Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just called Google and asked the representative why some customers who ordered later are receiving them early than the ones who were first. The rep replied "It is just random..." It is a comedy of errors at this point. Hell, why not order it again now and see which one arrives first? :p

Well. the 1-2 weeker payoff better be shipping refund! Who's with me?! Refund...! Refund...! Refund...!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
another update. ordered 27th, got shipping confirmation this morning ( was in 1 - 2 week), tracking has just updated from origin scan in Kentucky to Departure Scan @ 2:50pm local time.

odd however as I do not get a estimated delivery date nor is weight/destination or any info of the package present.

Maybe that means you'll get it today. That's what I'm holding out for.

kp4

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What the frack. I was a 1-2 Week order on Nov 27th. Order was in @ 4:03 PM CST. I've gotten the shipping email and the label limbo is my jam at the moment. 2-3 Weekers are already getting updates? You already know how I feel..

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Same here. As much as it kinda sucks, I think they need us to be their guinea pigs for this whole process. THe N7 problems probably introduced them to it, we are testing out their "solution," and by the next major device release, we should see a slight fix. They can't really test a solution without the proper variables (us), so maybe they did try to fix whatever went wrong... it just went wrong again, lol.

people said the original n7 launch was a disaster as well. it doesn't even look like they are trying to improve. No smooth play store order process after first batch. No formal statement for the 2nd batch. No order or structure in shipments (2-3 weekers apparently have theirs on the way, and some people from the first batch are STILL in limbo). No apologies. No "please ignore that shipping email when it didn't ship". No consistent response from play store representatives. This would be an absolute disgrace for any company, but for the 2nd most valuable tech company in the world (yes Google is ahead of Microsoft now), this is just ludicrous.

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
At the earliest i'm expecting delivery on Friday but from the way shipping has been for others who ordered, not setting my hopes too high.
Plus I'm in Washington state which is somewhat far

Yeah I live in Oregon, ordered 27th at 1:00 PST, in the 1-2 week bracket, got shipping info @ 2:00am on nov 30th, currently in shipping limbo.

i'd be so d*** happy if I saw "origin" scan. My status is "exception" b/c I started a tracer from filing a lost package claim

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Man, hearing that there are people who ordered on 11/13 and STILL havent received their devices really puts this in perspective for me. Do any of you know if people from the 11/13 camp were charged and/or received shipping emails as we have?

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I live in Oregon, ordered 27th at 1:00 PST, in the 1-2 week bracket, got shipping info @ 2:00am on nov 30th, currently in shipping limbo.

i'd be so d*** happy if I saw "origin" scan. My status is "exception" b/c I started a tracer from filing a lost package claim

Also in Oregon, ordered at 2:00 PST....and ditto to the rest of your post.

shadowtrixz

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Did any one the 1-2 week people with the label still on teh UPS status order their phone using the "Tab" method and then holding down ENTER to process order when they were buying their phone?

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I feel like it somehow somewhere something got messed up and they skipped directly to 2-3 weekers, as the 1-2 weekers email was a 'mistake'.

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Did any one the 1-2 week people with the label still on teh UPS status order their phone using the "Tab" method and then holding down ENTER to process order when they were buying their phone?

I'm pretty sure that was the only method that could consistently work at that time...

droidscientist

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Typically the simplest explanation is reality, my guess from shipping thousands of products from Asia to the USA,

A large shipment via air left the finishing point for delivery on the 29th or 30th figuring a 14 hr flight they anticipated the order to be filled and began to prepare lables, however to do this they had to manipulate the software for the batch that printed them. Figuring that they would arrive within the next 24 hr's it would not matter if they did not get enter them as scanned.

Then I assume that the order was split some how in the freight shipment, and possibly customs did not process them or receive them Friday in time to release them, this caused them to sit in what is referred as customs lock up until the entire order is complete. This held them over the weekend and maybe they even decided to hold the shipment to understand why the cartons for the order were split.

This is where it becomes to hard to anticipate what else has happened. However if thinking that the simplest explanation is the answer, they decided after the first shipment was delayed they would not anticipate orders until the product arrived and the reason for the next group is getting better tracking info.

By the time the 1st shipment from asia was released the second order arrived without issue, and the 2-3 weekers got there orders released. Now the verification of the 1-2 weekers has to happen the software needed to be fixed to cover the terms of the ups 3pl contract and just caused further delays.

My order was completed @ 1:56 pm PST, I was charged in full in the early am hours of Nov 30th which was probably a function of the label print late in the pm on the 29th, banks push to the next day for charges after 5pm est

if anyone has received their N4 on the package lable will be some information that would allow for the location and distribution of all associated deliveries, if they want to post the info I would be happy to return what I find from my logistics and frieght forwarding agent.

Hopeful I will get my N4 some day.. Just nothing yet, yellow box since the 29th, estimated delivery on 12/3 and received nothing, and from what I read I confirmed the order earlier than most...

We will see...

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

i wish! after getting my order through, i come here and see a thread like "TIP How to get the play store order to go through". I was like ****!!!

shadowtrixz

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yeah cause i am just taking a wild guess here, but maybe the people who did the "Tab" method had their order messed up or something. Maybe something didn't process properly. Just taking a random guess here but no actual proof cause doesn't seem like anyone is getting a status update in the 1-2 week section

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yeah cause i am just taking a wild guess here, but maybe the people who did the "Tab" method had their order messed up or something. Maybe something didn't process properly. Just taking a random guess here but no actual proof cause doesn't seem like anyone is getting a status update in the 1-2 week section

No it didn't, this is stretching it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1