Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do You Actually Like Your Nexus 4? Why or Why Not? Any Buyers Remorse?

Those that have received the Nexus 4, do you like it? Why or why not? Anyone suffering buyers remorse?

Default Re: Do You Actually Like Your Nexus 4? Why or Why Not? Any Buyers Remorse?

I'm actually just on mine, and I just don't like the sound ,then again I'm coming from S3. So its really not a competition.

I'm also having trouble trying to use a speed test. Works fine over Wi-Fi but on network it's giving me errors.

No buyers remorse though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Do You Actually Like Your Nexus 4? Why or Why Not? Any Buyers Remorse?

Quote Originally Posted by yukichi View Post
    Those that have received the Nexus 4, do you like it? Why or why not? Anyone suffering buyers remorse?
    I love mine. But I went from a evo 4g to a old *** blackberry for a few months then to my n4. So it's kinda a huge upgrade for me

Sent from my Nexus 4

The only thing I don't like is the slippery backside. I like the look but hate the feel. I thought the Galaxy Nexus was perfect with the textured (matte) plastic so it was easy to grip. The Nexus 4 is a bear...so I ordered a Zagg to put on the back and hopefully make it a bit grippier (and less scratch prone obviously). That's my only complaint.

Love the nexus 4 (upgraded from the galaxy nexus)

I like it, but does not feel as comfortable in the hand to hold for long periods of time as my epic 4g touch.

I've had mine for a week now and I'm still enjoying it a lot. I previously had the Galaxy S3 and don't miss it at all. The build quality of the Nexus 4 is a lot better, the size seems perfect for one hand use and feels great, its screen is nice, the battery is better then my GS3, the performance is better with everything and I love getting Google updates OTA. Vanilla Android is the best way to experience Android and I will stick with Nexus devices in the future. Photosphere is a cool feature and the normal panorama mode works well but the camera quality is slightly worse then the GS3 and of course no LTE coverage but, using AT&T on HSPA+, I'm getting 8Mbps - 12Mbps down which is still very good so the lack of LTE doesn't bother me at all.

Overall I'm very happy with the switch and finally being able to get vanilla Android and use apps like Google Wallet instead of having them blocked by the carrier. The device feels premium and great in the hand with day to day use. The storage size of 8GB works for me and 8GB or 16GB will work for others but if you want more storage without using the cloud look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Halofury View Post
    I'm actually just on mine, and I just don't like the sound ,then again I'm coming from S3. So its really not a competition.

I'm also having trouble trying to use a speed test. Works fine over Wi-Fi but on network it's giving me errors.

No buyers remorse though.

You need to clear the proxy in the APN settings, it worked fine for me after I did that and reset the phone.

EDIT: What do you mean by sound? I also switched from the GS3 and find that music sounds the same when using the headphone jack. The speaker on the back also seems to be better in my opinion but notifications are on the quiet side.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    I've had mine for a week now and I'm still enjoying it a lot. I previously had the Galaxy S3 and don't miss it at all. The build quality of the Nexus 4 is a lot better, the size seems perfect for one hand use and feels great, its screen is nice, the battery is better then my GS3, the performance is better with everything and I love getting Google updates OTA. Vanilla Android is the best way to experience Android and I will stick with Nexus devices in the future. Photosphere is a cool feature and the normal panorama mode works well but the camera quality is slightly worse then the GS3 and of course no LTE coverage but, using AT&T on HSPA+, I'm getting 8Mbps - 12Mbps down which is still very good so the lack of LTE doesn't bother me at all.

Overall I'm very happy with the switch and finally being able to get vanilla Android and use apps like Google Wallet instead of having them blocked by the carrier. The device feels premium and great in the hand with day to day use. The storage size of 8GB works for me and 8GB or 16GB will work for others but if you want more storage without using the cloud look elsewhere.
    how much smaller is the n4 than the gs3? not talking bout screen size.

My only complaints are I wish it was slightly smaller (or google offered a smaller option with similar specs). I also don't like the idea of a glass back, sure it's pretty but i'm going to run case to avoid breaking it. I have never previously needed a case and don't like that this phone basically requires one.

And before someone says it yes I do take good care of my electronics but being in a trade is a little harder on a phone than sitting behind a desk.

I am happy with my N4. This is my 4th Android in the past 4 years. Longtime Sprint user. So far I have been impressed with the phone. I just know that its fragile which is a downside. Coming from a Samsung Epic 4g Touch, this was a big change. The biggest thing I noticed was the screen. No more over saturated colors. The speed is fast. Screen transitions are fluid. Its funny because I know I said that about my S2 when I got it. Only after I had this phone in my hands is when I knew it was smoother than the S2. The speaker could be a tad bit louder but I can live with it. The camera is fine for me. Its still a phone.

The things that aren't related to the hardware are what has challenged me. No more Sense or Touchwiz which is nice but a change nonetheless. Jellybean is nice. I miss the separate volume slider for notifications. Now its combined with ringer. Don't like that. I'm sure its an app away.

The big thing for me is the updates. That's what I have always envied about the Nexus when I had my other phones.

Having had the nexus, maxx and maxx HD all on Verizon the biggest downfalls are the battery and network for me that is. I'm learning to live with the battery and now being on T-Mobile's $30 plan in comparison to Verizon's $100 plan the network quality isn't too bad. Where I work is has actually been awesome considering T-Mobile hasn't had the best in building coverage it's gotten a lot better. Sure I have quite a few dead zones now where I really didn't have any when I was with Verizon I can live with it. Another huge plus is finally having a pure Google phone and no more waiting for the carriers to approve the update. When I got the 4.2 .1 update just a couple of hour after everyone was taking about it I was thrilled I had a Google phone. Surprisingly T-Mobile's "4g" network is not bad and I'm not missing Verizon's 4glte much. Of course I'm just one of a select group that will give up having Verizons lte network. Overall on a scale of 1-10 I would rate the nexus 4 a 9 for me of course with only lacking battery and network. Love the quad core processor and no bloatware which with Verizon's droid phones is always on abundance.

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    Surprisingly T-Mobile's "4g" network is not bad and I'm not missing Verizon's 4glte much. Of course I'm just one of a select group that will give up having Verizons lte network. Overall on a scale of 1-10 I would rate the nexus 4 a 9 for me of course with only lacking battery and network. Love the quad core processor and no bloatware which with Verizon's droid phones is always on abundance.
    I left T-Mobile and G1 behind for the VZW LTE wagon. I have had buy Thunderbolt for almost 5 times and caught one hand how many times I used lte. I am returning to T-Mobile when I can no longer wait for white Nexus 4 to come out. When I switch to t-mobile I will defiantly be going on the $30 4G Monthly plan.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

The Google Nexus 4 struggles to keep up with the IBM BlueGene super computer from 2002. Whether it will be enough for consumers to only unravel the human genome in 18.3 hours unlike it's nearest rival (iPhone 5, 16 hours) is yet to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    When I got the 4.2 .1 update just a couple of hour after everyone was taking about it I was thrilled I had a Google phone.
    Agreed. Nerdgasm.