Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I share in what many of you are experiencing. Here is what I have so far.

BEGIN
1st Email from Google on Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Thank you.
You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Order number: XXXX...
Order date: Nov 27, 2012 3:37:22 PM EST
Payment method: XXX...

2nd Email from Google on Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:07 AM:
Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS #XXXX... Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.
Order date: Nov 27, 2012 12:37:22 PM PST
Payment method: XXXX...

UPS:
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
Label Created On:
11/29/2012
END

Google billed my credit card on 11/27/12, which according to their own admission it shipped on the same day (i.e., "You will not be charged until your order has shipped."). Theoretically, even if I gave them an extra day, the phone should have arrived on Friday or Saturday. That said, I was given a 1-2 week lead time so I am not going to complain; I will take it farther than that, I am one of the few who were able to get through the transaction, get a tracking number and, finally, will receive a phone soon. I remember sitting on the site for 40 minutes using various methods: ranging from the simplest (repetitive clicking) to the more advanced (multiple-tab approach). When I got past the flurry of inconsistent screens (e.g., full cart, empty cart, full cart, etc.) and into the actual secured transaction screen I felt like I had won the lottery?it was exhilarating to say the least. For those that did not get through, came late or did not get in at all?my condolences.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I remember sitting on the site for 40 minutes using various methods: ranging from the simplest (repetitive clicking) to the more advanced (multiple-tab approach). When I got past the flurry of inconsistent screens (e.g., full cart, empty cart, full cart, etc.) and into the actual secured transaction screen I felt like I had won the lottery?it was exhilarating to say the least.

lol same exact thing for me although it took me 50 min, but who's counting? i remember happy dancing when i got my order through lol

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What don't you guys understand about this?!?! When the "charge" first appears, that's to see if it's there. You weren't actually charged. That "charge" will disappear and come back only after they actually send it. So when you seen the first one they didn't actually charge and ship it...so it wasn't "by their own admission" shipped cause it wasn't actually charged. So until it is actually late, stop calling every company involved and asking where your phone is. Chill out!!

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What don't you guys understand about this?!?! When the "charge" first appears, that's to see if it's there. You weren't actually charged. That "charge" will disappear and come back only after they actually send it. So when you seen the first one they didn't actually charge and ship it...so it wasn't "by their own admission" shipped cause it wasn't actually charged. So until it is actually late, stop calling every company involved and asking where your phone is. Chill out!!

i was just agreeing with him i had a similar experience buying the phone and was happy after i got my order in. i already knew about what you just said. thats why i only quoted part of his post.

SeiRyuSeijin

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
haha same exact thing that has happened with me
I share in what many of you are experiencing. Here is what I have so far.

BEGIN
1st Email from Google on Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Thank you.
You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Order date: Nov 27, 2012 3:37:22 PM EST
Payment method: XXX...

2nd Email from Google on Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:07 AM:
Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS #XXXX... Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.
Order date: Nov 27, 2012 12:37:22 PM PST
Payment method: XXXX...

UPS:
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
Label Created On:
11/29/2012
END

Google billed my credit card on 11/27/12, which according to their own admission it shipped on the same day (i.e., "You will not be charged until your order has shipped."). Theoretically, even if I gave them an extra day, the phone should have arrived on Friday or Saturday. That said, I was given a 1-2 week lead time so I am not going to complain; I will take it farther than that, I am one of the few who were able to get through the transaction, get a tracking number and, finally, will receive a phone soon. I remember sitting on the site for 40 minutes using various methods: ranging from the simplest (repetitive clicking) to the more advanced (multiple-tab approach). When I got past the flurry of inconsistent screens (e.g., full cart, empty cart, full cart, etc.) and into the actual secured transaction screen I felt like I had won the lottery?it was exhilarating to say the least. For those that did not get through, came late or did not get in at all?my condolences.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it has to do with what time you actually checked out. Cause as of now everyone who got shipping emails checked out before me. Nothing to do with how long it was in your cart seeing how they don't process until you actually check out. Btw what's up with all the ... And.....and..... Periods in your post?
I read on someones email post with Google CSR that they are going by when you got your confirmation email. Which depending on how busy Google was could be in any order irrelevant of when you ordered. Which pretty much sounds like the way it appears to be working.

