Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

SeiRyuSeijin

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts exactly, if I do not have the phone after I get home tomorrow I plan on calling Google to get answers and have my shipping waived, I will not be forced to pay for 2-day shipping and not be given it.
Well as I understand 2nd Day Air, 2 business days would be Tuesday as most shippers do not count the day of shipment as day 1.

Dan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rexhunt

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, the shipper name Shipper: "GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS" indicates that Google is using UPS Supply Chain Services as the 3PL(3rd Party Logistics providor).

This means that the devices never leave a UPS facility i.e. there is no delivery to UPS from Google as UPS are acting as the Fulfillment and Warehouse provider as well as shipper. This explains why the shipping notice isn't always updated as often when they have large shipments they skip the step that kicks off step by step tracking on the website. I've had the same thing with iPad deliveries where the device showed up before the tracking info was uptodate

jyemenai

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Multiple people have said they received theirs, so now I feel good, even if mine doesn't happen to come tomorrow. I know I'll have it by Thursday (my day off work!), so I'm good now. I'm not really concerned about the 2-day shipping, as there was no other option any way, plus it's still very early in the 1-2 week window, so I'm good. Hope those who got their phones are enjoying them.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, the shipper name Shipper: "GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS" indicates that Google is using UPS Supply Chain Services as the 3PL(3rd Party Logistics providor).

This means that the devices never leave a UPS facility i.e. there is no delivery to UPS from Google as UPS are acting as the Fulfillment and Warehouse provider as well as shipper. This explains why the shipping notice isn't always updated as often when they have large shipments they skip the step that kicks off step by step tracking on the website. I've had the same thing with iPad deliveries where the device showed up before the tracking info was uptodate

how do you know this? just curious

Thing342

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Geez, talk about first world problems. I didn't expect it to ship until after the upcoming weekend. If I find it in my mailbox before then I'll be overjoyed.

Mine still says 'Label has been created'. No charge apparent on my card.

dipdewdog

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

With that in mind, is it possible that these shipments are going out geographically depending on which UPS warehouse has stock? (i.e. if there's stock in an east coast UPS warehouse, they ship to the east coast and the west coast have to wait until their warehouse has some...) I'm learning a lot about how these logistics providers work (and don't work, in some cases).

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a delivery without any kind of notification? I'm working late and kind of worried it might be sitting at home, although I'm doubtful since my card was refunded.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just logged into my Visa account and discovered that google charged me for the phone on 12/1 (Saturday). I guess that's good news. But on the other hand, still no update on UPS other than "label has been created".
And tonight I got my November Visa statement emailed to me by the bank. The charge for the N4 is on it as one of the very last purchases. No actual phone, for me though, of course.

Google's got the "taketh" portion of a sales transaction mastered. They still need to work on the "giveth" part.

Yulun Song

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As seen above, I created a free UPS My Choice account

Once created, I went back to the Tracking page and refreshed

Now it says:

Label Created On:
11/30/2012

Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 12/04/2012, By End of Day

I guess if someone wants to see the scheduled delivery date, they can do the same. Just not sure how accurate it is, especially if UPS doesn't have the package yet.

where is your location? i do not think there is someone got the delivery details from Eastern.
for me, it is still Created but not shipped from UPS.:(

Scythe20

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I received the tracking number on Sunday. Google Wallet says shipped, credit card has posted the transaction, and the tracking number says "A UPS shipping label has been created".

The email from Google says it'll be delivered tomorrow, and PackageTrackr says the same thing (since that's what it originally said). It's now just a shipping label message on the UPS site. For now I'm assuming it shipped, since the confirmation email from Google said: "Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information." -- which if you're doing two day shipping which was the only option, means that tomorrow it should say out for delivery.

That said UPS will just move the estimated date if it did indeed not ship.

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Multiple people have said they received theirs, so now I feel good, even if mine doesn't happen to come tomorrow. I know I'll have it by Thursday (my day off work!), so I'm good now. I'm not really concerned about the 2-day shipping, as there was no other option any way, plus it's still very early in the 1-2 week window, so I'm good. Hope those who got their phones are enjoying them.

Did not get mine either and considered "racing" home but steeled myself for a residence without the perfect parcel. I am chillin' on this since I, like you, am good with the 1-2 week window. That said, I have to say that Google is looking disastrous in the supply chain and customer service departments. Check back tomorrow! (Oh yeah, and since I got the email guaranteeing delivery today, don't think I am not holding their feet to the fire.)

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but my status says delivery by the end of the day today as well. I just saw the UPS truck pull into my apartment complex and then leave a few minutes later. no knock on my door, and no package.

Maybe that just shows what was supposed to happen and not what is going to happen :/

Did you check with the office? Many times UPS will drop off the package at the apartment office, even if they've dropped off at your door before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2