How can i transfer songs from my itunes too my Nexus 4?

lfgalvao

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I use doubletwist to get music from itunes onto my Nexus 4 and past Android phones. You can sync only certain playlists or your whole library. You have to download app from Google Play and also download the program to your Mac.

I cant seem to enable Mass Storage Mode on my nexus4, so it can appear on doubletwist. How did you do it?

notdodgy

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Easiest way is sign up for Google music if available to you.

You can upload your iTunes library.

On your phone you can play anything in your library and choose to have some music saved to the phone.

Roger

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

eskimo88

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm very excited about GoogleMusic but concerned about how they identify songs as "pirated," how they mine for information, and what they will likely do about it. If some of my music was not purchased from prominent digital music stores, what is the likelihood of Google going further than taking it off my account?

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't listen to music all that much, to be honest. I'll listen in the car if I want the mental distraction (or I'm just in the mood) or sometimes if I'm out shopping. And for that, Google Music is AWESOME.

<rant>
And don't even get me started on DMCA. It was passed by those without true jurisdictional competence, under bribes / kickbacks / cajoling from Hollywood. It can be used, in conjunction with other laws, to harass, arrest, and detain citizens for no good reason. It also, in conjunction with treaties and other agreements signed between nations, allows Hollywood to charge, arrest, detain, and deport to the U.S. the citizens of sovereign nations (England lets us arrest and extradite their citizens; way to go British Parliament) when somebody somewhere "violates" the U.S. DMCA, even though it's not the law of their land.

In short, I do not support any artist who signs with any label that goes along with this; besides, generally the artists out there are getting screwed by the labels anyhow, so any payment wouldn't really go to them anyhow.
</rant>

Noelene Smith

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got a nexus 4 and have tried to load music on it from cds I have put on my computer.....I tried to click and drag from my file about 80 songs and that didnt work.....only added 7 songs to my phone.....so I went thru wmp and synced all the songs to my phone and still only have the 7 same songs in my music player on my phone......any ideas on how to fix this - op?ning my phone files online it shows all the songs were added to the music file on my phone.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the music player built into the N4 or N7 so I've been either using my iPod Nano or iPhone 4S ad an iPod. I know there are other players on the play store but I haven't looked yet.

I tried using Google music on my MacBook and I got almost 1500 songs uploaded but it makes my computer so slow that it's almost not worth uploading them. I don't know wht I need to upload 10,000 songs when iTunes Match matched so many that I only needed to upload 3,000. Google Music only matched about 3,000 of my songs. It took 3 days to upload 1500 songs and I just gave up.

I did try out what I did upload so far and it works good. I even connected my Nexus 7 to my cars bluetooth and streamed some of the songs that way while I was out and it worked OK. On my N7s cellular connection, it streamed good but a few times the music would stop for a second. Not sure of that was the BT connection or because of streaming.

schemula

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought Google Music was pretty cool and ideal to storing music and not filling up my phone.

I can't really recommend it though. They "scan" your music and where possible they upload their own version of the songs, which in many cases means sanitized radio edits. Made a pretty big mess of my collection.

You can tag songs and "fix incorrect match" but what a mess for something that should have never been a problem in the first place.

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I....

I did try out what I did upload so far and it works good. I even connected my Nexus 7 to my cars bluetooth and streamed some of the songs that way while I was out and it worked OK. On my N7s cellular connection, it streamed good but a few times the music would stop for a second. Not sure of that was the BT connection or because of streaming.

For things like driving around I'd download to device while driving. Sure, fun exercise, but cell coverage can be finicky in a moving car.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I would like to store music directly on my phone rather than on the cloud. I have a bunch of iTunes songs that I want to transfer to my GNex. What are my best options?

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Depends also if the music was downloaded using iTunes or imported, if imported just copy it to the phone in mass storage mode, if it's DRM protected iTunes stuff it may be easier to burn it to CD as a regular audio CD and then rip it back as MP3. There are programs out there to hack the DRM but obviously I wouldn't sanction this.....

iTunes has been DRM free for years.

gazoo2010

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to use Google music, download isyncr on your Android phone and the accompanying app on your mac. It allows you to sync your whole iTunes library or specific playlists either over USB or WIFI. Works great. Also, if your phone has a SD Slot, you can select to have the music sync to the card or internal memory.

~S

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
3 methods that work for me.

1. Drag and drop music files to your device and export itunes playlists (right click>export) and put the files in the same folder where you put the music files.
2. iSyncr. Allows syncing directly to iTunes via USB and Wifi.
3. Play Music (what I'm currently doing). Upload itunes music to google music and then download on app. I believe you can only play the music on the play music app. That player is sufficient for me but use the 2 above to play in any player.

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have to put the files onto my device. Streaming just doesn't work for me as service is spotty on my commute to work.
In fact, streaming my collection doesn't even appeal to me. I don't want to have to use data just to stream my music.
Because the N4 is so small in the memory dept (16gb) I only put on things I listen to regularly, or I use an iPod when I want to bring alot of music. .

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Google music doesn't support WAV format so half my songs couldnt be transferred and it only transferred one of five playlists. Double twist works and supports WAV format as well. Sound quality is OK However if you want to enable the built in EQ youll have to pay $5 which is BS. I keep 200 songs on my N4 and the rest on my 80g ipod classic.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got a nexus 4 and have tried to load music on it from cds I have put on my computer.....I tried to click and drag from my file about 80 songs and that didnt work.....only added 7 songs to my phone.....so I went thru wmp and synced all the songs to my phone and still only have the 7 same songs in my music player on my phone......any ideas on how to fix this - op?ning my phone files online it shows all the songs were added to the music file on my phone.

Why not use Google Music Manager?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have some older iTunes songs that have DRM and iSyncr won't copy them to my phone. How do I do it?

How many DRM files do you have? You can add a column that says "File type" or similar that will indicate protected music. There is really 3 solutions and depending upon how many files you have you'll decide which makes sense.

1) Burn the files to CDs as regular audio then rip back to your computer. They will no longer be DRM protected.
2) Buy DRM-removing software. I haven't seen any good free options and most are only trial. The software will remove the protection.
3) iTunes match. 24.99 per year. iTunes loads all your files to the cloud and you can play them and download them anywhere. So if you have some DRM files, iTunes will "match" them with it's library and make it available and then you can re-download it DRM-free. I only recommend this solution if you need the addition features of iTunes match.

I have like 60 files on my computer that are DRM and one of these days when I get some time and don't feel lazy I'll get around to doing #1.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
You can add a column that says "File type" or similar that will indicate protected music.
Make a column in what, iTunes?

1) Burn the files to CDs as regular audio then rip back to your computer. They will no longer be DRM protected.
I went to where my iTunes Media is but I only see a few recently purchased songs. Then there is a folder called Previous iTunes Libraries with iTunes Database Files (.itl files).

Any thoughts on where the rest of my songs are stored?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax