the 1-2 week window - my receipt said 2-3 weeks though.
    Received email at 3:35 AM CST today indicating it had been shipped. Even if it's not here by Friday, I'm pleased that the order has been processed faster than I thought. Still not thrilled at the hassle to get the order placed though.
Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast