- 3 Posts
Transferring to Nexus 4
I was fortunate enough to procure a Nexus 4. I currently have an Optimus Slider from Virgin. Since the Nexus is without SD media, how can I keep my apps and the associated data ? I am not an uber geek, nor do I understand file structures/directories.
If I copy the SD card data to my computer desktop, can I then move it to the Nexus or will I have to re-download the apps? If I am able to move the apps over; does that install them automatically? Explain it to me like I am a six year old BTW, I am a blind Android user. Thanks, Brian]
- 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM #2
- 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM #3
- 11-28-2012, 06:00 PM #4
- 13 Posts
Re: Transferring to Nexus 4
I could be wrong but if you download your apps from the Play Store you will get the app only and not the associated data (for example your progress in Angry Birds). You might try backing up your old phone with an app such as Titanium Backup and then moving the files over to your new phone. I've never done this so maybe someone else can chime in. You probably need your phone unlocked / rooted to do a full backup. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will add to this thread. Good luck.
- 11-28-2012, 06:33 PM #5
- By kalpat in forum Google Nexus 7 TabletReplies: 45Last Post: 04-08-2013, 11:58 PM
- By ZipKicker in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 15Last Post: 03-05-2012, 02:31 PM
- By naudan in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 12-18-2011, 08:54 PM
- By fascinatej in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 9Last Post: 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
- By lsufronier in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM