How can i transfer songs from my itunes too my Nexus 4?

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
On mac there is a google music manager app. I downloaded it and it will upload my entire iTunes collection to my free-for-anyone-with-gmail Google Music collection. Then you can stream it through any device including web browser or sync it to an Android device. Forgot what it is for Windows but I am sure it is not much different. Go to music.google.com to get started.

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Depends also if the music was downloaded using iTunes or imported, if imported just copy it to the phone in mass storage mode, if it's DRM protected iTunes stuff it may be easier to burn it to CD as a regular audio CD and then rip it back as MP3. There are programs out there to hack the DRM but obviously I wouldn't sanction this.....

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
On mac there is a google music manager app. I downloaded it and it will upload my entire iTunes collection to my free-for-anyone-with-gmail Google Music collection. Then you can stream it through any device including web browser or sync it to an Android device. Forgot what it is for Windows but I am sure it is not much different. Go to music.google.com to get started.

Perfect Thank You appreciate it

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Depends also if the music was downloaded using iTunes or imported, if imported just copy it to the phone in mass storage mode, if it's DRM protected iTunes stuff it may be easier to burn it to CD as a regular audio CD and then rip it back as MP3. There are programs out there to hack the DRM but obviously I wouldn't sanction this.....
My music all are imported, And there all over my macbook pro not in a specific section which would be whole lot easier. But the hood music manager is doing everything for me

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You have two choices...

1.) Download Google Music Manager Prefs pane and upload your music to the cloud (takes forever if you have a lot of songs). You will than have access to all your tunes (AIFF's are unsupported) via streaming and can toggle from the phone what tracks are kept on your phone for offline use.

2.) Download Google Android File Transfer, connect your phone via USB, Create a folder called "Music" on your phone, and simply select the tunes you want to transfer in iTunes and drag them to the Music folder on your phone to copy.
i think im going to go the google android file transfer route google music is taking forever!.. Thank you for your help appreciate it

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

iTunes has not used DRM for many years. It's gone, has been gone, and is not coming back for music. If anyone has downloaded music from iTunes any time in the past 3 years it is 100% DRM free and will play on any music player that can play ACC files; or just convert them to mp3s. If you have DRMed music from iTunes you can even "upgrade" them to DRM free and higher bit rate files; for a small price.

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
iTunes has not used DRM for many years. It's gone, has been gone, and is not coming back for music. If anyone has downloaded music from iTunes any time in the past 3 years it is 100% DRM free and will play on any music player that can play ACC files; or just convert them to mp3s. If you have DRMed music from iTunes you can even download new DRM free files.

Awesome I didn't know that! Shows how long it's been since I purchased off the iTunes Store lol

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i think im going to go the google android file transfer route google music is taking forever!.. Thank you for your help appreciate it

It does take a little bit to do it but to get all of your music into Google Music is worth it. Upload once, never have to again. Google Music Manager will either sync new songs into the iTunes library on a schedule or you can do it manually. I do it manually as I do not purchase music that often. I use the manager though as I only ever need to move my music once to be available everywhere. I saw there is even an iOS app that will stream from Google Music for those iOS devices you might still be using.

sdoo25

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 5 user. Just got my Nexus 4 a little while ago from ups, I was wondering how can i transfer my songs over from itunes to my Nexus 4

I use doubletwist to get music from itunes onto my Nexus 4 and past Android phones. You can sync only certain playlists or your whole library. You have to download app from Google Play and also download the program to your Mac.

A_S_V

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, I don't want to upload songs to google music and stream, I have iTunes collection that I would like to sync with N4, which includes syncing playlist and updating play count. I have researched and have found couple of options to go for (a) following apps are available in play store which can sync and update play count (iSyncr) & (Player Pro | Home). This is for use on Mac. (b) second option is to transfer library to Ubuntu and use Banshee or Rhythmbox player to sync (I believe Banshee can sync and update play count) (c) is to use dedicated music player for iTunes (my choice is 6th generation ipod nano).

I believe I will go for (c) and over time, will set up Ubuntu/Banshee and also try above apps.

tiptop95

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
let google music do its job, in the meantime (its gonna be a long time if you have over 600 songs) you can just transfer via usb. google music will put your music on its servers so you can view then anywhere on any device and even download them wirelessly onto your android device, it pritty much makes USB file transferring a thing of the past. wireless syncing is convenient once you got it all on the cloud

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Google Play music manager on Mac. I know a lot of folks are hesitant about this, but IMO it is much simpler to have all of my music in the cloud. Especially with the 8GB & 16GB options for the N4, no need to have the entire hard drive bogged down with music. You can always download the music from the cloud to your device (a few playlists, albums, etc.) if you are going to be offline and unable to stream. Plus, it monitors your music folder, so if you download any more music on iTunes on your mac, it will automatically be uploaded to your Google Play music.

I used to have a 32GB iPhone filled to brim, and now i'm happy with my 16GB with plenty of free space. IMO, it is freeing... :cool:

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
iTunes is simply a music player. Your music is "stored in iTunes." If you rip a CD, it's saved on your computer, and iTunes plays it for you. That's all it does.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

It has already been said that for a few years iTunes is DRM free. I just wanted to point out that the DMCA makes no distinction in how you circumvent DRM. Whether through software or hardware (burning then ripping) it is still circumvention and considered the same thing as far as the law is concerned. Kinda like ripping a DVD with handbrake and anydvd or recording it on VHS through an analog out. Both amount to the same thing in the eyes of the DMCA so if you are going to do it you might as well do the easier one that doesn't waste time or CD-R's.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234