tejasoffroad

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Kinda late or early. But the only new development on my end is that my credit card has now been fully charged and is not pending anymore. Was pending since about last friday, same day i got the shipping email on 30th @3:05cst. I ordered on 27th @3:10. But i saw a few others who posted that the $389 charge and then they was a seperate $1.00 charge. I don't understand the dollar charge but my total was $389. If, after I recieve my phone, and the charge for $1.00 is still there, I will be tryin to figure that out. But that dollar charge is still pending though.
Also UPS just says shipping label created, nothing new there

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered, my confirmation e-mail stated 2-3 weeks, now Google Play is saying 5-6 weeks?! UGH, I'm not in dire need like some others being an S3 user but I was hoping to possibly get this device Christmas week, that would make this a Merry Christmas! :p

phelanyk

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Kinda late or early. But the only new development on my end is that my credit card has now been fully charged and is not pending anymore. Was pending since about last friday, same day i got the shipping email on 30th @3:05cst. I ordered on 27th @3:10. But i saw a few others who posted that the $389 charge and then they was a seperate $1.00 charge. I don't understand the dollar charge but my total was $389. If, after I recieve my phone, and the charge for $1.00 is still there, I will be tryin to figure that out. But that dollar charge is still pending though.
Also UPS just says shipping label created, nothing new there

The $1 charge is Google's way of checking that the card is authentic. It should disappear in a couple of days.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I am slightly frustrated by the lack of any status change on the shipping of my Nexus 4 (I know, first world problems), but I am unsure of who to blame.

I want to blame UPS, as I really dislike them as a company, but it just could be as easily Google who has again screwed up the shipping order/shipping process.

I would be curious to hear from those who had their N4s shipped from the first round, did it originate in Louisville, KY, UPS largest hub or somewhere else. It would be of great help in determining who to blame on the lack of updates since the label was created.

Dan

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am slightly frustrated by the lack of any status change on the shipping of my Nexus 4 (I know, first world problems), but I am unsure of who to blame.

I want to blame UPS, as I really dislike them as a company, but it just could be as easily Google who has again screwed up the shipping order/shipping process.

I would be curious to hear from those who had their N4s shipped from the first round, did it originate in Louisville, KY, UPS largest hub or somewhere else. It would be of great help in determining who to blame on the lack of updates since the label was created.

Dan

No. You could just sit back and be patient. My God! It's not even late yet. They went on sale again sooner than anyone thought and they've started shipping sooner than they said. Chill out bro!

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

First, that "disappearing" act that you so vehemently defend has yet to occur; another way of saying it is, it is not a pending charge. The charge has remained on my card since 11/27 and, like all other charges before and after it, I intend to pay them when the cycle ends.

Second, and this is definitely part of the online component of communicating, your tone and tact is offensive at worst and irritating at best. I am cool and, as I stated, I am sticking with the 1-2 week lead time I was provided during the transaction. If you are unsure as to what I am referring please check your use of punctuation (i.e., "...?!?!").

Last edited:

LandsAlot4

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have another package (not related to google) that departed from Louisville on 11/30 with full updates from UPS. With arrival in Minneapolis and out for delivery this morning.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The pending charge on my debit card for the nexus 4 went away Saturday...and still no update on tracking other than, "shipping label has been created"...just gonna wait it out and see what happens today. might call if no new information by Wednesday.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The pending charge on my debit card for the nexus 4 went away Saturday...and still no update on tracking other than, "shipping label has been created"...just gonna wait it out and see what happens today. might call if no new information by Wednesday.

Yep - same here. :-\

It seems they have created these labels prematurely to actually having these phones ready to ship out. Not sure the reason for that. Could be anything from wanting to get your money in the bank asap, to stolen goods, to a return to the factory for some reason, to UPS inept at reporting this mass shipment, to Google just trying to make it seem like they are on the ball and shipping things suddenly very quickly but not really? :'(

shadowtrixz

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep - same here. :-\

It seems they have created these labels prematurely to actually having these phones ready to ship out. Not sure the reason for that. Could be anything from wanting to get your money in the bank asap, to stolen goods, to a return to the factory for some reason, to UPS inept at reporting this mass shipment, to Google just trying to make it seem like they are on the ball and shipping things suddenly very quickly but not really? :'(

I really feel like you hit that one on the ball, I feel that they just created those labels to make you think they are actually getting things done in terms of shipping at this week. Probably just want you to think UPS is screwing up or something.. idk but i really want this phone to come in already. It's been on 2-day air for like 4 days with no change.