Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: How can i transfer songs from my itunes too my Nexus 4?

I just got a nexus 4 and have tried to load music on it from cds I have put on my computer.....I tried to click and drag from my file about 80 songs and that didnt work.....only added 7 songs to my phone.....so I went thru wmp and synced all the songs to my phone and still only have the 7 same songs in my music player on my phone......any ideas on how to fix this - opÍning my phone files online it shows all the songs were added to the music file on my phone.

I don't like the music player built into the N4 or N7 so I've been either using my iPod Nano or iPhone 4S ad an iPod. I know there are other players on the play store but I haven't looked yet.

I tried using Google music on my MacBook and I got almost 1500 songs uploaded but it makes my computer so slow that it's almost not worth uploading them. I don't know wht I need to upload 10,000 songs when iTunes Match matched so many that I only needed to upload 3,000. Google Music only matched about 3,000 of my songs. It took 3 days to upload 1500 songs and I just gave up.

I did try out what I did upload so far and it works good. I even connected my Nexus 7 to my cars bluetooth and streamed some of the songs that way while I was out and it worked OK. On my N7s cellular connection, it streamed good but a few times the music would stop for a second. Not sure of that was the BT connection or because of streaming.

I thought Google Music was pretty cool and ideal to storing music and not filling up my phone.

I can't really recommend it though. They "scan" your music and where possible they upload their own version of the songs, which in many cases means sanitized radio edits. Made a pretty big mess of my collection.

You can tag songs and "fix incorrect match" but what a mess for something that should have never been a problem in the first place.
    Last edited by schemula; 03-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    I....

I did try out what I did upload so far and it works good. I even connected my Nexus 7 to my cars bluetooth and streamed some of the songs that way while I was out and it worked OK. On my N7s cellular connection, it streamed good but a few times the music would stop for a second. Not sure of that was the BT connection or because of streaming.
    For things like driving around I'd download to device while driving. Sure, fun exercise, but cell coverage can be finicky in a moving car.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    For things like driving around I'd download to device while driving. Sure, fun exercise, but cell coverage can be finicky in a moving car.

For sure. I had to try it though anyways just because I could.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by anothernewphone View Post
    iTunes is simply a music player. Your music is "stored in iTunes." If you rip a CD, it's saved on your computer, and iTunes plays it for you. That's all it does.
    ???? What brought on that mess of misinformation ?
    scorpiodsu and ChromeJob like this.

I would like to store music directly on my phone rather than on the cloud. I have a bunch of iTunes songs that I want to transfer to my GNex. What are my best options?
    I voided my warranty.

Global Posts
    3,242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by peejay1977 View Post
    Depends also if the music was downloaded using iTunes or imported, if imported just copy it to the phone in mass storage mode, if it's DRM protected iTunes stuff it may be easier to burn it to CD as a regular audio CD and then rip it back as MP3. There are programs out there to hack the DRM but obviously I wouldn't sanction this.....
    iTunes has been DRM free for years.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

If you don't want to use Google music, download isyncr on your Android phone and the accompanying app on your mac. It allows you to sync your whole iTunes library or specific playlists either over USB or WIFI. Works great. Also, if your phone has a SD Slot, you can select to have the music sync to the card or internal memory.

~S
    scorpiodsu likes this.

3 methods that work for me.

1. Drag and drop music files to your device and export itunes playlists (right click>export) and put the files in the same folder where you put the music files.
    2. iSyncr. Allows syncing directly to iTunes via USB and Wifi.
    3. Play Music (what I'm currently doing). Upload itunes music to google music and then download on app. I believe you can only play the music on the play music app. That player is sufficient for me but use the 2 above to play in any player.

I have to put the files onto my device. Streaming just doesn't work for me as service is spotty on my commute to work.
    In fact, streaming my collection doesn't even appeal to me. I don't want to have to use data just to stream my music.
    Because the N4 is so small in the memory dept (16gb) I only put on things I listen to regularly, or I use an iPod when I want to bring alot of music. .

Google music doesn't support WAV format so half my songs couldnt be transferred and it only transferred one of five playlists. Double twist works and supports WAV format as well. Sound quality is OK However if you want to enable the built in EQ youll have to pay $5 which is BS. I keep 200 songs on my N4 and the rest on my 80g ipod classic.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by Noelene Smith View Post
    I just got a nexus 4 and have tried to load music on it from cds I have put on my computer.....I tried to click and drag from my file about 80 songs and that didnt work.....only added 7 songs to my phone.....so I went thru wmp and synced all the songs to my phone and still only have the 7 same songs in my music player on my phone......any ideas on how to fix this - opÍning my phone files online it shows all the songs were added to the music file on my phone.
    Why not use Google Music Manager?

I have some older iTunes songs that have DRM and iSyncr won't copy them to my phone. How do I do it?
    I voided my warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by androidluvr2 View Post
    I have some older iTunes songs that have DRM and iSyncr won't copy them to my phone. How do I do it?
    How many DRM files do you have? You can add a column that says "File type" or similar that will indicate protected music. There is really 3 solutions and depending upon how many files you have you'll decide which makes sense.

1) Burn the files to CDs as regular audio then rip back to your computer. They will no longer be DRM protected.
    2) Buy DRM-removing software. I haven't seen any good free options and most are only trial. The software will remove the protection.
    3) iTunes match. 24.99 per year. iTunes loads all your files to the cloud and you can play them and download them anywhere. So if you have some DRM files, iTunes will "match" them with it's library and make it available and then you can re-download it DRM-free. I only recommend this solution if you need the addition features of iTunes match.

I have like 60 files on my computer that are DRM and one of these days when I get some time and don't feel lazy I'll get around to doing #1.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    You can add a column that says "File type" or similar that will indicate protected music.
    Make a column in what, iTunes?

1) Burn the files to CDs as regular audio then rip back to your computer. They will no longer be DRM protected.
    I went to where my iTunes Media is but I only see a few recently purchased songs. Then there is a folder called Previous iTunes Libraries with iTunes Database Files (.itl files).

Any thoughts on where the rest of my songs are stored?
    I voided my warranty.

Make a column in what, iTunes?

I went to where my iTunes Media is but I only see a few recently purchased songs. Then there is a folder called Previous iTunes Libraries with iTunes Database Files (.itl files).

Any thoughts on where the rest of my songs are stored?
    In iTunes where you see all your music. And you know how you have all those columns like Artist, song name, length, genre, etc..? Right click at the top of those column to bring up a menu to add additional columns. I forget the name of the column because it's been changed through versions of itunes but look for something that would identify file type. And when they column appears you can sort by the various types and see the ones that are all protected. Then you'll know what tracks specifically have DRM. As far as the rest goes not sure. I typically browse everything through iTunes and have all my music in 1 folder on my computer. At this point you just need to identify the DRM tracks and the above is the easiest way because you can then select those tracks and move them to a playlist for action later.

Thanked by:

As far as the rest goes not sure.
    I found my files. They were under a different user name.

So all I do is copy the ".M4P" files to a CD and then recopy them back to my computer and that removes the DRM? That sure is one terrible DRM system if it is that easy to remove.
    I voided my warranty.

I found my files. They were under a different user name.

So all I do is copy the ".M4P" files to a CD and then recopy them back to my computer and that removes the DRM? That sure is one terrible DRM system if it is that easy to remove.
    Burn it like you're making an audio CD. Audio files don't have the codec to keep it protected. Once you burn it to the CD successfully then rip it back to itunes. It will be the same songs but different format for you to use freely. And yes it's a workaround and it's a pain if you have a lot of DRM music. If not, then pretty painless.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    For sure. I had to try it though anyways just because I could.
    Lol I had Waze on my N7, tethered to my N4,on the way home fr work tonight ... because I could. looked great, very readable.

Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    NexusGirlX likes this.

Burn it like you're making an audio CD. Audio files don't have the codec to keep it protected. Once you burn it to the CD successfully then rip it back to itunes. It will be the same songs but different format for you to use freely. And yes it's a workaround and it's a pain if you have a lot of DRM music. If not, then pretty painless.
    I take it this is only possible if you burn an audio CD, not if you save to a flash drive, correct?
    I voided my warranty.

I take it this is only possible if you burn an audio CD, not if you save to a flash drive, correct?
    Correct.
    Thanked by:

Yes. The idea is you're converting a DRM protected song file to an audio CD format, then re-converting it. If the original DRM-protected file isn't very high resolution (192kbps, 128kbps), the resulting audio may be missing something, and the re-rip will be missing a bit too. But ... no more DRM.

Flash drive copying is simply that -- copying. Same files, same DRM locking.
    Thanked by:

any decent free audio cd burner software out there? I have my itunes songs on an older computer and the audio CD burning software on that computer doesn't recognize m4p files as audio files. I tried downloading a nero product but it couldn't complete the installation likely due to not enough space on the hard drive to install it.
    I voided my warranty.

any decent free audio cd burner software out there? I have my itunes songs on an older computer and the audio CD burning software on that computer doesn't recognize m4p files as audio files. I tried downloading a nero product but it couldn't complete the installation likely due to not enough space on the hard drive to install it.
    Use iTunes to burn it. Just go into the preferences and set it to audio CD and that's it. Add those songs to a playlist and burn. Instructions below.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast