Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Transferring to Nexus 4

Greetings,
    I was fortunate enough to procure a Nexus 4. I currently have an Optimus Slider from Virgin. Since the Nexus is without SD media, how can I keep my apps and the associated data ? I am not an uber geek, nor do I understand file structures/directories.
    If I copy the SD card data to my computer desktop, can I then move it to the Nexus or will I have to re-download the apps? If I am able to move the apps over; does that install them automatically? Explain it to me like I am a six year old BTW, I am a blind Android user. Thanks, Brian]

Default Re: Transferring to Nexus 4

it should be backed up on your play store account, when I moved to the nexus i had a android tablet and I restored from that. You should be able to restore from an old device during setup.
    Thanked by:

Just log into your Google account and go to the play store on the desktop. It will show your devices and what apps are on each. From there you can add your apps that you want from your old phone to your N4.

I could be wrong but if you download your apps from the Play Store you will get the app only and not the associated data (for example your progress in Angry Birds). You might try backing up your old phone with an app such as Titanium Backup and then moving the files over to your new phone. I've never done this so maybe someone else can chime in. You probably need your phone unlocked / rooted to do a full backup. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will add to this thread. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow1336 View Post
    You probably need your phone unlocked / rooted to do a full backup.
    Yup.