Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by rsenator View Post
    I just called Google and asked the representative why some customers who ordered later are receiving them early than the ones who were first. The rep replied "It is just random..." It is a comedy of errors at this point. Hell, why not order it again now and see which one arrives first? :-P
    Well. the 1-2 weeker payoff better be shipping refund! Who's with me?! Refund...! Refund...! Refund...!
    bobjohnson201 and rsenator like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timothykim View Post
    another update. ordered 27th, got shipping confirmation this morning ( was in 1 - 2 week), tracking has just updated from origin scan in Kentucky to Departure Scan @ 2:50pm local time.

odd however as I do not get a estimated delivery date nor is weight/destination or any info of the package present.
    Maybe that means you'll get it today. That's what I'm holding out for.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    kp4

What the frack. I was a 1-2 Week order on Nov 27th. Order was in @ 4:03 PM CST. I've gotten the shipping email and the label limbo is my jam at the moment. 2-3 Weekers are already getting updates? You already know how I feel..

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    At the earliest i'm expecting delivery on Friday but from the way shipping has been for others who ordered, not setting my hopes too high.
    Plus I'm in Washington state which is somewhat far

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jyemenai View Post
    Same here. As much as it kinda sucks, I think they need us to be their guinea pigs for this whole process. THe N7 problems probably introduced them to it, we are testing out their "solution," and by the next major device release, we should see a slight fix. They can't really test a solution without the proper variables (us), so maybe they did try to fix whatever went wrong... it just went wrong again, lol.
    people said the original n7 launch was a disaster as well. it doesn't even look like they are trying to improve. No smooth play store order process after first batch. No formal statement for the 2nd batch. No order or structure in shipments (2-3 weekers apparently have theirs on the way, and some people from the first batch are STILL in limbo). No apologies. No "please ignore that shipping email when it didn't ship". No consistent response from play store representatives. This would be an absolute disgrace for any company, but for the 2nd most valuable tech company in the world (yes Google is ahead of Microsoft now), this is just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by timothykim View Post
    At the earliest i'm expecting delivery on Friday but from the way shipping has been for others who ordered, not setting my hopes too high.
    Plus I'm in Washington state which is somewhat far
    Yeah I live in Oregon, ordered 27th at 1:00 PST, in the 1-2 week bracket, got shipping info @ 2:00am on nov 30th, currently in shipping limbo.

i'd be so d*** happy if I saw "origin" scan. My status is "exception" b/c I started a tracer from filing a lost package claim

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Man, hearing that there are people who ordered on 11/13 and STILL havent received their devices really puts this in perspective for me. Do any of you know if people from the 11/13 camp were charged and/or received shipping emails as we have?

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uberness132 View Post
    Yeah I live in Oregon, ordered 27th at 1:00 PST, in the 1-2 week bracket, got shipping info @ 2:00am on nov 30th, currently in shipping limbo.

i'd be so d*** happy if I saw "origin" scan. My status is "exception" b/c I started a tracer from filing a lost package claim
    Also in Oregon, ordered at 2:00 PST....and ditto to the rest of your post.

Hopefully most 1-2 weekers won't be forgotten like some people from nov 13

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    Well. the 1-2 weeker payoff better be shipping refund! Who's with me?! Refund...! Refund...! Refund...!
    i asked yesterday... lets see what they say. i tried to avoid trolling them as much as possible (it was very hard and tempting though)...

Did any one the 1-2 week people with the label still on teh UPS status order their phone using the "Tab" method and then holding down ENTER to process order when they were buying their phone?

I feel like it somehow somewhere something got messed up and they skipped directly to 2-3 weekers, as the 1-2 weekers email was a 'mistake'.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtrixz View Post
    Did any one the 1-2 week people with the label still on teh UPS status order their phone using the "Tab" method and then holding down ENTER to process order when they were buying their phone?

I'm pretty sure that was the only method that could consistently work at that time...

-raises hand- Isn't that how 80%+ got our orders? lol

Typically the simplest explanation is reality, my guess from shipping thousands of products from Asia to the USA,

A large shipment via air left the finishing point for delivery on the 29th or 30th figuring a 14 hr flight they anticipated the order to be filled and began to prepare lables, however to do this they had to manipulate the software for the batch that printed them. Figuring that they would arrive within the next 24 hr's it would not matter if they did not get enter them as scanned.

Then I assume that the order was split some how in the freight shipment, and possibly customs did not process them or receive them Friday in time to release them, this caused them to sit in what is referred as customs lock up until the entire order is complete. This held them over the weekend and maybe they even decided to hold the shipment to understand why the cartons for the order were split.

This is where it becomes to hard to anticipate what else has happened. However if thinking that the simplest explanation is the answer, they decided after the first shipment was delayed they would not anticipate orders until the product arrived and the reason for the next group is getting better tracking info.

By the time the 1st shipment from asia was released the second order arrived without issue, and the 2-3 weekers got there orders released. Now the verification of the 1-2 weekers has to happen the software needed to be fixed to cover the terms of the ups 3pl contract and just caused further delays.

My order was completed @ 1:56 pm PST, I was charged in full in the early am hours of Nov 30th which was probably a function of the label print late in the pm on the 29th, banks push to the next day for charges after 5pm est

if anyone has received their N4 on the package lable will be some information that would allow for the location and distribution of all associated deliveries, if they want to post the info I would be happy to return what I find from my logistics and frieght forwarding agent.

Hopeful I will get my N4 some day.. Just nothing yet, yellow box since the 29th, estimated delivery on 12/3 and received nothing, and from what I read I confirmed the order earlier than most...

We will see...
    Thanked by 2:
    BBarnaby likes this.

I hope...
    Its been one problem after another..
    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i wish! after getting my order through, i come here and see a thread like "TIP How to get the play store order to go through". I was like ****!!!

No, I just clicked at random intervals till the order went through
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

yeah cause i am just taking a wild guess here, but maybe the people who did the "Tab" method had their order messed up or something. Maybe something didn't process properly. Just taking a random guess here but no actual proof cause doesn't seem like anyone is getting a status update in the 1-2 week section

yeah cause i am just taking a wild guess here, but maybe the people who did the "Tab" method had their order messed up or something. Maybe something didn't process properly. Just taking a random guess here but no actual proof cause doesn't seem like anyone is getting a status update in the 1-2 week section
    No it didn't, this is stretching it

Quote Originally Posted by uberness132 View Post
    No it didn't, this is stretching it
    yeah maybe but i only say this because the people with 2-3 weeks didn't need to do the tab method because the phones were already restocked in the play store and google was fixing the issues with the masses of people trying to buy a phone. And the people with 2-3 weeks are already recieving more info on their package.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by droidscientist View Post
    this caused them to sit in what is referred as customs lock up until the entire order is complete. This held them over the weekend and maybe they even decided to hold the shipment to understand why the cartons for the order were split.
    this is where they need to communicate with the customer with either a formal statement or email of some sort. that would've made this so much better.

BTW I agree with your assessment

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    i asked yesterday... lets see what they say. i tried to avoid trolling them as much as possible (it was very hard and tempting though)...

Sounds good to me. I have submitted a lost package claim through UPS - so I am going the passive aggressive route for now. LOL

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yeah maybe but i only say this because the people with 2-3 weeks didn't need to do the tab method because the phones were already restocked in the play store and google was fixing the issues with the masses of people trying to buy a phone. And the people with 2-3 weeks are already recieving more info on their package.
    1-2 weeker, didnt do tab method, no tracking updates whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Nonymous666 View Post
    Air? Isn't that like a 3 or 4 hour drive?
    Yup...but some people live down the road from UPS. That doesn't mean they can just drive there. Any ways, no yellow box of death or whatever you guys call it. Got the email this morning and it is already updated. Still won't believe it until I see it. I did order my straight talk sim though. Free overnight shipping through the 17th!
Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast